New to Grand Floridian

Jennifer48

Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at
Hello Resort friends!

My DFi and I will be spending 3 nights in September at the Grand Floridian before our Disney Cruise. This will be our honeymoon. We have a Lodge Tower room and 1 day park passes (which I don't think we are going to use).

We are probably going to watch the EWP at least one night from the beach as well as Wishes.

My request to you GF vets, can you give me some ideas on fun things to do at the GF? We want to spend most of our time there since this will be the first time we are going to be staying there and most likely our last since we can't really afford it on our longer Disney trips.

I thought I saw a GF FAQ thread on here before but now I can't find it so I apologize if this is repetitive.

Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

Hello Resort friends!

My DFi and I will be spending 3 nights in September at the Grand Floridian before our Disney Cruise. This will be our honeymoon. We have a Lodge Tower room and 1 day park passes (which I don't think we are going to use).

We are probably going to watch the EWP at least one night from the beach as well as Wishes.

My request to you GF vets, can you give me some ideas on fun things to do at the GF? We want to spend most of our time there since this will be the first time we are going to be staying there and most likely our last since we can't really afford it on our longer Disney trips.

I thought I saw a GF FAQ thread on here before but now I can't find it so I apologize if this is repetitive.

Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

There was a post earlier that a new GF FAQ thread will be posted within the next 24 hours (the old one was shut down).

You can get your portrait done at Sandy Cove at certain times. It would make a nice honeymoon souvenir. Or you could pamper yourself with a Spa treatment.

We did part of our honeymoon at GF. It was fabulous. Have dinner at Narcosees. It is nice and relaxing and excellent food.
And don't forget to include on your reservation that it's your honeymoon. We got upgraded from GV to CL Main Buidling.

We did part of our honeymoon at GF. It was fabulous. Have dinner at Narcosees. It is nice and relaxing and excellent food.
And don't forget to include on your reservation that it's your honeymoon. We got upgraded from GV to CL Main Buidling.

Now that is one HECK OF AN UPGRADE :cheer2::cheer2:

how magical for you guys!!!!

Did they send anything up to the room for you as well? I have heard of them once in a while sending up something special for the honeymooners :goodvibes

Thanks everyone!

I'm thinking about dinner at Narcoossee's. That sounds nice around the time of the EWP/Wishes.

I do have it noted on our ressie that we are celebrating our honeymoon. What a great upgrade for you csarenz!!

Any idea on pricing for the portraits?

Oooh, to be newlyweds again!:love:

I'd definitely book a cabana and lounge around the pool. You could also rent one those sea raycer boats and putter around the lagoon. Definitely watch the Electrical Water Pageant! We loved doing that!:thumbsup2 Order up room service (chocolate covered strawberries or something yummy!) and enjoy your beautiful GF room too! Just sit in the main lobby and listen to the piano player and relax with a nice drink from the upstairs lounge! Man, this is sooooo making me want to go back to the GF now!! Have an awesome honeymoon!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oooh, to be newlyweds again!:love:

I'd definitely book a cabana and lounge around the pool. You could also rent one those sea raycer boats and putter around the lagoon. Definitely watch the Electrical Water Pageant! We loved doing that!:thumbsup2 Order up room service (chocolate covered strawberries or something yummy!) and enjoy your beautiful GF room too! Just sit in the main lobby and listen to the piano player and relax with a nice drink from the upstairs lounge! Man, this is sooooo making me want to go back to the GF now!! Have an awesome honeymoon!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Sea raycers! I forgot about those! I think our Magic Your Way package includes a coupon to rent one as well. Great idea!

Thank you very much! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone!

I'm thinking about dinner at Narcoossee's. That sounds nice around the time of the EWP/Wishes.

I do have it noted on our ressie that we are celebrating our honeymoon. What a great upgrade for you csarenz!!

Any idea on pricing for the portraits?

If I remember right it was in the $200 range. They are very nice and I cant remember the exact cost but $200 range sounds about right

I vote for a day at the pool (check out the private cabana's available to rent) and perhaps a GF Photopass session. It would be fun to have your honeymoon pics taken by a professional photographer at the many scenic spots all around the resort.

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon!!!

Just wanted to add a tip - the GF beach is not a good spot for viewing Wishes, since it faces away from MK, towards the Poly.

You want to be over by the resort marina, in front of Gasparilla Grill.

Jennifer48

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage :lovestruc GF is incredible - you will love it!

I would say, soak up the ambiance of the lobby in the late afternoon and evening (pianist and orchestra). Have a drink at Mizner's (the bar/lounge) in the lobby (2d floor). Here's a pic. Mizner's is directly behind the band.
DSC03690-1.jpg

and dinner at Citrico's one night would be delicious, if you don't go with Narcoossee's. I prefer the atmosphere at Citrico's...
Of course, you could just plan on doing both :teeth:
I definitely recommend the GF Spa - splurge on a couple's massage (if you're comfortable with that ;) ~ I have friends who aren't) or even a manicure. I would recommend walking over to the Polynesian too! It's a lovely walk and you can have a drink by the Poly Volcano pool if it's early enough, or inside the Grand Ceremonial House on the 2d floor at the Tambu Lounge later in the evening. The grounds of the Poly and the view of Wishes from there are both really wonderful.
I would recommend taking the monorail over to the CR one evening for drinks, or dinner at California Grill. One of the nicest things about the GF, in my opinion, is its proximity to so many different restaurants and resorts via the monorail.
Since it's your honeymoon, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries are a MUST (maybe enjoy them on your balcony). Room service too! ;)
Enjoy!

Jennifer Congratulations to you! What a wonderful place to honeymoon...:lovestruc There is another type of dining that is available at the GF thru private dining...dinner for two...served on one of the private balconies in the main building complete with butler service...you set the menu in advance...something different and very romantic...

I also agree that a cabana day is another wonderful and relaxing way to spend some time at the GF....and we enjoy Mizners too for a night cap...

Enjoy:flower3:

You might enjoy the afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge at the GF. http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

My DW and I have been there 3 times and we both enjoyed the experience.

<sigh> a man after my own heart :love:

Every time I suggest to my DH to go and have tea with me at the garden View he gives me a full body shutter and tells me not on his life :lmao:
Luckily he loves the GF but man what I wouldn't do to get him to go have tea with me at the Garden View :lmao:

Make sure to tell your Wife how lucky she is :cloud9:

<sigh> a man after my own heart :love:

Every time I suggest to my DH to go and have tea with me at the garden View he gives me a full body shutter and tells me not on his life :lmao:
Luckily he loves the GF but man what I wouldn't do to get him to go have tea with me at the Garden View :lmao:

Make sure to tell your Wife how lucky she is :cloud9:

Thank you. I think some guys think it makes them a sissy to go to the tea. I'm in a pretty tough profession, a professional boxing judge, but still enjoy the tea. I wish your husband would give the tea one chance.

I see where you guys live in our favorite city, New Orleans. We were there in early December, 2008 and will return early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter