News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seeing it .. When I do that .. All I see are my plans .. (this upcoming Nov trip and a 2019 trip), but I see none of my friends/family plans such as my cousin's family for November and my sister's family for March 2019.

I see my family, but they don't have their own accounts. That's probably the difference. I wonder if the viewing/security options got reset. When you first became friends with someone, each person needs to select the settings. Maybe see if your cousin can change her settings, so that you can view her plans. I have no idea where to control these settings anymore though.

@tlmadden73 Go to "Friends & Family" from the MDE tab. You can control what your friends can see of you from there. Maybe your cousin needs to change that. My only friends plan was set to shared plans only, but that may have been what it was always set to.

News

The Voices of Liberty, a singing group that perform inside the American Adventure at EPCOT, have just debuted a new song! That song is "This Is Me" from the Greatest Showman! Check out one of their performances daily, and you might have the opportunity to hear this awesome arrangement.

Video was recorded by a friend of mine.

Not seeing it .. When I do that .. All I see are my plans .. (this upcoming Nov trip and a 2019 trip), but I see none of my friends/family plans such as my cousin's family for November and my sister's family for March 2019.

I can see my parents' reservations for their trip at the same time as mine (they're in the My Planning Party at the top of the page). I also can't even go to the My Family & Friends page, I just get "This page isn’t working disneyworld.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request".

Are you going on these trips with them? Possibly they've tightened up security so that if you're not listed as a guest on a trip that you can no longer see the details of their trips?

I will say I used to link up many people I helped book trips for as friends on MDE until I started see details of friend's trips that they were booking on their own. Felt uncomfortable seeing that information as they were booking it completely one their own and probably had no idea their information was showing up on my account.

Just a thought....
Sorta, We are going to WDW at the same time and crossing over a few days (they are arriving days before us), but have separate MDE accounts, separate plans (except one combined dinner reservation at Ohana - which I can no longer even see on my plans - because they made the reservation).

I am sure this isn't a unique situation, but seems awful now for planning together.

Even though I am technically on a dinner reservation at Ohana with them, MDE doesn't show any indication that I will be doing that -- because my MDE account did not make that reservation. That seems flawed.

I can see my parents' reservations for their trip at the same time as mine (they're in the My Planning Party at the top of the page). I also can't even go to the My Family & Friends page, I just get "This page isn’t working disneyworld.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request".
I see my parents reservation for this upcoming trip as well ..but they are under my MDE account, they don't have their own account.

I simply now cannot see my cousin's plans.. anywhere ... including the dinner reservation at Ohana that my family is on. They made the reservation, but now my MDE account shows no indication that I am part of a dinner reservation there.

I agree. If you are linked to the dining reservation, it's a shame that it no longer shows up on your MDE account too. If you're on the DDP it helps you see at a glance how many dining reservations you have. You can add it as a note on your account but I agree, it's not the same as having it display as an actual reservation, even if you have no control over the reservation.

I agree. If you are linked to the dining reservation, it's a shame that it no longer shows up on your MDE account too. If you're on the DDP it helps you see at a glance how many dining reservations you have. You can add it as a note on your account but I agree, it's not the same as having it display as an actual reservation, even if you have no control over the reservation.
I figured it out.

I guess this "cleaned" things up -- and you can ONLY see Friends/family plans if you SHARE at least one reservation (ADR or FP) with them. My cousin didn't officially add my family to the combined Ohana reservation. It was just her and 15 "guests".

Once she linked my family to that reservation the system knows we are planning together and NOW I see ALL their plans (even ones we aren't sharing) and all MY plans. (Which makes that massive "MY plans" page even longer .. heh).

Previously I could see their plans, even if we don't have a combined reservation.

Still .. makes it challenging, because on all my other multi-family trips we each had our own plans in MDE, but would just plan things around the same time (because you could see the other person's plans!)

News

The Voices of Liberty, a singing group that perform inside the American Adventure at EPCOT, have just debuted a new song! That song is "This Is Me" from the Greatest Showman! Check out one of their performances daily, and you might have the opportunity to hear this awesome arrangement.

So that is definitely not my favorite song form that soundtrack (not that I don't like it - just like others more) ... but that is a *great* arrangement of it

News

Initially I found it odd that they would be singing a song from a non-Disney movie, but I've just realised it's a 20th Century Fox movie, so I'm wondering if this is why, is this one of the first instances of Disney using something from 20th Century Fox? Or do Voices of Liberty often sing non- Disney songs? I don't know much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter