• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do this as well, but there’s no way we’re going to carry around enough water for four of us to drink all day in 100 degree weather. We start out the day with the bottles we bring in, then end up buying. Captive audience... like ball parks, movie theaters, etc. Ridiculous prices.

Were a family of 4 as well and we bring 2 backpacks with 5 water bottles in each bag and take turns carrying it. It is heavy especially in beginning of day but we refuse to spend money on water. I rather spend my money on dole whips instead :teeth:

Yeah - I'm normally a pack mule (camel?) with the water bottles, but in a few weeks when DW and I go, I wanted to have a "no bag" policy that allowed us to just walk in without having to go through the bag check. Still might do it, and just get QS water when we are thirsty. (It's sort of a amazing that you can still get free water.)
Don’t say it too loudly.

Just to point out at Lambeau Field water is $4.75 soda is $5.75.

I don't even know what Lambeau field is.:confused3 And I can get a bottle of water for $.25 at Costco.
Like I said, I'm not cheap, but this is one of those limits for me. It's water! They have nickeled and dimed me to where I am questioning every penny I give them and starting to feel ripped off. I don't like that feeling as I love my Disney. It's all the little things piled on top of one another.

I'm having a 10 minute rant about it and then I have to go back to planning my end of October visit. :crazy:

Went to a fall festival at a farm today (it's the only farm in my large county, so huge captive audience - had to be over a 1000 people there at opening with all the field trips)...and I couldn't believe the prices...

$1.50 for a PBJ...$1.50 for a cold cheese sandwich...free apples and apple cider as part of my $6 "value day" ticket (and a free take home pumpkin, too). I had brought a picnic b/c I was ready for the "captive audience" prices, and I was floored how reasonable it was. I ended up hitting the bakery for a 6 pack of fresh apple cider donuts and a gallon of apple cider ($6 and $9) b/c I felt like I wanted this farm to stay in business for a very, very long time...

PS - This is a long way of saying some businesses get that they are in business for families and their community...and some don't...

I don't even know what Lambeau field is.:confused3 And I can get a bottle of water for $.25 at Costco.
Like I said, I'm not cheap, but this is one of those limits for me. It's water! They have nickeled and dimed me to where I am questioning every penny I give them and starting to feel ripped off. I don't like that feeling as I love my Disney. It's all the little things piled on top of one another.

I'm having a 10 minute rant about it and then I have to go back to planning my end of October visit. :crazy:
Football stadium. Lots of people like to compare sports and concert venue pricing to Disney.

Just to point out at Lambeau Field water is $4.75 soda is $5.75.
We pay at least $6 at baseball stadiums for a small water bottle. It’s such a rip off. I usually try to being an unopened water since you are wlllwes to bring those in.

We pay at least $6 at baseball stadiums for a small water bottle. It’s such a rip off. I usually try to being an unopened water since you are wlllwes to bring those in.
Yeah sports venues tend to be quite high on bottled beverages and alcohol. While $3.50 isn't great I would pay that before the $4.50+ at many sports venues.

(It's sort of a amazing that you can still get free water.)

During the hotter months (aka April-October), they’d probably rather give out free filtered water than have people be dehydrated because they don’t want to pay, didn’t pack water, and don’t like fountain water.

We do this as well, but there’s no way we’re going to carry around enough water for four of us to drink all day in 100 degree weather. We start out the day with the bottles we bring in, then end up buying. Captive audience... like ball parks, movie theaters, etc. Ridiculous prices.

All you need is one resuseable bottle per person :) Tervis tumblers are fantastic; those double walls make a huge difference in how long the water stays cold. In the summer, I fill it with ice and then water, carry it in an insulated bag, and the ice doesn’t finish melting until early afternoon. We refill them at fountains or self-serve beverage stations as needed, like at Backlot Express.

Not to mention pretty good churros for $1.00!

Did they stop giving out free water to drink?

A Dasani bottled water at a movie theatre or fast food place where I live (Canada) is $3-4. It's awful. I just hate paying for water but my husband will never bring his own water bottle around. LOL that's gonna change on our next WDW trip!

Football stadium. Lots of people like to compare sports and concert venue pricing to Disney.

There's a huge difference between buying water at a sporting event that lasts a few hours and buying water at Disney for a week. I'll be hitting up the QS more than ever this trip. Oh well, Disney can do whatever it wants and I have to decide if it's worth the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter