• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

I don't personally like the literal, on-the-ground separation of guests based on income level. I'm not a fool - I realize that it happens on every level at Disney, from resorts to restaurants to special parties and experiences, BBB, whatever. The cabanas are just such a literal separation, in the most iconic of the parks. I just find it distasteful. It's the Magic Kingdom, not some beach in Cancun or something.

IMO part of Disney magic is a bunch of different guests having shared experiences, not only within families or groups but within the entire guest population. It's a romantic idea idea, probably kind of naive, and admittedly not always or even often the case. BUT, as it's best, that's what Disney is to me.
choices are not a bad thing. I could afford one of those for my MK day, but never would unless necessary. If it helped my parents spend a day with their great grand daughter at the greatest place on earth then I might make it happen. Don't have anything against those that do use it for other reasons either.

I want to get mad about the cabana thing for being such an obsurd money grab, but i cant find a way it will make an ounce of difference to me, so i really could care less. As long as they dont take up spaces where they impact views, what does it matter?

I want to get mad about the cabana thing for being such an obsurd money grab, but i cant find a way it will make an ounce of difference to me, so i really could care less. As long as they dont take up spaces where they impact views, what does it matter?

For me, I just feel like it cheapens the spirit of the parks and Walt's legacy. I'm not mad about it per se. I'm starting to regret I even brought it up.

For me, I just feel like it cheapens the spirit of the parks and Walt's legacy. I'm not mad about it per se. I'm starting to regret I even brought it up.

Hey, everybody has an opinion. No regrets. Keep in mind though, that Walt himself put a club in Disneyland that was basically an even higher class get together space for higher rollers to escape the madness for a period of time. :thumbsup2

Hey, everybody has an opinion. No regrets. Keep in mind though, that Walt himself put a club in Disneyland that was basically an even higher class get together space for higher rollers to escape the madness for a period of time. :thumbsup2
Well Walt needed to entertain corporate CEO type guests somehow. They weren't just going to eat at the tomorrowland terrace with everyone else. The club is also hidden, this it out of the way but still seen. I can see both sides to this though.

I don't like the idea of the cabanas, but I don't really have an argument against it. If you want to pay for it and you find a value in the idea, then go ahead. For me real problem is that when people pay for this kind of stuff, Disney feels encouraged to make more and more of these decisions, and I fear the day they'll be charging a premium for using the FP system or even for using the toilets. No, perhaps that will never happen, but there's evidence of some questionable recent decisions.

The Disney Parks Thanksgiving Celebration is on now. Not as much of a Disney commercial as I would have expected. Lots of singing. I don't understand having a stage in front of mission space though. Of all the places in Epcot, mission space?

Keep in mind though, that Walt himself put a club in Disneyland that was basically an even higher class get together space for higher rollers to escape the madness for a period of time.
The club is also hidden, this it out of the way but still seen. I can see both sides to this though.
In regard to Club 33, if you listened to the DIS Unplugged podcast this week, they mentioned a strong rumor that a Club 33 will be built in Magic Kingdom.

Like Ryan, I can see both sides to this argument. I am kind of neutral on the whole idea. Neither a cabana nor Club 33 in MK is something I will ever afford, so I'll just be moving along anyway.

The Disney Parks Thanksgiving Celebration is on now. Not as much of a Disney commercial as I would have expected. Lots of singing. I don't understand having a stage in front of mission space though. Of all the places in Epcot, mission space?

Maybe it's because some people were really harsh on them for the Disneyland 60th special. We'll see how it goes with the Christmas special.

Have you never heard of Club 33 at Disneyland? Membership costs more than the purchase price of my car. This is nothing new. Just... tackier.

Just in case anyone's interested, tickets for Rouge One go on sale Monday.

Also, Regal Cinemas will be offering an ultimate ticket for $100 which provides one admission to Rogue One each day for the entire run of the movie in a Regal Theater. Plus you're awared 10,000 bonus credits to your crown club card.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the cabanas - if they are in a place where they don't interfere with photos of the castle or other icons, and people want to rent them, go for it....I don't think that having them there and used will impact my day at MK at all.

ETA: I really don't see much difference between this and the Deluxe resorts over the Value, or the fireworks boat cruises and the other upcharge events - if I had the want/need and the money, I'd probably do them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter