News Round Up 2017

Yeah I haven't really looked into them yet. We have a 3D blu-ray player. I also don't have Roku I have the newer Apple TV.

Right now the Xbox One S is your best all around deal for a 4KBD player, particularly if you also game. Disney hasn't announced a 4K strategy though - there is speculation that Rogue One may be their first 4K release, but in a double dip around holiday 17. Streaming 4K is good, but will never be as good as disc.

I don't see 8K happening in the home soon, and if it does, much of the content will be upconverted rather than native. There comes a point where the human eye won't necessarily discern the difference between one resolution and another.

Right now the Xbox One S is your best all around deal for a 4KBD player, particularly if you also game. Disney hasn't announced a 4K strategy though - there is speculation that Rogue One may be their first 4K release, but in a double dip around holiday 17. Streaming 4K is good, but will never be as good as disc.

I don't see 8K happening in the home soon, and if it does, much of the content will be upconverted rather than native. There comes a point where the human eye won't necessarily discern the difference between one resolution and another.
Yeah I have a feeling many won't be able to tell the difference between 4K and 8K. TV companies will then have to start looking at other features.

Yeah I have a feeling many won't be able to tell the difference between 4K and 8K. TV companies will then have to start looking at other features.

Can the naked eye even see the difference between 1080p and 4K?

Maybe it's just me.

Then again, for my digital library I would rather have more space for more stuff. 576p files are much less than 1080p files, so I'm probably just so used to watching 576p that my brain can't tell the difference.

Can the naked eye even see the difference between 1080p and 4K?

Maybe it's just me.

Then again, for my digital library I would rather have more space for more stuff. 576p files are much less than 1080p files, so I'm probably just so used to watching 576p that my brain can't tell the difference.
It's definitely a clearer picture. Now it's not a huge difference but most can tell the difference.

I can readily tell the difference between 1080P and 4K. How much of a difference can depend on the TV and the source material.
HDR is an area where 4K will really shine, and plenty of 4K sets don't have it. That said - even in 4K some of the discs are upconverted from 2K because special effects were composited at 2K. Of course native 4K or film will look better.

Been really busy. Was there opinions on "Belle's" singing voice? Sounds pretty good to me, probably have ways to make singing better but who knows.

I like the service animal discussion but I think it's time we either end it or move it to another thread. If we'd like to continue the discussion I'd be happy to start a thread and move the posts.

It's just different. She's not bad but it's hard to live up to the original which was just so good.

Good point. But was kinda worried.

FYI the new Belle at DHS was amazing, although I'm sure they rotate-they are all great.

It's just different. She's not bad but it's hard to live up to the original which was just so good.

I am glad it is different and not trying to be the original (which, like you said, would be hard to live up to). her voice seems a bit softer and more intimate which I think can work in a movie - especially if they aren't trying to do a Broadway Show as a Movie (like was the case with Les Mis)

I am glad it is different and not trying to be the original (which, like you said, would be hard to live up to). her voice seems a bit softer and more intimate which I think can work in a movie - especially if they aren't trying to do a Broadway Show as a Movie (like was the case with Les Mis)
Yep. I am still excited to see the movie but nervous that my expectations might be too high because of the original.

Been really busy. Was there opinions on "Belle's" singing voice? Sounds pretty good to me, probably have ways to make singing better but who knows.

You can hear a bit of autotune in there to smooth out her voice and correct some pitches. I hope they ease up on that in the final product and show off her naturally good voice. Visually it looks to be beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter