• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

This is the only add on I'd pay for again. It's been awesome skipped lines and security. $24 for 7 days is a great price too. Now if it goes up now I'd start to question it and I think we both know it likely will go up.

It's not the price...it's the principle. They're schlepping off more operational costs with fees and as far as security goes...well...nothing good can come of discussing it.

Personally after using it now I don't see anything wrong with this. It works well.

You missed the "principle" part, huh?

I didn't say it's a bad product...it 100% sends a bad message to the overlords though...pay for buses in their massively high priced, 100% owned and operated compound is just a bridge too far.

Did your wallet like it?

And as you pointed out...they'll choke it off soon enough. Like the dining plan and "flexibility" on vacation.

Who needs "fun" on vacation? :)

This is the only add on I'd pay for again. It's been awesome skipped lines and security. $24 for 7 days is a great price too. Now if it goes up now I'd start to question it and I think we both know it likely will go up.

But if security and lines were better run and managed, you wouldn't need it...

You missed the "principle" part, huh?

I didn't say it's a bad product...it 100% sends a bad message to the overlords though...pay for buses in their massively high priced, 100% owned and operated compound is just a bridge too far.

Did your wallet like it?

And as you pointed out...they'll choke it off soon enough. Like the dining plan and "flexibility" on vacation.

Who needs "fun" on vacation? :)
Well I could've certainly afforded $24 and would've bought it myself if I had to but my mother bought it for me.

Well I could've certainly afforded $24 and would've bought it myself if I had to but my mother bought it for me.

I knew that...
...but that's not the point. It's that these types of things always tend to go downhill when people start voluntarily yielding their credit card numbers?

You want to go halfsies on a cabana, wishes viewing party and a ticket to after hours magic?

That will only run us about $1000 or so by my quick math...

It makes perfect sense for you given your travel plan...and it's cheap...I'm not busting you for that.

But what if it's $45 next year?
What if a $25 per day (tip not included) car service is rolled out...stick a mickey magnet on a town car?

Where we heading?

You know what's really annoying about me? (Get in line and I'll
Address your concerns in the order they are received)
I know angles/holes in the ground they will dive into. And a strong; intelligent consumer has to be the balance.

I knew that...
...but that's not the point. It's that these types of things always tend to go downhill when people start voluntarily yielding their credit card numbers?

You want to go halfsies on a cabana, wishes viewing party and a ticket to after hours magic?

That will only run us about $1000 or so by my quick math...

It makes perfect sense for you given your travel plan...and it's cheap...I'm not busting you for that.

But what if it's $45 next year?
What if a $25 per day (tip not included) car service is rolled out...stick a mickey magnet on a town car?

Where we heading?

You know what's really annoying about me? (Get in line and I'll
Address your concerns in the order they are received)
I know angles/holes in the ground they will dive into. And a strong; intelligent consumer has to be the balance.
I really feel like it should be up to the consumer what they want. Some people will absolutely be willing to throw money into a fire just to be in a raffle to hear Mickey sneeze once through a walkey-talkey. Some people won't. If it doesn't impede on your experience (which it doesn't....yet....) then why worry about it? Yeah it "could"......."eventually" but as of this moment it doesn't change the normal guest experience. There is no use worrying about something that hasn't even happened yet.

I really feel like it should be up to the consumer what they want. Some people will absolutely be willing to throw money into a fire just to be in a raffle to hear Mickey sneeze once through a walkey-talkey. Some people won't. If it doesn't impede on your experience (which it doesn't....yet....) then why worry about it? Yeah it "could"......."eventually" but as of this moment it doesn't change the normal guest experience. There is no use worrying about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Basic economics, ability and willingness to pay. A lot of people are not willing to break down the cost per person per ride or think about time vs money, both good and bad. Some people turn their nose up at anything that costs extra. Others pay for it and never use it or misunderstand it, e.g. park hoppers. Many companies operate on people not understanding or utilizing a service to the fullest. The easiest way to arm yourself against that is basic napkin math.

The more "capitalism defeated the commies" we have...the more "options" we get.

And that I can leave alone...EXCEPT...when they attempt to switch included services for pay services.

It's all theoretical...it's not like they charge for buses.

What a slippery slope, eh?
I assume you believe in the quaint principle of "corporate restraint"? And also probably think that disney has it based on reputation?

Disney is a completely different company than they were 10 years ago...that's what I'm saying...to what degree I'm not sure...best watch your back though.

Basic economics, ability and willingness to pay. A lot of people are not willing to break down the cost per person per ride or think about time vs money, both good and bad. Some people turn their nose up at anything that costs extra. Others pay for it and never use it or misunderstand it, e.g. park hoppers. Many companies operate on people not understanding or utilizing a service to the fullest. The easiest way to arm yourself against that is basic napkin math.

Do you think the parks consumer is looking at the numbers closely enough?

Our boy rteetz puts up announcements 10 seconds after they are made for upsells and within 5 minutes on the disboards people named "MinniePrincessSparkles4EVERMommy4261" post "I need this!!! Will it be available in 36 days when we arrive?!!!!" With heart emojis...

I'm a skeptic...but even if you shave off 90% of my skepticism most people should still be in my ballpark here.

"Free market" is far more effective as a weapon now than a "valid excuse"

Do you think the parks consumer is looking at the numbers closely enough?

You ignored 90% of my comment so you could strawman a bit. People DON'T check the numbers, that's the point. There's just as many people who will throw money at a problem as they will to go out of their way to save 50 cents. That's why napkin math will CYA 90% of the time. What's the song say, know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, and so on.

You ignored 90% of my comment so you could strawman a bit. People DON'T check the numbers, that's the point. There's just as many people who will throw money at a problem as they will to go out of their way to save 50 cents. That's why napkin math will CYA 90% of the time. What's the song say, know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, and so on.

I didn't ignore any of it...I asked you to reconfirm it.

And ask: are the consumers the real problem?

Disney gonna Dis...if you let them

And ask: are the consumers the real problem?

Consumers as a whole are their own worst enemy. Individual consumers, people who look at the details and learn from their mistakes, those are the ones who can pivot. But we're veering OT. I'd personally love a economics breakdown of lots of these topics. I'm sure someone will inadvertently start it somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter