• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want good quality. I know people have opinions on TLJ and I’m skeptical of Solo, but you can make as many films as you want as long as they aren’t crap

You can make as many films as you want, even if they are crap, so long as people keep buying tickets.

Did we need a "Taken 2" (I really wish they just named the film "Taken, Again"). Of course not, but when a film makes $226M on a $25M budget it's gonna happen.

News

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

so, um, more Star Wars
Maybe it's more George R. R. Martin than these guys--I've read the books but not seen all the television seasons--but I like the way the Game of Thrones storyline does not shy away from killing off favorite characters now and again. Too many movies and TV shows tend to follow what I call The Love Boat theme of having everything just work out nicely at the end.

So then let’s have Iron Man put on a show in Japan.
Last time I checked, both Tony Stark and Peter Quill are Americans. Neither of them are, or ever were, Japanese. I personally would save such concerns for if they ever put unequivocally American characters in foreign pavilions.

But if you own two dozen bands - how often are you really "using" them.

I suppose it's no different than owning dozens of bracelets, except these can only be worn at one location. (Can't say I've seen anyone walking around Buffalo wearing a Magic Band.)

I use a band about 10 to 20 times a day here. About 75 to 100 days each year.

I guess over 1,000 times a year give or take. Since your asking.

You use a magic band 10 to 20 times a day outside of WDW property? Just out of curiosity, what do you use them for? We've used old magic bands as Christmas tree decorations, and to bind computer cords.

You use a magic band 10 to 20 times a day outside of WDW property? Just out of curiosity, what do you use them for? We've used old magic bands as Christmas tree decorations, and to bind computer cords.

Many onsite stays, but even off property, parking, gate entry (often hopping), 3 to 6 fp and ride photos.

And that's just actual "use", nothing about wearing something different on occasion for the day. Like mentioned bracelets that do absolutely nothing.

Heck even my fitbit has different bands.

Last edited:
OK - so I just want to say this about the whole Gaurdians of the Galaxy dance party - things like this tend to not bother me at all because they are temporary. They want some extra entertainment in Epcot during the summer, they decided not to go with moldy oldie's "Sounds of the Summer" concerts, and instead tie into their future GotG ride in Future World. However, the choice is to put it in the covered area in World Showcase or out in the hot sun in Future World plaza, it makes way more sense to put it in World Showcase. It's going to be there for 2.5 months and then it's gone. It's not even worth the argument. (Which is why I stayed out of it until now, but it keeps dragging on...)

So are you saying your a local that goes to the parks all the time? OK - there's a little more argument there for mulitple bands. Myself - most years I get 9 park days. This "year" (Nov 2017-Oct 2018) we'll actually be getting close to 25. I did order a 2nd "free' MB, but my wife said "Why do I need two?" I guess we just don't think of them as fashion accessories. More as tools to accomplish a goal.

So are you saying your a local that goes to the parks all the time? OK - there's a little more argument there for mulitple bands. Myself - most years I get 9 park days. This "year" (Nov 2017-Oct 2018) we'll actually be getting close to 25. I did order a 2nd "free' MB, but my wife said "Why do I need two?" I guess we just don't think of them as fashion accessories. More as tools to accomplish a goal.

Nope, live and work in MPLS. Just come down a lot.

Simply answering how often we use the bands as asked.

If it's minimum 500, or 1,000 or 1,500 hits over 75 to 100 park days per year-I suppose it's up to the individual if they want one gray band the whole time, or a change of "Disney" pace or not.

I'm in no position to judge. Then again I'm always for more choices.

Not Japan.

Rteetz was saying if we don't care about characters having a semblance of the country they are in then you might as well do put Iron Man in Japan. Gamora is going to be a part of a dance party in the American Pavilion. Why would that not hurt theming but Iron Man in Japan would?

Many onsite stays, but even off property, parking, gate entry (often hopping), 3 to 6 fp and ride photos.

And that's just actual "use", nothing about wearing something different on occasion for the day. Like mentioned bracelets that do absolutely nothing.

Heck even my fitbit has different bands.

Ah, my mistake. Besides wearing them an an accessory and using them for what they are intended, I thought you had another use for them.

Ah, my mistake. Besides wearing them an an accessory and using them for what they are intended, I thought you had another use for them.

No problem at all. No other use whatsoever, and I don't have a couple dozen of the "cool" ones, but some along with way to many "check in" colored ones.

However I can totally see why guests buy the cool ones, just looking around at the phone covers people have here, and the shirts, jackets, shorts, shoes, sandals, hats etc, how could this be surprising to anyone I have no idea.

When people have a lot of them they’ll use them as garland for their Christmas tree....
Haha I'm using that logic tonight with my husband. We will see how that plays out...i really want that new dooney mb. Hopefully it hits the app soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter