New Year's Week Advice

We weren't very far away from you then. :-) We watched the fireworks from near Toy Story and then went and rode Toy Story several times since we had already seen World of Color a few times during the season. We spent New Year's Eve last year in DCA after about 10:30 AM, and we had a great time. Only the second time ever in the parks for NYE for us, and the first time we did it was an incredibly foggy night, the kids were really little, and I had caught some sort of cold. I think we were back in our room by 9 or 9:30 PM that night. 8 AM the next day though was fantastic in DL as far as crowds went, walked onto everything. Still, I enjoyed last year more since we actually experienced the New Year's Eve festivities a lot more. DCA is the way to go.

Haha, so funny! Pretty soon the Pier area will be all the Dis folk hanging out. :cool1: I am expecting more crowds this year due to the 60th, but hopefully it will still be tolerable in DCA.

Yeah, Jan 1 rope drop is excellent! I just don't seem to be able to make it like I once did. Too old now. :laughing:

I think it was two years ago or maybe three when it was super foggy for NYE. I felt so bad for the people who had staked out spots for the fireworks at 9am. You could barely see anything!

I think it was two years ago or maybe three when it was super foggy for NYE.

The foggy NYE I was remembering was 8 years ago. Last year was the first time back for NYE for us since then. Much easier now with teenagers. I'm playing with the idea of doing it again this year. We might be about to start our final AP year for a while so may as well get the most out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter