• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Restaurant?

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
So we have been going to WDW since 2005 and every year we try 1 new restaurant a year. Sometimes we double up restaurants that we like per trip. Does anybody have any recommendations for a new restaurant for 2 adults...no characters...no 2 Table Services and park attire (pants or shorts).

Here is where we have eaten at.

Tusker House Lunch and Dinner
Yak and Yeti Full Service
50's Prime Time
Brown Derby
Hollywood & Vine
Sci Fi
Mama Melrose
Biergarten
Chefs De France
Coral Reef
Nine Dragons
rose and crown
Tutto Italia
Via Napoli
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
Planet Hollywood
Raglan Road
The Wave
Kona Café
Kouzzina

*I know it doesn't seem like much for 5 years but we doubled up on some restaurants per trip.

My three picks would be:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Sanaa
Tokyo Dining

I enjoyed all three of those on my last couple of trips.

How about Ohana - that one is fun to try. Or Whispering Canyon? The Turf Club over at Saratoga Spring is good too

Le Cellier for lunch is still 1 credit. Filet with mushroom risotto, burger, spicy chipotle and chicken sausage, chocolate "moose" dessert

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Many excellent selections - Colony salad, pot roast, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

Boma. Great breakfast buffet. Dinner buffet with African influences

My favorites that meet your criteria and aren't already on your list are Sanaa, the Grand Floridian Café and Boatwright's.

You've already eaten at a lot of good ones - but the glory of WDW is that there are still so many MORE!

I'll keep with the prior posters and give you 3 picks. Based on the restaurants you have already been to, I think all of these will appeal:

Ohana - dinner, non-character, served family style.

Boma - buffet

Marrakesh - normal tables service

Sanaa has become a favorite the last couple of trips. It's worth the side trip for the great animal viewing! GF Cafe is also great for a getaway from the parks.

'Ohana for dinner, Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast, Le Cellier for lunch and Wolfgang Puck's.

My suggestions are Crystal Palace for breakfast, LeCellier & GFC for lunch and Yatchsman for dinner.
Really enjoyed all . YSH is one of the best meals we have ever had in any restaurant not just at WDW.

Agree with Purple Figment and other PP's...

Le Cellier for Lunch is still 1 TS. We ate there May 29, 2012 and it was literally the ONLY meal I've ever had with all 6 family members and EVERYONE was blown away.....

I'll add Teppan Edo since it is a family tradition...delicious food...a show and great shopping below...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

I agree with previous posters about Ohana. We now try to go every trip and love the atmosphere and food. Also, the trip over on the boat for dinner is a nice side adventure for my kids. LeCellier for lunch is on our next trip agenda but I hope they don't change to 2 dining credits. With its popularity, I wouldn't be surprised.

When we were there in '05, we ate at the Fort Wilderness Buffet twice. It was very reasonably priced and had a good variety of "comfort" type food. We plan on eating there again next year, and it looks like the price is still very reasonable.

We don't like to do ADR's, we usually change our minds 2 or 3 times before it's time to eat and sometimes aren't hungry until later or earlier in the day, so it's nice to go to some of them that aren't busy and this one wasn't really that bad.:cool1:

Le Cellier for lunch is still 1 credit. Filet with mushroom risotto, burger, spicy chipotle and chicken sausage, chocolate "moose" dessert

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Many excellent selections - Colony salad, pot roast, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

Boma. Great breakfast buffet. Dinner buffet with African influences

oh yea we have eaten at Le Cellier (Not sure if I mentioned it.) We are not a fan of this restaurant. We went for my birthday a few years ago and we did not get good service. We were stuck in a corner and a couple came in (who weren't on the dinning plan) so our waitress catered to them most of the time. just say we spent 2.5 hours in there...30-40 min of it was eating while the rest of the time we were waiting for the bill.

'Ohana was our "new" restaurant last year, and it is now on our "must do" list for every future trip. :thumbsup2

Beyond delicious, views of Wishes, and all-you-can-eat!

How about Beaches and cream... its one of my faves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter