• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

Is there a refurb for OKW planned, I saw this on a DVC board

Disney's Old Key West Resort: Refurbishment from spring 2017 through 2019

Wondering if there is truth to this?

On the plane right now heading home after a stay there. The bedroom was fine and the space is great. We liked the styling of the place actually - my friends kept saying it was like living in the Golden Girls hah. 3 of our group were on the pull outs. Those were SO damn uncomfortable. The cast members weren't surprised at all when we requested more and more of those egg crate pads. The bathroom could use some work too. I think I read the last refurb was generally minor things like the kitchen counters, appliances and things like that. Would also love to see the TVs better integrated into the floor plan.

and also... where is the DVC wing. Disney needs a huge DVC resort in California... That has got to be in the plans somewhere, right?

and also... where is the DVC wing. Disney needs a huge DVC resort in California... That has got to be in the plans somewhere, right?
There might be DVC rooms but DVC isn't the seller out there like it is in WDW.

Is that considered a value resort? Wow sometimes I forget how poor I am since that would easily look like a 5 stars in my book.

Disney has always done a nice job of making their Value resort guests think they are being treated well IMO. I think the common areas, the theming and the cleanliness at their value resorts are actually great. While we have stayed at all three levels and DVC, I have no problems whatsoever staying in a value. Decided a little while ago to make a quick trip for early F&W time and Mrs. Ally and I picked Pop because it has been quite a while since we had been there. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Of course it would be welcome however I don't think Disney feels it's as big of a seller out in California with so many locals visiting the parks.

well, with the recent trend they could also offer up trading WDW DVC points for DL DVC stays BUT only to people who buy directly from Disney, not via resale

Of course it would be welcome however I don't think Disney feels it's as big of a seller out in California with so many locals visiting the parks.

Agreed. Many current DVC owners would love to have more availability in Cali, but how many would be willing to buy points there?

There might be DVC rooms but DVC isn't the seller out there like it is in WDW.

Where are you getting that? I own DVC at boardwalk and grand Californian and I can tell you its near impossible to get a room in California and this is true of almost everyone else trying to go there. The reality is DVC hasn't even tapped the surface of its potential in California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter