• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New P & S

pnutmnm

Mouseketeer
I am looking to replace my old Kodak point and shoot. I am looking at 2 of the Canon Elphs but would like some feedback. Anyone have any comments or problems with the 110 or the 320?

Thanks!

pnutnmn,

I am not a point-and-shoot expert, haven't bought one in years, but hopefully someone with more knowledge can help.

It would help though if you posted what your priorities for, in terms of the kinds of pictures you want to take.

As for trying to decide between two very specific cameras, have you tried reading about each at some review websites? DPReview might be a place to start.

Here's the (often useless) computer bot comparison based on specs:
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-320-HS-vs-Canon-ELPH-110-HS

It sounds like the same sensor and lens, and I do respect Canon HS camera's high ISO performance...and the difference is touchscreen or normal controls.

Touchscreen can be nice or terrible based on the implementation. You get th super nice ability to touch the person or object you want the camera to focus on, but the control may be unresponsive (do you ever wear gloves?) and the controls can be iPhone like intuitive, or make no sense to you.

In general, I do not read a ton of love for touchscreen cameras, so I may be more inclined to stay with a more affordable, traditional camera. But the only way to know for sure is try them out and see which one feels better to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter