Is it pretty typical to have to wait 30 minutes after your reservation time?
Unless something has changed in the last two weeks (which is possible!), it’ll be 20-30 minutes standing in a line outside after you check in. They won’t let you check in until your time (or within about five minutes of it).

We had a party of 9 for a 3:45 reservation on Monday. I requested a booth and waited in the shade near the door while everyone else sat in the shade on the wall bench across from the entrance. We were seated at a booth with a very friendly party of two at 4:05, and once they left a few minutes later, we had the booth to ourselves.

With kids or people who can’t stand for long periods of time, sitting is a much better experience! (Last time we went, my 6 year old could barely look over the high-top table we were assigned.) We had non-alcoholic drinks and especially enjoyed the Cliff Dweller and the Hyperdrive, and we loved the boba bursts in the Oga’s Obsession, though we wanted that cinnamon lava roll again, LOL! Overall, everyone had a great time.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this. But when we were at Oga's on Saturday, the CM's mentioned the drinks that were out of stock. They were the carbon freeze, beer flight, and another that I can't remember. Not sure if they were back the next day though. I wish I had bought that tooth board during my reservation period back in June. They were in stock then. I have no use for it, but it's so cool lol.

How is Smuggler's Run as single rider? Does it cut down queue time significantly? Do you always get to be engineer?

Last edited:
How is Smuggler's Run as single rider? Does it cut down queue time significantly? Do you always get to be engineer?
I wouldn't do SR only as a single rider because you should see the full queue at least once. The queue theming is really good and the single rider line skips a lot of that. It can cut down on the wait time, but not always. People here have posted that they have gotten all 3 positions as single riders, most often engineer, but the other 2 positions, too. You are allowed to ask the CM handing out the cards for a position (but be prepared not to get it) and you can ask to trade with your other crew members.

My daughter and I are booked for the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP tour on August 17- the first day of passholder previews at GE...

As Lloyd said in Dumb and Dumber "so you're saying there's a chance!"

I’m sure this has already been asked, but how have people gotten their lightsabers home on a plane?

We got 4 home on American Airlines from LAX. They all fit in the overhead bin in the carry case they give you at the end of the Savi experience. They count as 1 of your carry ons, however.

Yes, we know, but we are curious if eliminating same day reservations means the wait time outside will be lessened.
Hmm. Why would it? I don’t see them lessening the number of reservations...

I guess you never know what they’re up to! Obviously they’ve been making frequent tweaks at Oga’s, but I’d assume the overall reservation structure and timing is staying the same other than on the booking end.

Just keep in mind that it can take 30 minutes to actually get in, and you'll spend that time mostly in direct sun.

Sorry if I missed this, but does the entire party need to check in and wait in line? Or if all need to check in initially, can one person opt to bake for the rest of the party🦞??

Sorry if I missed this, but does the entire party need to check in and wait in line? Or if all need to check in initially, can one person opt to bake for the rest of the party🦞??
Hmm, I have always had the whole party with me at check-in, but then just one of us actually waits in the line and the others go to the shade across from the entrance. So idk if you all have to be there, but you definitely don’t all have to bake!

Hmm. Why would it? I don’t see them lessening the number of reservations...

I guess you never know what they’re up to! Obviously they’ve been making frequent tweaks at Oga’s, but I’d assume the overall reservation structure and timing is staying the same other than on the booking end.

My thought is that since they are moving this to functioning like a regular dining reservation as opposed to its own system, generally speaking you don't have to wait long even for more popular dining reservations, so if they're moving it towards that system, it leads me to believe it will be shorter waits at check in.

But who knows

If one was to grab a Ronto Wrap and bring it with them to their Cantina reservation so they could eat it while drinking their cocktails, would this be okay or frowned upon? If the latter, I’ll totally eat the wrap first before I go in. I just prefer to drink alcohol while eating and the little bar snacks on the menu don’t sound super appealing to me :)

It looks like the reservations for Olga's are going to be available for 60 days soon. The dates are listed but no reservations are available for any of the days past 14 days from today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter