We had a 9:05 p.m. reservation for Oga's the other night. Checked in around 8:45 p.m. and were called in less than 10 minutes. You'll either be led to a table or a spot to stand at the bar. You're not allowed to walk around or switch places. If they see an empty spot, they will fill it. We were given a spot at the bar. I think people tend to stay at the bar for less time since you have to stand. We had one drink and left before many of the tables turned over. If we were seated, we probably would have stayed longer. DH and DS watched the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge. They said it was a good view, although there was no music.

Does anyone know how long the average wait is if you request a booth? Our daughter is only 45" so I don't think standing at a table would really work for her.

We had a 9:05 p.m. reservation for Oga's the other night. Checked in around 8:45 p.m. and were called in less than 10 minutes. You'll either be led to a table or a spot to stand at the bar. You're not allowed to walk around or switch places. If they see an empty spot, they will fill it. We were given a spot at the bar. I think people tend to stay at the bar for less time since you have to stand. We had one drink and left before many of the tables turned over. If we were seated, we probably would have stayed longer. DH and DS watched the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge. They said it was a good view, although there was no music.

They let you check in that early? Man, they were adamant about not letting us check in until the EXACT time of our reservation. They were being like that with everyone. I seriously walked up 1 minute before and they were like "come back in one minute."

Wait lol newbie here just booked a reservation . A 30 min wait to get in with a reservation ? ??

Yeah. Basically. Your reservation time is the time you are allowed to start standing in the entry line outside the cantina. Its like a nightclub. People are let in as others vacate on a 1:1 basis. Usually there are about 15-20 people standing outside waiting at a time.

Does anyone know how long the average wait is if you request a booth? Our daughter is only 45" so I don't think standing at a table would really work for her.
When we asked they said it could be an extra 45 minutes. We decided to forget about it since it was hot and there’s minimal shade.

They let you check in that early? Man, they were adamant about not letting us check in until the EXACT time of our reservation. They were being like that with everyone. I seriously walked up 1 minute before and they were like "come back in one minute."
On 4th of July when I went solo they let me check in 15 minutes early. But then 2 days later when I went with my friends they made us come at the exact time

For kids, I have seen small children and infants at the bar area. I’ve even seen them sitting on the floor (watch where you walk inside). So even though they may not be tall, they can still do the cantina. Just not sure how they feel about not being able to see lol

You'll either be led to a table or a spot to stand at the bar. You're not allowed to walk around or switch places. If they see an empty spot, they will fill it. We were given a spot at the bar. I think people tend to stay at the bar for less time since you have to stand.
So, I have to ask, if you aren't allowed to walk around, is it really worth going in? I am mainly interested in seeing what it's like in there and taking in the atmosphere.

So, I have to ask, if you aren't allowed to walk around, is it really worth going in? I am mainly interested in seeing what it's like in there and taking in the atmosphere.
We’ve never had a problem going over to watch Rex for a bit as long as we stay out of the servers’ way. You can see him from most of the room, too, and he’s the main atmosphere besides the bar itself, which you can see from all over.

I’ve been to the Cantina I think six times? Maybe seven? I love the Cantina but understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I do think it’s the best part of SWGE in terms of capturing a “Star Wars experience.” I also like bars. And drinks. So. Some points:
  • I’ve never gotten a seated table; I’ve always had a standing spot at either a table or the bar.
  • I’ve taken my daughter in three times (age 6, 46 inches); she doesn’t love it, but she can hang. I let her sit on the ground (on a plastic bag) when we were at a table that had space underneath. Ironically, I got put at the low part of the bar (wheelchair accessible?) once when I was with adults-only - she’d have liked that!
  • Since they went to reservations, I’ve waited 20-30 minutes after checking in each time - like others, I’ve had the “you may not check in even five minutes early” experience each time. Keep in mind that you wait outside, in the sun, for most of the day.
  • I usually order both drinks at once since service can be slow. They’re often out of stuff (been out of the snacks three times, and the time I’d promised my daughter she could try the jello thing, they were out of that!)

We went to Oga’s on Saturday. We had reservations at 4:30 and got in line at 4:15. When you make a reservation it says you can arrive up to 15 minutes early. The line looked long to me and I expected a long wait but we were taken inside at 4:26, so just a little bit before our reservation time. We stood at the bar. We all took turns walking around and checking the place out. We each (there were 6 of us) had 1 drink and we were there about 30 minutes.

If we make a Savi reservations for 7:00 pm can we make an Oga reservation for 8:20 pm and make it on time? How long does Savi take from arrival, to getting in, to building, to out the door? Thank you for any information as we need to schedule this week.

Thanks for posting about this! I had made an 8:30pm reservation for my first day so I could get drinks before the fireworks. Decided to give myself a little bit more of a window and was able to change it to an earlier time - so if we end up having to wait 30 minutes or so, we’ll still finish up before they start :)

If we make a Savi reservations for 7:00 pm can we make an Oga reservation for 8:20 pm and make it on time? How long does Savi take from arrival, to getting in, to building, to out the door? Thank you for any information as we need to schedule this week.
We did Savi's last night. Checked in at 7:05 which was our reservation time. I want to say from then to going in was about a 15-20 min wait. The build took about 20 minutes. Our group wasn't fully booked but it will depend on how quickly people decide which parts to select and build their hilt. You don't want to rush through it though. It's an amazing experience. I would say 40 minutes or so at least that was our experience.

We did Savi's last night. Checked in at 7:05 which was our reservation time. I want to say from then to going in was about a 15-20 min wait. The build took about 20 minutes. Our group wasn't fully booked but it will depend on how quickly people decide which parts to select and build their hilt. You don't want to rush through it though. It's an amazing experience. I would say 40 minutes or so at least that was our experience.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

Serious question: what does everyone do with their lightsabers after building them and taking them home?

Sigh. Every time I read a post about an amazing experience at Savi's, it makes me want to do it. The cost isn't an issue, but I'm just too old to want a $200 lightsaber, I'm too old to own a $200 lightsaber. Lol. :darth:

For kids, I have seen small children and infants at the bar area. I’ve even seen them sitting on the floor (watch where you walk inside). So even though they may not be tall, they can still do the cantina. Just not sure how they feel about not being able to see lol
We were placed at the bar with my 4-year-old. He’s 42 inches and couldn’t reach or even see the counter. I had to hold him or bring his drink down to him. I wanted to get him the jello thing but it would have been logistically impossible. He didn’t love it, but he did love DJ Rex. I am going this weekend with him plus a friend and her 6-year-old. I think it would be more fun with just adults *unless* we get seated at a booth but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

Serious question: what does everyone do with their lightsabers after building them and taking them home?
I’ve seen people come at night and take them out and do photo shoots with them.

My friend’s boyfriend plays with his at home to annoy her lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter