• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I roll with most things but this one... I dunno. C'mon!

Nothing says "sanitary" to me like touching my mask between each bite, right? /s

I hope this one is simply a misinterpretation. I'd be fine leaving my mask on while ordering and awaiting my food... but once the food is on the table, I don't want to be touching that thing over and over again.

EDIT: I think it has be the blogs creating click-bait. It's all the major offenders posting about it! Disney updated the wording but I think the blogs are possibly taking it too far.
I agree that it’s ridiculous to expect people to raise and lower their masks for each bite of food. We’ll be there next week and will politely protest such a strict interpretation of the rules.

I agree that it’s ridiculous to expect people to raise and lower their masks for each bite of food. We’ll be there next week and will politely protest such a strict interpretation of the rules.
The more I think about it, this can’t possibly be true, right?? I don’t want my kids eating their chicken fingers, fries, grapes, etc with their HANDS and then touching a mask between each bite. At best the mask will be covered in food. At worst they’ll actually get sick from repeated contact with a mask that’s designed to catch germs. I think it’s just blogs creating clickbait.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, this can’t possibly be true, right?? I don’t want my kids eating their chicken fingers, fries, grapes, etc with their HANDS and then touching a mask between each bite. At best the mask will be covered in food. At worst they’ll actually get sick from repeated contact with a mask that’s designed to catch germs. I think it’s just blogs creating clickbait.
Yes, I agree. Disney’s PR folks have trouble writing clearly sometimes.

I was on site yesterday and today, and ate at a couple table service + a couple counter service, and not a word was said about this new policy. No signage, no comments, didn't even know about it until it was posted.

I typically keep my mask on until I get food/drink, and I've noticed others will too, so maybe they are intending for people to leave the mask on while ordering, after eating, etc?

I noticed there IS a lot of camping out in food spots with the mask off so maybe in reaction to that?

I was on site yesterday and today, and ate at a couple table service + a couple counter service, and not a word was said about this new policy. No signage, no comments, didn't even know about it until it was posted.

I typically keep my mask on until I get food/drink, and I've noticed others will too, so maybe they are intending for people to leave the mask on while ordering, after eating, etc?

I noticed there IS a lot of camping out in food spots with the mask off so maybe in reaction to that?
I guess the definition of eating is open to interpretation by some.

I think they’re probably trying to prevent people from hanging around after they’re done eating, taking up precious space in QS locations, just so they can be maskless for a while longer. And maybe to protect the servers at TS locations from maskless orderers?

Ok, I roll with most things but this one... I dunno. C'mon!

Nothing says "sanitary" to me like touching my mask between each bite, right? /s

I hope this one is simply a misinterpretation. I'd be fine leaving my mask on while ordering and awaiting my food... but once the food is on the table, I don't want to be touching that thing over and over again.

EDIT: I think it has be the blogs creating click-bait. It's all the major offenders posting about it! Disney updated the wording but I think the blogs are possibly taking it too far.
The way I read it is that you can take it off while actively eating, but have to wear it while waiting for food. When I was there a few weeks ago I had planned on doing this, but the restaurants had so much room around the tables I only put it on when the server was near at the table.

I wonder if this means they are thinking about increasing the density at restaurants.

Huh, this is interesting. At multiple times on our trip in January (at the Enchanted Rose Lounge, Beaches & Cream, and at least one other that I can’t specifically recall), we had our masks on when the server came to take our drink order and they reminded us that we were free to take our masks off since we were seated. It sort of surprised us that they openly encouraged us to take off our masks before we were actively eating/drinking. I’ll be curious to see how much restaurants actually enforce this new policy!

If it works like most 2FA I've had and can be told to "trust this device" so I don't have to wait for a code every time I log on from home, I won't mind. They must be rolling it out gradually, though, because I just logged on and didn't get it.
I just checked and I didn't get it either.

The article stated they were “in the process of rolling it out”, so I assume it’s in the works. The website has been glitchy for a couple of days now, so we can possibly chalk it up to the update. Or just good ol’ Disney IT! 😆

I guess we’ll see... hopefully we do not need a code with each login, but I do have accounts elsewhere where it’s required each time I log in.

Huh, this is interesting. At multiple times on our trip in January (at the Enchanted Rose Lounge, Beaches & Cream, and at least one other that I can’t specifically recall), we had our masks on when the server came to take our drink order and they reminded us that we were free to take our masks off since we were seated. It sort of surprised us that they openly encouraged us to take off our masks before we were actively eating/drinking. I’ll be curious to see how much restaurants actually enforce this new policy!

I'm curious too. I wonder how unilaterally this will be applied across all WDW eateries. I have a feeling there will be inconsistencies between restaurants and even servers. A question I have is will the servers be tip-penalized for enforcing the procedure and/or will the responsibility be tied non-servers (management)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter