New Place for Walkers, Training for 2011 and Beyond

We are back to rainy weather again. I may be the only person ever to train for the Goofy in the mall. What is up with the weather in the country? The winters have been colder for the last two years and the rain and snow fall breaking records.

Reguardless I will be toeing the start of that Goofy stronger than ever.

Dave:hippie:

Hi out there in cyber world. Wondering how everyone is doing?

Welcome Tanya and hope your knee is healing.

Dave, getting ready to order those shoes. It would be great if they feel good for race day.

DW found a fantastic book, RUNNING Anatomy, for learning about the way our body works even if it is running related.

Just finished a impromptu 13.13 miler. Sure going to be a happy walker when I get rid of the neck collar.

Stay well, all.

The group training walk turned out to be 6.8 miles with an average pace of 11:54 per mile. My two resident rabbits decided I needed to watch them disappear into the sun rise, they averaged 11:28 per mile. Good training walk with perfect weather.

John I have done a 10 miler, a 4 miler and today a 6.8 miler on the new shoes and I love them.

Dave:hippie:

Well, 3 weeks post surgery and I'm almost walking normal again! So very slowly it goes, but it's coming along nicely! I'm hoping for the all clear to really get going by mid-June. Fingers crossed!

Well, 3 weeks post surgery and I'm almost walking normal again! So very slowly it goes, but it's coming along nicely! I'm hoping for the all clear to really get going by mid-June. Fingers crossed!

:cool1:Way to go, nice and slow.:cool1:

Dave, I just went to Running Warehouse and noticed that the Mizuno shoe has a forefoot stack height of 14mm and the Asics shoe has a height of 22mm. Since I mid-strike I am wondering if the 8mm of missing cushion might just be too much of a difference. :confused3 Sure would like an almost 5oz. lighter shoe.

Well, things seem pretty quiet so I'll just update from previous post...

10 weeks since bicycle crash and still in neck collar. Truly a pain in the neck. X Rays on Monday with surgeon visit Thursday and hoping to resolve the situation. OFF with the collar or FUSION!

Weather in upper 80's low 90's and still getting out. Times are slowing down but becoming more heat tolerant. Miss getting out on bike and riding 100+ miles in 90+ temps. Great training for any endurance sport like marathoning.

Had to get new driver's license yesterday so got picture taken with new BUZZ cut. Haven't decided if it makes me look older than 61 but it'll do. Walked to the office and managed a 32:51 for 5K. Be getting out tomorrow at 4:00AM for 10 to 13 miles.

Hope things are going well for everyone.

Very good news this week.

Tuesday, 7-05-2011, 2:40pm EDST....At 13 weeks, 4 days and 2 hours the neck collar was taken off as per neurosurgeon's command. I immediately asked when I could get back to bicycle riding and he said, "how about this afternoon!" :cool1:

Pumped up tires on road bike to just sit on bike and ride in front of house. Head does not want to twist too well, expected, and really feel clumsy so no riding for a long, long time.

Got out this afternoon for a collar free 8.25 mile walk with temperature 82F, 94%+ humidity until it started to drizzle. Felt good.

Hope everyone is able to keep with training schedules.

Next event is DL 1/2M for C2C. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter