NEW * Updated Stroller Swap List w/ PICS!*

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
STROLLER SWAP ENDING AS OF APRIL 2004!!!!!
Please scroll all the way down to check dates available.
Just to let everyone know this is the new home of the SS List. The original thread was getting to be too long and I was unable to edit it anymore.
Here's the scoop for all who are interested! Rileygirl kindly donated a brand new Eddie Bauer stroller when she was in WDW in March, I (mom2of2) was the first "swappee" Since that time we thought it would be great to swap the stroller around to DISers.
The stroller is great for toddlers! it was bought for 5 yr olds. Has a top with "sun roof" and a big basket underneath. It folds up very easily and is a breeze on the busses. The stroller comes with a bag that has tons of scrapbooking supplies as well as other "goodies" for you and your family to enjoy. I have added a stroller rain cover.
The rules are simple: Check to see if your dates are available, PM mom2of2, KathleenFL or Rileygirl to be added to the list. Please contact the before and after person with your NAME,RESORT (ONSITE) and a CONTACT # , please PM me with the details as well. Please do not add food or drinks. Do your swap in a timely matter, and return it as you found it CLEAN!!!! If the cover needs to be washed and you have access to a washer please wash it!!!! USE and add to the "goodies" in the bag, do your scrapbook page and add a LIME GREEN RIBBON! . Take a pic of yourself with the stroller and ENJOY yourself!
I will post your name to the List as soon as possible, this could take up to 48 hours but check back to see if it is there. Please CHECK YOUR PM'S this is how we communicate!!!! And last but not least PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!!! just PM one of the people above and we will answer any and all questions that you may have. In the event that you are new to the DIS, PM's are personal messages, just click on PM on the bottom of the post to send the message. Sitter * dates are available dates to use...just let me and the sitter know and I will update the list.
Here's the current list!

Rileygirl=Stroller Swap originator
mom2of2
ohanaMAMA
DMRick=MVD Most Valuable DISer
Part Of Your World
tiggercrazy
dandelion
disneywith6kids
Ima Princess
Melissamomof2
shoveled
dcfromva
goofy4wdw59
dahess
epcotitis
scottygirl
teachingtrudy1
kmr
hayesmama
welovedis
justcruisin
iwannago!!
Ratpack
dsnylndmom
MandaMom
judirain
mom2of2
KathleenFL
graciepooh
DMRick
JuJuJasmine
RobinMarie
Nette
laurie31
tinaluis
kinlaw6450
RobinMarie
SeaWitch
noabeliv
Doodlebug939
KathleenFL
kazooryans
Mommy Poppins
Goingtodisneyworld
DVC California-WWTBAM GRAND PRIZE WINNER!!!
lat
Part Of Your World=MVD!!!
we love dis
Madi100
PaulaMurf
danicaw
kman1011
catherines_mama
TandyR
jwh39
gzbichorski
mikenzacksmom
sngmama
kwirtanen
goofy4wdw59
-----------------------------------------------
STROLLER SWAP ENDS~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NO SCRAPBOOK AS OF 11/30
My thanks to all who followed us, a helping hand or gave a thumbs up:D This couldn't have been possible without the swappers and the sitters. My thanks to KathleenFL for her moral support and picture thread and a HUGE thank you to Rileygil who's thoughtfullness for another DISer and some *pixie dust* made this all possible.
With *~*~pixie dust*~*~ and honey hugs xxoo
mom2of2

we will be there the morning of October 30th staying at the Boardwalk Inn until Nov 6th. The stroller swap is a great idea. I have a three year old that needs to be pushed and did not want to worry about bringing one. please e mail me debbienj@verizon.net THanks, Debbie

Debbie - be sure to PM mom2of2 to make arrangements to use the stroller. That is the way that she prefers to be in contact.

Thanks! :)

Our photo list is kind of short! I'm on there WAYYYYY too often with another 2 swaps upcoming. Lord knows we don't need a wad of pics of mom2of2!!! we need yours!!!
If you used the SS in the past please check though your pics and if you have one of you and the Stroller or just a really cute one of your family please let KathleenFL know. If it's digital then we can just download it, if it's not then Kathleen has a scanner. Don't worry, Kathleen allows you to yah or nah the pic PRIOR to it being posted!!

So come on! Develop that FILM!!!!!

If for some reason the stroller is booked for your stay, Wal-Mart had some half way decent ones for under 11.00. NO sun roof etc but better than paying 8.00 a day.

Just curious (nosey I guess would be more accurate)....I see that the stroller swap ended. Why? Was it not working well?

M

I can't believe you're from Hunterdon County. Me too! Raised here, moved away, back when I started my own family.

The SS is ending for a few reasons. The first being that although it is a good stroller (Eddie Bauer) after a year of going pretty much non stop it's showing some wear and tear. No stroller no matter how good is going to be in perfect condition after going for that long. Secondly....it's not as easy as it looks, with pples dates not always matching up sometimes it has to be left at a resort for pick up and although WDW does a great job of baggage handling there have been instances where it could not be located. That's when I spend a majority of my time calling WDW and swappers trying to locate it. As you know Hunterdon County NJ isn't excatly close to Orlando (lol) and it's hard trying to find something from 1000 miles away. Third....Well it will be a year in March, that's a long time to be running this and the list actually started in January I believe...can't remember excatly when but it seems like forever....it's a full time thing. Trying to fill dates, begging for sitters, making sure that swappers have their swaps worked out and that I have all the details as well. I do follow ups as well making sure that things went as planned.
It's been a great ride but it's time to end it.

Thanks for wondering lol

I can imagine that this was a true beast to organize. Kudos to you for keeping it going so long.

Sorry I missed out on it - we are getting ready to go again (in February) and I'm not sure how our 5 year old will manage in our umbrella stroller. Once this bad cold snap has passed, -35 with wind chill, ugghh! - I'll be going into our attic to get and see if she still fits in it.

M

I just used the stroller in January, and I was amazed at how good the condition was. The only thing that I noticed was a wheel was coming apart. What is the brand of the stroller? I wonder how interested they'd be to know that their stroller was pushed around Walt Disney World for almost a year straight, and it still holds up.

You did a great job with the stroller swap. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

It's an Eddie Bauer Stroller, and when we found out about the wheel condition we decided to retire the stroller.
Thanks for being part of the swap

Got this PM from Mom2of2:

Hi Beth!
Just wanted to let you know that the orginal stroller swap is over. The final swap has been made and a brand new stroller is currently crusin' around WDW. Please remove the "Important" from my thread so that it can just ~~~float~~~ way into DIS history. I don't want it deleted just in case someone might want to see what it looked like. Thanks again for being a friend to us and for continuing to help the SS2.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

And this was my response:

No need to thank me, Pat. The ENTIRE thanks goes out to you and the rest of the Stroller Swap Crew who kept this thing going week after week. I think that I told you that I really had my doubts about the Stroller Swap initially It sounded like one of those things that would be a good idea in theory, but not think necessarily in practice.

Well, I am so glad that you all were able to prove me wrong in a BIG way! You are all to be congratulated!!! This is such a GREAT example of the good that the DIS can do! ::yes::

Thank you again!

And so I will unstick this thead. But remember that if you are interested, there is a Stroller Swap II. See the "Important" threads at the top of this board.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter