• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m torn... I love my magic bands, but if this doesn’t drain my watch battery, it would be nice to use that. I have no desire to use my phone though. I very rarely keep it out now and the battery dies quickly.

Yeah, I get it!! I probably will at least give it a try, because I love playing with new things...but at the same time, I will most likely use my magic bands at all times.

I agree on many fronts. First, there is no point debating any of this here (or anywhere really) as it really is pointless. Second, I too find it frustrating. After many canceled Disney trips, I so am hoping that my family can go in August. I anticipate that my wife and I will be vaccinated by then, but our three kids (11, 8, 7) will not be.

What I do find kind of ironic about this story is that the FLA governor doesn’t want government to allow or support vaccine passports because it infringes on an individual’s rights. However, he is perfectly fine with forbidding a privately owned business from making their own choice on requiring a vaccine passport. Seems circular to me.

I JUST WANT TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD LIKE IT’S 2019!!!!
Yep. Schools can do it, why can't a business?
http://www.floridahealth.gov/progra...s/school-immunization-requirements/index.html
Personally there will come a time in a near future where the 3 W's become a means of protecting yourself vs not wanting to spread COVID. After a few months of generally available and widespread supply of the vaccine (ie walk into CVS and get it w/o jumping through hoops), it will be up to you to protect yourself not me.

A year and half has gone by were I did my ( and my family's) best to prevent other from catching covid from us (if we had it), including participating in phase 3 trial.

Now its up to the people that refuse the vaccine to take care of themselves. (refuse != medically unable to receive).

If a business/employer wants to require a shot, I'm fine with that. As I am fine visiting a business that doesn't require them.

Does the app use your cell data?

No, it does not.

“Express Pass essentially allows you to use your smart phone or Apple Watch by simply tapping it at a park entry location without the need to unlock your phone or open the Apple Wallet or MyDisneyExperience app.”

Last edited:

Am I missing something?

With a MagicBands everyone in a party can scan in at the same time, PhotoPass photos linked to your account and you can make purchases easily all through the MB. With MagicMobile one person has to scan in others in their party one at a time (which will certainly make lines slower), PhotoPass photos can be linked to your account and you cannot make purchases.

How is this a step forward again? :scratchin I think I'll stick with MBs for now.

I’m torn... I love my magic bands, but if this doesn’t drain my watch battery, it would be nice to use that. I have no desire to use my phone though. I very rarely keep it out now and the battery dies quickly.
Same here. I have no desire to get my phone out every time I enter a park, need to unlock my door, etc., when my MagicBand is right there on my wrist, but will definitely see how it works with my Apple Watch when I'm there the last week of April. Right now, nothing happens when I tap on it in the MDE app so I can't set it up, but there's plenty of time to get that fixed. Of course, I could have concentrated on the directions rather than typing this post. :-)

Same here. I have no desire to get my phone out every time I enter a park, need to unlock my door, etc., when my MagicBand is right there on my wrist, but will definitely see how it works with my Apple Watch when I'm there the last week of April. Right now, nothing happens when I tap on it in the MDE app so I can't set it up, but there's plenty of time to get that fixed. Of course, I could have concentrated on the directions rather than typing this post. :-)
Keep us posted on how you like it. 😊 And have an awesome time while you’re here!

I feel the same way. I was at Touch of Disney last week and I pretty much only used my phone for mobile ordering and checking the the different menus. My battery was down to 10% by the time Ieft. I bring battery chargers with me to WDW, but I also don’t want to get my phone out for everything. I find the magic band a lot easier to use. But, I do like that they added another touchless option for those who do not want to buy a magic band.

I feel the same way. I was at Touch of Disney last week and I pretty much only used my phone for mobile ordering and checking the the different menus. My battery was down to 10% by the time Ieft. I bring battery chargers with me to WDW, but I also don’t want to get my phone out for everything. I find the magic band a lot easier to use. But, I do like that they added another touchless option for those who do not want to buy a magic band.
Agreed! I just loaded mine and it linked with my watch immediately. I may go to HS tomorrow and give it a try. It would be nice to not have matching tan lines LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter