• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Remy Dessert Experience

We loved our Remy dinner so I would love to try this dessert experience for sure.

Just booked this for May 15th--had to call. The DCL phone rep logged a workorder since it was supposed to be showing on the website but wasn't yet.

Anyway, it sounds terribly decadent and with main dining, this will definitely be a dessert before dinner day. My taste buds will thank me--the waistline, not so much.

Oh my goodness!!! Jealous! If they had this when we were on Fantasy, I would have been ALL OVER this one! Yummy! Hope people comment and take pictures! Please post!

Am I the only one who is turned off by the thought of 5 desserts for $50? I love desserts. But I don't think I would want that many desserts at that price point. I'm speaking as someone who has enjoyed Remy brunch and dinner and is willing to spend the money on those experiences.

I'm sailing on the Fantasy in a few weeks and have Remy brunch booked. I'm going to take a pass on this, though.

Am I the only one who is turned off by the thought of 5 desserts for $50? I love desserts. But I don't think I would want that many desserts at that price point. I'm speaking as someone who has enjoyed Remy brunch and dinner and is willing to spend the money on those experiences.

I'm sailing on the Fantasy in a few weeks and have Remy brunch booked. I'm going to take a pass on this, though.

I'm with you. For $75 we had a wonderful dinner with plenty of dessert. I would not pay $50 for just dessert.

We were able to book it for both our upcoming May cruises via phone. It's showing up strangely on the website (when you try to add adult dining, it's showing up as a star icon and says "price pending") but we had no trouble getting DCL to add it for us when we called.

It's only on Thursdays (second or third sea day, depending on the sailing) from 3:30-5:00.

Thanks to finding out about this new experience here, yesterday our TA was able to call Disney and book this for DH and me on 5.22.14! :cool1:We don't want to do dinner at Remy, already are booked for Palo Brunch...so this is perfect for us. We are looking forward to it!

I just booked this online! They finally have it posted correctly, and the information is in line with all the info on this thread. Thanks everyone!

I just booked the experience! I booked it before dinner though, not sure how that is going to work out. I hope someone will go before our cruise and post pictures and reviews!

I just booked the experience! I booked it before dinner though, not sure how that is going to work out. I hope someone will go before our cruise and post pictures and reviews!

Right now I have it booked before dinner too. Last time we had Remy dinner they just about had to roll us out of there we were so full. I am planning to rearrange my Remy dinner so it isn't on the same day as the dessert. I want to be able to enjoy all of both of them.

Right now I have it booked before dinner too. Last time we had Remy dinner they just about had to roll us out of there we were so full. I am planning to rearrange my Remy dinner so it isn't on the same day as the dessert. I want to be able to enjoy all of both of them.

Considering the food I was given in Remy Dinner I wouldn't have the two on the same day either.

I enjoy sweets, but I find that I can only handle a small quantity of the really rich desserts. I think I would need to see the pictures/reviews before I would decide to book. For those of you going in May, please post pics and your thoughts.

The big draw for Remy for me is to experience the pampering and special service. For people who aren't particularly fond of fancy food, the dessert experience would give them the opportunity to experience the plush surroundings and stellar service without having to deal with food that might not be appealing for everyone. I think Disney got this one right.

I enjoy sweets, but I find that I can only handle a small quantity of the really rich desserts. I think I would need to see the pictures/reviews before I would decide to book. For those of you going in May, please post pics and your thoughts.

The big draw for Remy for me is to experience the pampering and special service. For people who aren't particularly fond of fancy food, the dessert experience would give them the opportunity to experience the plush surroundings and stellar service without having to deal with food that might not be appealing for everyone. I think Disney got this one right.

Yes agree.

I contacted concierge about trying to move my Remy reservation to a different time because I had dessert and Remy scheduled the same day. I asked about the size of desserts and this was my reply:

"In regards to the Remy Dessert Experience, the desserts are going to be individual sample sizes. Since you have sailed with us before, the best comparison we could give you would be if you have ever ordered the Dessert Trio during the dessert course in the main dining rooms. We would advise those sizes would be very similar to that at the Remy Dessert Experience"

Hope this helps!

When we had dinner at Remy, all the courses were small size, to leave us room for the next course. PP's concierge note mentions "sample size." Which was pretty much the size of everything we had at dinner. I can't imagine the desserts being super-sized.

The desserts were all full sized. Out of the 8 people who were there, i would be surprised if 2 were able to finish. We ended up skipping dinner because there was so much food.

They don't advertise this much on the cruise. Only in the Cove and the Concierge Lounge.

The desserts are from the pastry chefs throughout the ship, not just in Remy.

While this is advertised as about eating desserts, what we found most enjoyable was the interaction with the staff. Chef Patrick was interesting and entertaining. He had no set talk so the conversation was driven by those in attendance. He told stories about working at Disneyland Paris and opening the Dream and Fantasy. He answered questions about how he prepared specific courses on the Remy menu, and discussed growing up in France.

If this was just about dessert I would say it was overpriced (though the desserts were amazing) but getting to have an engaging discussion with an accomplished chef made it worth the price of admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter