• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

Movie News:

Finding Dory has finally stumbled into its last big openings... with $10M opening in UK ($2M short of Finding Nemo). With US sales waning and International sales falling short of Finding Nemo, it appears certain that Finding Dory will NOT make $1B. $925 seems safest bet, +/- $25M off of that is nearly guaranteed.

Movie News:

Finding Dory has finally stumbled into its last big openings... with $10M opening in UK ($2M short of Finding Nemo). With US sales waning and International sales falling short of Finding Nemo, it appears certain that Finding Dory will NOT make $1B. $925 seems safest bet, +/- $25M off of that is nearly guaranteed.

Has it been released in Japan yet because Japan is supposed to be pretty big for Disney/Pixar stuff. If so how much has it made?

most of the imagineers let go were ones that worked solely on shanghai and don't have any other projects. imagineering numbers go up and down depending on what is needed for the number of projects also imagineerring is greying and several are taking retirement packages

most of the imagineers let go were ones that worked solely on shanghai and don't have any other projects. imagineering numbers go up and down depending on what is needed for the number of projects also imagineerring is greying and several are taking retirement packages
While true practically every imagineer worked on something with Shanghai because it was so behind schedule.

Has it been released in Japan yet because Japan is supposed to be pretty big for Disney/Pixar stuff. If so how much has it made?

Yes. $30M after 2 weeks. Finding Nemo made over $100M.

Dory $7M opening. Nemo $10M opening.

For some reason unexplained it over indexed in the US and under indexed overseas.

Blaze Pizza is now open at Disney Springs

I have been trying to find out the answer to this question and have had no luck, so I will turn to the source.

Is this restaurant started by Richard Blaze of Top Chef. or is it just Blaze because it is wood fired pizza ovens?

I have been trying to find out the answer to this question and have had no luck, so I will turn to the source.

Is this restaurant started by Richard Blaze of Top Chef. or is it just Blaze because it is wood fired pizza ovens?
It's a chain restaurant I'm pretty sure it's blaze because of the wood fired pizza.

His last name is Blais. :)

The founders of Wetzels Pretzels started Blaze Pizza chain

Yes. $30M after 2 weeks. Finding Nemo made over $100M.

Dory $7M opening. Nemo $10M opening.

For some reason unexplained it over indexed in the US and under indexed overseas.
It still to be released in a few countries in Europe. Still has a chance at $1B. I think it will as it is still projected to make about $14 million in us and will make a good bit in the countries it has not opened in yet. Japan and uk will make a good bit of money still and should stay in uk for a good run. Still has 9 countries to be released in including 2 big and others that will see some good numbers. After this weekend it will pass batman vs superman. $925 is a low ball number

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter