News Round Up 2020

I'm just surprised that they've already committed to doing this for the whole year.
It's probably a smart move honestly. No more guess work, no more "well play it by ear", etc. Plus with the vaccine on the horizon there's some light to look towards. A vaccine, in theory, would allow theaters to operate more normally (not trying to get into a vaccine discussion just stating what is the general thought towards a vaccine is helping to put us back towards 'normal').

I think there's something to be said these days for upheavals in having a release date for a movie, pushing it off, then pushing it off again, then coming up with something different. At least the movie theaters know (and hopefully can trust in WB sticking to their decision) something solid in their up and mostly down year when it comes to their business.

AMC A-List was $24 a month for unlimited movies including IMAX, and you weren’t under contract to pay it every month. If there’s 2 of 3 movies a month you have interest in seeing, AList was an absolute steal. I saw Avengers endgame 12 times in theaters, 4 times in IMAX for $50. Without AList it would have been around $175. Not that I would have seen the movie 12 times without A-List, but I’m also not upset that I did. On average I go to the movies 60-75 times a year. Granted I don’t have kids so I don’t need to worry about finding a sitter, but if I’m spending more than $12 at the theater on popcorn and drinks, that would be alot

Not that I am aware of - just the $15/ticket cost
I'm guessing if you don't go enough to the movies a rewards program, assuming your selected theater(s) have something like that, wouldn't be worth it?

Like we have AMC Stubs and even though it's no longer free like MovieWatcher program was we still use it. Earning rewards then gives us money to use for future tickets or concessions (most often we use it for dinner at Fork and Screen or Cinema Suites so it's basically free dinner for us). One thing I think they've been nice about is when you go to renew (which it's $15 presently full price though they have deals) they will apply the $15 towards your rewards.

I'm guessing if you don't go enough to the movies a rewards program, assuming your selected theater(s) have something like that, wouldn't be worth it?

Like we have AMC Stubs and even though it's no longer free like MovieWatcher program was we still use it. Earning rewards then gives us money to use for future tickets or concessions (most often we use it for dinner at Fork and Screen or Cinema Suites so it's basically free dinner for us). One thing I think they've been nice about is when you go to renew (which it's $15 presently full price though they have deals) they will apply the $15 towards your rewards.

at most we would go to 3 or 4 movies a year, and most often it is to the Alamo for Date Night as they have full bar, ~20 beers on tap, and full service dining they bring to your seat. So it is more for the night out than *just* to see the movie

I'm surprised so many love the idea of streaming everything at home. Doesn't anyone like going out anymore. I am talking before Covid. Its not really that expensive to go out to a movie. At least here Costco sells movie tickets that come with pop and popcorn for $25.
Last movie I saw in a theater was Bug's Life when I took my 5 year old grandaughter (she's 27 now).

I'm surprised so many love the idea of streaming everything at home. Doesn't anyone like going out anymore. I am talking before Covid. Its not really that expensive to go out to a movie. At least here Costco sells movie tickets that come with pop and popcorn for $25.

I've missed going to movies. Some friends and I were all AMC A-list subscribers, so I went to a movie at least twice a month (covering the cost of subscription), if not every weekend. I'm hoping Warner Bros' move won't do permanent damage to the movie theater industry. However, I've been looking forwrard to the film adaptation of "In the Heights" for a couple years now, so am happy it's finally going to be released, even if I do have to stream it rather than see it in a theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter