New To DVC - Questions !!

rob191186

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Recently purchased my 1st DVC contract on the resale market for AKV. So chuffed as been visiting WDW since I can remember and this is my all time favourite resort.

I have ALWAYS booked my previous Disney trips on the DisneyWorld website, adding Hotel/Tickets/Dining Plan/memory maker/$200 gift card etc etc (you know the drill). Flights always separately.

Now that I will be booking with my DVC points, how do dining/fastpass reservations work? Are dining reservations still available at 180 days out and Fastpass 90 days? (under normal circumstances pre COVID of course) Do you book as you would with any DisneyWorld website booking on MDE?

From reading online the current booking window for Dining is 60 days and obviously Fastpasses are currently suspended. My trip using my DVC points isn’t until Oct/Nov 2021 so I’m hoping by mid next year booking dining reservations may be back to normal, if not over the current 60 day window (especially for us from the UK).

Anyway just thought I would ask fellow DVCer’s how booking Dining/Fastpasses works? How? When? Where? Etc

Another question is Park Tickets?! Previously I would get these as part of the package on WDW booking, however I will now need to get these separately as I don’t want to get an annual pass as won’t be visiting yearly. Can any tickets purchased be added to your DVC booking?

Any other DVC tips/hints will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance!

rob

There are no Fastpasses or dining plan. When there were, you just added it, like any on property stay. DVC was like any other on property stay for the 180 day deadline for dining booking.

You just add ticket confirmation numbers to MDE, it's very easy.

I would think about breaking your stay down, even doing a split stay if you don't want dining plan the whole time. You associate dining plan with a stay, so if you have 5 nights AKL/5 nights BLT, you could do dining plan just for half of it. But you can't do dining plan for for 3BLT nights, for example.

For this year for tickets we bought tickets via attractionstickets as you get money back through quidco/topcashback and also you can purchase flex insurance in case you have to cancel the trip.

We are also first time DVC'ers, we are going to do dining ourselves and I know fast passess suspended atm. For our April trip we are just going to take it easy and not do some many rides etc if the fast passes aren't reintroduced.

Welcome home.

My suggestion would to try some of the other cafes/restaurants you wouldn't normally use. The Contemporary Cafe IMO is the best quick service cafe on Disney property. If you fancy a sit down, try the Grand Floridian cafe.

Always try to remember to ask for DVC discount at all shops and restaurants.

Welcome home.

My suggestion would to try some of the other cafes/restaurants you wouldn't normally use. The Contemporary Cafe IMO is the best quick service cafe on Disney property. If you fancy a sit down, try the Grand Floridian cafe.

Always try to remember to ask for DVC discount at all shops and restaurants.
Thanks! I unfortunately do not qualify for the DVC discount as I bought resale :(

Hi All,

Recently purchased my 1st DVC contract on the resale market for AKV. So chuffed as been visiting WDW since I can remember and this is my all time favourite resort.

I have ALWAYS booked my previous Disney trips on the DisneyWorld website, adding Hotel/Tickets/Dining Plan/memory maker/$200 gift card etc etc (you know the drill). Flights always separately.

Now that I will be booking with my DVC points, how do dining/fastpass reservations work? Are dining reservations still available at 180 days out and Fastpass 90 days? (under normal circumstances pre COVID of course) Do you book as you would with any DisneyWorld website booking on MDE?

From reading online the current booking window for Dining is 60 days and obviously Fastpasses are currently suspended. My trip using my DVC points isn’t until Oct/Nov 2021 so I’m hoping by mid next year booking dining reservations may be back to normal, if not over the current 60 day window (especially for us from the UK).

Anyway just thought I would ask fellow DVCer’s how booking Dining/Fastpasses works? How? When? Where? Etc

Another question is Park Tickets?! Previously I would get these as part of the package on WDW booking, however I will now need to get these separately as I don’t want to get an annual pass as won’t be visiting yearly. Can any tickets purchased be added to your DVC booking?

Any other DVC tips/hints will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance!

rob

you make the dining reservations the same, regardless of how you're paying for your room (or not paying in the case of DVC).

buy the UK 14 day ultimate ticket and link it to your reservation in your MDE.

fastpasses (if they come back) are also booked inside the MDE just like they are for cash guests...

one of the fun things about a DVC stay? You don't pay any taxes on your resort stay. it's the coolest thing in the world.

Thanks! I unfortunately do not qualify for the DVC discount as I bought resale :(

oh, so i guess you also don't qualify for the DVC discounted AP....
i'm pretty sure that's only direct sale..
but you don't need it anyway....so it's all good..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter