• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with the smoking ban, but honestly didn't ever notice it much anyway.
Considering they aren't really having an issue filling the parks, they can afford to discourage the few the ban will alienate.

Certainly won't help some of the already cranky parents, if they are going through withdrawal for a week.

consider yourself lucky ... feels like we always encounter smokers - and generally they are no where near the smoking section. hate having my kids and cloud of smoke comes up and trying to avoid it, etc.

It will be really interesting to see how they handle the part about wanting people to only be in GE for a "window of time" with both a start and end time ... how will that be enforced? have like color coded bracelets that are good for a certain amount of time and then kick people out?
I imagine it would have to be something super visible like that.

The ice thing is interesting-not the dry ice part but about the loose ice. I'm guessing CM will be opening coolers to make sure? Never brought a cooler in but did they used to ask to look inside before?

It will be really interesting to see how they handle the part about wanting people to only be in GE for a "window of time" with both a start and end time ... how will that be enforced? have like color coded bracelets that are good for a certain amount of time and then kick people out?

That would make sense - it's kind of what they already do for MNSSHP (just in reverse - party goers get wristbands and everyone without one is ushered out of the park at party time). SWGE is a smaller acreage than MK so they could use a similar "sweep the park" strategy at certain intervals through the day.

The ice thing is interesting-not the dry ice part but about the loose ice. I'm guessing CM will be opening coolers to make sure? Never brought a cooler in but did they used to ask to look inside before?

Yep the last few times we went they absolutely looked in our cooler.

looks like they did reduce the size on the stroller so it wasn't a typo. But the good news is there should still be plenty of ones that are within that size limitation :)

yeah, i think most of the standard/common ones will be fine - including ones that most of the stroller rental companies use. even the double wide ones like the Citi Mini Double which is a common one to rent is 29.75″ wide

I think it is the ones with the big wheels, like the jogging strollers, that will be most impacted ... and wagons of course - but as far as regular strollers, definitely are still plenty of options

I'm happy with the smoking ban, but honestly didn't ever notice it much anyway.
Considering they aren't really having an issue filling the parks, they can afford to discourage the few the ban will alienate.

Certainly won't help some of the already cranky parents, if they are going through withdrawal for a week.
Especially if those cranky parents don't have a ginormous wagon to cart around all their stuff. Extra cranky parents.

This trip I have encountered zero smokers BUT I have seen parents blatantly run over people's feet without apologizing, park giant double wide strollers in the path of narrow women's bathrooms then yell at every person trying to step over it, parents that completely clog every walkway with giant wagons while they decide which way to go, and parents yelling at bus drivers who told them to move their strollers off the top of the wheelchair/scooter seats on the buses.

This stroller thing makes me so happy. So, so, so very happy.

News

New dates for all 3 Disney After Hours have been released! Through May at MK and through June at AK and DHS.
I wonder if SWGE will be included in DAH? Has that been addressed yet?

BREAKING: Disney bans smoking at all of their theme parks, water parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports

http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/break...heme-parks-banning-smoking-beginning-may-1st/
My hubby is an e-cig user and I just prepared him for this. There isn't tar in these and emmision from them hasn't been shown to be harmful to others....obviously it's still probably harmful for him but I'll take this as opposed to real cigs. In any case, I guess they've included e-cigs because it's difficult to tell the difference from a distance.

Here's the official Disney parks blog regarding smoking, strollers and loose ice...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ext-park-visit/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0328190001A
We will have to pay attention to this as I'm sure we'll need a stroller in December with our granddaughter. This will be totally new to me as we've never had toddler age children with us at Disney! Actually I do remember one time in December when my kids were 4 and 5. I did have a double stroller that I must have rented. I have no recollection of this but I have a photo to prove it! Do you stroller users believe it's easier to bring your own or rent one while at WDW? I know my granddaughter has a cadillac of a stroller so I hope it meets specs if we do decide to bring it. I would think it would be helpful in the airports as well?

Ultimately I think the stroller things serves a few different purposes. I do think there is a financial benefit to disney. I think they'll get more stroller rental income as folks that don't have small enough strollers will have to rent one. Since folks won't have 50000 cubic feet of storage in their cart/stroller, they'll now have to make more in park supply purchases rather than carrying it in. I think this might help make the bag check lines move a little better in the mornings as well. I think you also must consider gondola transportation as well, enforcing the standard will make it easier to load and unload the gondolas(also buses and boats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter