News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

News

Reminder that the current bus loop closes after today and the new loop will be the only one in use after today

https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/current-bus-loop-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-will-close-forever-today/
I wish they would show a bigger graphic with bus loading areas... I have a hard time understanding where exactly these places are in relation to the park entrance.... it doesn't help be to see that they are surrounded by parking or closed off areas... how about the walkway to the resorts, and boat docks, and entrance....?

I wish they would show a bigger graphic with bus loading areas... I have a hard time understanding where exactly these places are in relation to the park entrance.... it doesn't help be to see that they are surrounded by parking or closed off areas... how about the walkway to the resorts, and boat docks, and entrance....?

This is from the Aerials thread and might help:

1eaa9aa3-60ff-4452-bc78-a2d718d2db2d-jpeg.339774

from @rteetz: "Just to help clarify for everyone. The blue loop is what is opening soon. The red loop isn’t done yet. Also soon the walkway from Epcot to DHS will go through the bus loop (the yellow line). The green is the current charter bus area which will close."

and in the upper right you can see the canopy for the Gondola station

1eaa9aa3-60ff-4452-bc78-a2d718d2db2d-jpeg.339774

from @rteetz: "Just to help clarify for everyone. The blue loop is what is opening soon. The red loop isn’t done yet. Also soon the walkway from Epcot to DHS will go through the bus loop (the yellow line). The green is the current charter bus area which will close."

And the park entrance is in the upper right.

That is true. I contemplated waiting and trying to do this but I booked the dining package instead. I still might cancel and just eat around the booths instead. My November trip will be very Epcot and DHS based.
My wife and I love food and wine. Gives us a chance to try lots of new things. Enjoy. we are going to be there 11/3 to 11/12.

...removed pic...

I really hope they plant some trees or some other shade on the walk TO the new bus loop. We stopped briefly at HS last week during our trip to check out TSL and had to walk to the temp bus stops to catch the AK bus (which was near the bottom left of the blue loop in that pic.) We are Floridians and used to the sun and heat but that walk was torturous; of course they will have shelters for the stops themselves but I'm specifically talking about the walk over - it doesn't help that it seems like they've made the new stops so much further away.

And the park entrance is in the upper right.
I am having trouble picturing where this was in relation to the old bus loop or the old parking lots I guess.

This bus loops just seems so far away from the main entrance. DHS has always seemed like an "awkward" park for parking since it's front entrance really runs straight out to the lake .. and not the parking lot. So you always approached DHS from an "angle" when coming from the buses or parking lot and had to cross traffic.

I hope a lot of that is better now.

I guess this was to make way for the Gondola station and make that flow better too?

I am having trouble picturing where this was in relation to the old bus loop or the old parking lots I guess.

This bus loops just seems so far away from the main entrance. DHS has always seemed like an "awkward" park for parking since it's front entrance really runs straight out to the lake .. and not the parking lot. So you always approached DHS from an "angle" when coming from the buses or parking lot and had to cross traffic.

I hope a lot of that is better now.

I guess this was to make way for the Gondola station and make that flow better too?
Not any farther really than Epcot’s bus loop. This loop was built in the old/current parking lot. The old bus loop is at the upper right as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter