News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they were purchased by Verizon in 2015 at a $4.4 billion valuation. My wife still actively uses her AOL email, and I rib her about it every time she gives it out.

In her defense so do I but I don't want to deal with changing a 20 year old email. And I was too late to the gmail thing so my email was already gone and I didn't want something different. It still works just fine :)

This is not so much news, but the 30 day window for FP on GE opening day opened today. I’ve been anxiously awaiting this day to see how the new tiering would affect things. The good news is, I can finally book Tower of Terror (as early as 6:15 AM!) The bad news is, the tiering did nothing to open availability for Slinky. Did anyone who hasn’t booked in the 60 day window noticed it being easier to get on days 1 or 2? I had a 1 day trip in September and I know I couldn’t.

at this point if all the announcement is is details for the coaster, that will be a pretty big letdown

I said the same thing to myself when I saw that Instagram post but there’s no way they would rent out the convention center to announce the new coaster. That post pretty much confirms they will be making more than one announcement. Most likely an update on the Terminator replacement, Jurassic Coaster, and of course the new park.

So - I think people are ignoring the obvious. I think they want to be able to roll out new content every week. Unlike Netflix that takes things down, I think D+ is going to leave it's content up. So rather than splat all its content at the same instance - they want to be able to say "and next week you get this, and then this". If they put everything on there at once, then everyone would be complaining "oh, it was great at first, but they never have new content." As some pointed out, it's not like you can watch the 1000 hours of shows/movies the first week. This way they keep making new additions. Seems so obvious to me.
I can't speak for other people, but since you quoted my post I'll share that I'm not ignoring that at all. Of course I get that they want to keep adding content over time.

I still maintain that this starting list is ridiculously short given the MASSIVE catalogue they have to choose from. I think they risk rubbing people the wrong way right out of the gate and being accused of a money grab for choosing to release SO LITTLE from day one and charging $7/mo for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter