News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced some sort of monetized Fast Pass system will return once attendance limits start opening up more. I figured it would be rolled out with the Disney Genie app, but this may be another step in the process

I don’t know how I feel about paid FPs just yet... but... If they do go that way... I think resort guests should get at least 3 free FP as a “perk.” Or - do something similar to UO with a FP for everything (included if you are staying on Disney property). But I just don’t think it’s even a consideration for Disney because they know they don’t need any gimmicks to fill the rooms - they know we’re still coming!!!!!😂

I don’t know how I feel about paid FPs just yet... but... If they do go that way... I think resort guests should get at least 3 free FP as a “perk.” Or - do something similar to UO with a FP for everything (included if you are staying on Disney property). But I just don’t think it’s even a consideration for Disney because they know they don’t need any gimmicks to fill the rooms - they know we’re still coming!!!!!😂
I think a specified # of FPs would be a good perk. Honestly, the way it is now I'm not sure I'd always book a Disney resort in the future. Until a few years ago, we'd always stayed at Shades of Green (close enough and we love it there, but it doesn't have DME and nearly as many buses to parks) or rented a house with friends. The last few years though, almost always a WDW resort. Recently we stayed off-property and drove in. Without DME, Disney resorts are looking less attractive to me. FPs would definitely tip things back in the right direction lol. (30-minutes early entry doesn't do it for me since getting on an early bus doesn't always happen if late or not enough buses come. If they upped that to 60-90 minutes....game changer! lol)

Although with the right discount, I could probably still easily be swayed to stay at a WDW resort 😂

I would guess NFC, like Apple Pay? ...for iOS of course :)

I'm thinking the same ... if you can add the MagicMobile to your iOS Wallet, then it would probably work outside the MDE app using NFC. The pay points around WDW use NFC for apple pay, but currently are other touchpoint like the FP tap compatible with NFC? I figuring that is a yes as it would be similar to how the magic bands already work?

Hoping they also release extended hours for the weeks following Easter - they only go thru Mar 27 right now, and we will arrive Apr 10.... it would be nice to be able to actually see the bioluminescence in AK since right now the park closes at 5, and the sun doesn't set until almost 8.....🤞

They updated hours in my app for 3/28-4/3

MK 8a-9p
DHS 9a-8p
EP 11a-11p
AK 8a-8p

Hoping they also release extended hours for the weeks following Easter - they only go thru Mar 27 right now, and we will arrive Apr 10.... it would be nice to be able to actually see the bioluminescence in AK since right now the park closes at 5, and the sun doesn't set until almost 8.....🤞

I hope they do, too, for all of you that will be there!! There’s nothing like Disney after dark!!!!! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter