News Round Up 2017

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The Disneyland Hotel is my most favorite Disney hotel ever! I loved every part of it when we stayed there. And relative to the cost of the WDW Deluxe hotels, it's a good deal IMO.

It's also prime real estate - it's easy to be in the bubble in FL no matter where you stay. In CA not so much. I think it makes it more special.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The Disneyland Hotel is my most favorite Disney hotel ever! I loved every part of it when we stayed there. And relative to the cost of the WDW Deluxe hotels, it's a good deal IMO.

The big difference is location. WDW Deluxe's have benefits such as location in the bubble, themed better than DL (imo), Magical Express, etc.

DL hotels have so much competition across the street, some of which are really nice properties for a fraction of the price. I really want to stay at a DL hotel, but even with this 25% discount, I can't justify the price.

Like you said, it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm cautiously optimistic that there may finally be a Marvel game on the same level as DC's Arkham games. The Tomb Raider reboot titles and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided were excellent and that was Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal ... so the talent is there!
Hoping it's closer to Deus Ex, even though it was ridden with bugs. Tomb Raider was like one big quick-time event with intermissions in between the cutscenes.

The big difference is location. WDW Deluxe's have benefits such as location in the bubble, themed better than DL (imo), Magical Express, etc.

DL hotels have so much competition across the street, some of which are really nice properties for a fraction of the price. I really want to stay at a DL hotel, but even with this 25% discount, I can't justify the price.

Like you said, it's all a matter of perspective.

That was my feeling, as well. When we started planning I fully intended to stay at a Disney hotel, but the prices were just too much higher than the hotels across the street. Then my aunt offered to let us use her timeshare at one of the nearby hotels for free, so that really made the decision for us.

I've been told it will be slotted out for opportunities for media, corporate sponsors and invited guests over the course of the "preview", with AP/DVC filling in any available spots and then surprise opportunities for day visitors to AK ahead of the official opening. Media are invited beginning the 21st, but invited guests and corporate sponsors may receive preview invites to attend as early as the 14-17th.
the view will be there sometime in march btw and sure they will be doing some sort of preview but doubt it will be ready that soon

the view will be there sometime in march btw and sure they will be doing some sort of preview but doubt it will be ready that soon
We might see a sneak peak at the land much like the Christmas Special but I don't know how much more we get. The only other thing I could see them doing is having a confirmed opening date.

I really think DL is pushing construction to go a lot faster than WDW does. It's looking like the guardians takeover of the tot will be done in about 6 months, since it shut down in January and will most likely reopen in June or July. How long did it take WDW to make a new soarin theater or tsmm track?

I'm sure it comes down to management or whoever is willing to fight for a bigger construction budget.

I also wonder if DL feels like they'd get more pushback from locals if they take 5 years to make a new land. And WDW simply doesn't seem to care about that.
building codes are different as well as inspections and contractors available. there is alot of construction going on in orlando area and disney has to share contractors and safety inspectors with the rest of them. part of the reason that restaurants are taking so long to open is that they have to pass inspection on every aspect before they can move on and when you have so many permits filed you have to wait.

btw star wars land has been pushed back in DL. it was supposed to open december 2018 and now the scuttlebutt is spring 2019. and i think our aim is still summer2019 . part of the reason Dl is pushing things is that Bob Chapek was brought in to keep these projects on time and on or under budget. He is a big bean counter and also the reason for the crazy cuts at WDW. He wants to keep operating costs as low as possible while bringing in as much revenue.

btw star wars land has been pushed back in DL. it was supposed to open december 2018 and now the scuttlebutt is spring 2019. and i think our aim is still summer2019 . part of the reason Dl is pushing things is that Bob Chapek was brought in to keep these projects on time and on or under budget. He is a big bean counter and also the reason for the crazy cuts at WDW. He wants to keep operating costs as low as possible while bringing in as much revenue.
I mentioned that earlier. Early to mid 2019 for DL. Summer to late 2019 for DHS.

building codes are different as well as inspections and contractors available. there is alot of construction going on in orlando area and disney has to share contractors and safety inspectors with the rest of them. part of the reason that restaurants are taking so long to open is that they have to pass inspection on every aspect before they can move on and when you have so many permits filed you have to wait.

Complete speculation, but I'd guess that there are many more construction companies and people qualified to do this type of work in Southern California (population 22 million) compared to Central Florida (population 8 million).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter