News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the cavalcade makes me wish DHS had a regular parade every day .... I know it isn't everyone's favorite park but when MGM/DHS is at its best I think it is an amazing park
@Max Rebo I was just going to say this! I loved the parade at DHS and the old one at AK too. I feel a parade would be a decent people suck at DHS too.....draw some folks away from SWGE.

Personally I think this area at HS is a horrible idea. The ones that used to be inside the park were easy to avoid. This is exactly where the line backs up to and past while waiting in line for the Friendship Boats at park close. We used the boats a lot when we stayed at Beach Club and will use them again this year. Can you imagine families with small children or people sensitive to smoke standing right there for 20 minutes? I can't see this area staying very long.

img_4726.jpg

Personally I think this area at HS is a horrible idea. The ones that used to be inside the park were easy to avoid. This is exactly where the line backs up to and past while waiting in line for the Friendship Boats at park close. We used the boats a lot when we stayed at Beach Club and will use them again this year. Can you imagine families with small children or people sensitive to smoke standing right there for 20 minutes? I can't see this area staying very long.

View attachment 398444
Yeah I was surprised and not thrilled when I saw this as the location for DHS.

View attachment 398444
Could they have possibly picked a worse spot for this?? Welcome to DHS to all our friends paying lots of money to stay at BC/YC/BW - here’s a nice cloud of smoke...

View attachment 398444

I saw that and let out a groan. I am unfortunately one of those people that is sensitive to cigarette smoke:( We are planning on staying at BWI on our next trip. I might just walk instead of waiting for the boat.

I can’t figure out what they were thinking with this. Even if the friendship boat line isn’t backed up. Every SINGLE person riding the boats will have to pass through what will be a pretty big smoking area since it’s the only one! It’s like at pop where half the resort has to walk past it to get to the food court!!

I can’t figure out what they were thinking with this. Even if the friendship boat line isn’t backed up. Every SINGLE person riding the boats will have to pass through what will be a pretty big smoking area since it’s the only one! It’s like at pop where half the resort has to walk past it to get to the food court!!

Plus, the smell is going to be in everyone's hair and on their clothes. They will take it with them onto the boat. Those boats are already kind of stuffy, since they are enclosed:crazy2:

The new logo is fine - very minimalist, which is clearly the direction Disney wants to be going in right now. The characters look very copy-and-pasted, but I can see them rotating those characters out with others regularly so maybe that's why. What I'm confused about is them keeping the name - didn't they make a big deal a year or two ago about how it would be Hollywood Studios through the end of 2018, and then have a new name by 2020? Something like "Disney's Cinemagic Land" or something like that?
Please.... No..... I'm glad they didn't change the name. All their possibilities (that we know of) were sooooo bad. Although, I still call it MGM by accident on occasion. I can't handle another name change!

View attachment 398444

The difference now is that this is the ONLY smoking spot at the entire park. A few people vs every person at DHS who wants to smoke may bring an unfortunately different result.
That has always been the smoking area but you are right....now it's the ONLY smoking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter