• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to Annual Pass, have a few questions

misskitkat

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I will be moving to Florida in a little over a month and would like to surprise my dh with the Pixie Pass as an early Christmas present. I would like to take him before the blackout dates end in December. Can I purchase the Pass now since I know my address and just prove it when I pick up the passes? Can I make reservations before I pick up the passes? Do they mail you anything I might miss or need to hide? I know I have plenty of time but a part of me worries they will stop selling the Pass. Also, do they put your picture on the Pass? Not a big deal I just want to be sure I brush my hair first or something so it doesn't look bad like all my other I'd photos.

Thank you!

Yes, you may buy it online in advance and link it to your MDE. You'll need to show proof of FL residency when you go to activate it and receive your card at Guest Services. If you have a FL driver's license, you may verify your FL residency online. I don't recall them taking a picture and my Passholder card does not have my photo on it. (I get what you mean about all the Fun House Photos we all tolerate for ID's.)

Not sure if you can make park pass reservations with it after it's linked to your MDE but before you activate it.
Not sure if they'll mail you anything that says Passholder or not.

Enjoy the APs! :earsgirl:

I can answer the questions that weren't answered yet! Yes, you can make park reservations after purchase but before activation - I just tried to do it double check. It says you can have up to 3 at a time unless they are linked to a hotel stay.

Yes, they do mail you something. They mailed my husband and I each a separate one even though we live at the same address. It was a big folded brochure and an annual passholder magnet. It's pretty obvious it's from Disney so you'll want to be on the lookout for them. I believe it came about 3 weeks after I bought the passes.

I can answer the questions that weren't answered yet! Yes, you can make park reservations after purchase but before activation - I just tried to do it double check. It says you can have up to 3 at a time unless they are linked to a hotel stay.

Yes, they do mail you something. They mailed my husband and I each a separate one even though we live at the same address. It was a big folded brochure and an annual passholder magnet. It's pretty obvious it's from Disney so you'll want to be on the lookout for them. I believe it came about 3 weeks after I bought the passes.
And in typical Disney tradition, they mailed me nothing, no brochure, no magnet, no nothing. So I would not panic if nothing comes as everything you need is on the app.

We did pick up our free magnets in Disney Springs last month.

But I would screen the mail just in case because, it's Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter