• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Offer Coming per Touring Plans (Free Dining)

Does this mean no free dining for second half of August ???? What's your guess?

I would say no. MY guess is some are still on summer vacation those weeks and they filled those the last time they offered FD last year for this year.

I'm also thinking that is what happened to the last week of September. Since food and wine start October 1st. We just happen to move our trip up a week beacuse we got awesome airfare. We are booked under the kids free promo. Even if I have to buy a photbook we will still save 250.00 over that promo. We already have the QSDP on our package. We pefer the QSDP but we are still thinking of upgrading to a moderate.

Correct me if I'm wrong. GP that expired 12/20/10 started 8/19/11. Pin for summer ends with arrival dates 8/13/11 (which I could use if I got one). No FD has been offered at all for my dates GP or Visa right? 8/13/11 room only, package deal starting 8/14/11-8/21/11 (to get kids play free). BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday night we booked 5 nights, 6 days @ Port Orleans French Quarter from 10/11-1016. These are the only dates which would work for us with my work schedule.

That being said, the CM and I spoke for over an hour about the pin codes I had attached to my name, and the "rumor" of FD in October. He could neither confirm, nor deny ;).

I then mentioned to the CM that I have read on a certain board :thumbsup2 that FD might be available soon. He laughed, told me how much he loves the DIS, and told me to keep my eyes open in the next 2 weeks! This CM was great, and I hope he was right. :love:

I think your CM was reffering to the dates announced today - they typically don't extend the dates for free dining for October - December until July.

I'm actually starting to worry about this increase of black out dates. I'm going in December and I see more and more people announcing their December vacations - maybe Disney won't need to offer free dining for the post-Thanksgiving to pre-Christmas dates this year.:confused3

Yeah I was wondering myself if free dining would be offered for the fall being the mostly same dates as offered last winter. Ever seen disney "re-open" offers?

Touring Plans must have some inside knowledge because I doubt they'd make a statement like that without having a scoop. Or else no one would rely on them for anything if they were full of it!

I'm booked at POR with DxDP with a pin code of 40% off the room. Anyone know if free dining is greater than less than or equal too 40% off the room rate? Too busy to do the math right now but just curious as to how beneficial free dining would be to me, considering I'd have to pay to upgrade to DxDP anyhow.

Thanks!

I am going 9/20-9/26 staying at POR in a preferred room (2adults). I have the DDP FD and my package was $1907. This includes 7 day park hopper tickets. If you were to do the DxDP you would have to add $33 per night per person for the upgrade, in my case that would be $396, for a total price of $2300 (give or take). Also, from what was posted about the photopass for the Disney Visa promo, you would also have to add $90. So around $2400. HTH!!

Yeah - unfortunately, like so many disers have said, the free dining dates have been shrinking every year as well as what is included in the package. Now (as mentioned above) we have to pay for a photopass book in order to get free dining.
I don't think the free dining dates are shrinking. The offer they put out last fall, that had to be booked by December 20, had more free dinining dates than they had ever offered and included months and weeks that were never included before. The changes are that some previous "slow" weeks that were included in the past are being blacked out, due to the fact that free dining has made them a not so slow time anymore - ironic, I know.

Darn I know. Going 8/13/11-8/21/11 so far none have covered me unless I would have gotten that pin.

Exactly! It's really odd that they would offer FD for the entire summer (through the pin code) and late summer (through last year's FD offer and this new offer) but completely shut out arrivals for about a week beginning 8/14. I would happily pay for the photobook if they'd just cover my dates! Looks like we'll be going with no dining plan for this trip.

And we won't be going at all. I can't complain though because we go A LOT. This summer would have been good though because it's the only time I can take the family for an EXTENDED vacation. The rest of the year we are tied to school schedules. Oh well.

Exactly! It's really odd that they would offer FD for the entire summer (through the pin code) and late summer (through last year's FD offer and this new offer) but completely shut out arrivals for about a week beginning 8/14. I would happily pay for the photobook if they'd just cover my dates! Looks like we'll be going with no dining plan for this trip.

I know!! I too would buy the photo pass book!!

Anyone know how you go about booking the Disney Visa offer? Do you do it directly through Disney? I'm assuming you'd have to at least put some of the trip on your Disney Visa card if you use this offer? I have already paid my $200 deposit and would like to only put about $100 of the trip on my Disney Visa card if I have to, because I've been trying to pay it off. Anyone know if I could still do their promo with this? Thanks!

Anyone know how you go about booking the Disney Visa offer? Do you do it directly through Disney? I'm assuming you'd have to at least put some of the trip on your Disney Visa card if you use this offer? I have already paid my $200 deposit and would like to only put about $100 of the trip on my Disney Visa card if I have to, because I've been trying to pay it off. Anyone know if I could still do their promo with this? Thanks!
You have to put at least $200.00 towards the existing package to qualify for the Chase/Disney Visa free dining discount. You need to call and ask them to add fd code to your exisiting reservation and then you will give them your Disney Visa number.

Hey all!

I'm sitting at my computer DISing for the past hour, and the Disney Visa FD email just now was delivered to my email box. I can't use it because it's only good for 8/28 - 9/24, but I just wanted to add that you have to include the PP book (part of the pkg. - pretty sure that was already posted) and that it says the promotion will become available to the GP on May 2nd (not sure if anyone posted the May 2nd info).

Good luck!

:sunny:

Anyone think they will later have an offer that extends to 9/29 or no because that was already offered? We booked it way back and got fd but now we have another family coming and we were hoping fd would cone back for them.

Just not sure about the odds. Our check in is 9/29 and we can't change it.

So is this the deal that touringplans was hinting at? I hope not - aren't these pretty close to the same dates they offered already? When free dining was announced in 2010 for 2011 - it was for the end of August and most of September - you had to book by 12/20. I don't think RE-offering a deal counts!!!

So is this the deal that touringplans was hinting at? I hope not - aren't these pretty close to the same dates they offered already? When free dining was announced in 2010 for 2011 - it was for the end of August and most of September - you had to book by 12/20. I don't think RE-offering a deal counts!!!

It’s frustrating for sure. Especially when this visitors for this particular time frame has had ample amount of discounts to choose from throughout last year and this year. The Oct-Dec crowd just has to be patient. We’ll get our chance I’m sure.

where is that "raining on your parade" emoticon when you need it? I too hope that this is not the deal. We're seriously considering changing our visit from Nov to Oct and could use the FD deal to spur a decision.

I am going 9/20-9/26 staying at POR in a preferred room (2adults). I have the DDP FD and my package was $1907. This includes 7 day park hopper tickets. If you were to do the DxDP you would have to add $33 per night per person for the upgrade, in my case that would be $396, for a total price of $2300 (give or take). Also, from what was posted about the photopass for the Disney Visa promo, you would also have to add $90. So around $2400. HTH!!

Thank you for explaining this. Here is my situation: 2 adults, 9/24-10/1 (8 days 7 nights), 8 day w/ park hopper, staying at POR - King room, upgrading to DxDP. With my 40% off room pin code, my total was about $2700. I just called and got the free dining quote and it came to $2800. My head is hurting from trying to justify the math. I thought free dining would be a better value than a percentage off a mod, but I guess not!

Thank you for explaining this. Here is my situation: 2 adults, 9/24-10/1 (8 days 7 nights), 8 day w/ park hopper, staying at POR - King room, upgrading to DxDP. With my 40% off room pin code, my total was about $2700. I just called and got the free dining quote and it came to $2800. My head is hurting from trying to justify the math. I thought free dining would be a better value than a percentage off a mod, but I guess not!
Not with Deluxe Dining. I would be much cheaper if you have the Quick service plan or the Basic plan.

Lets do the math.

Room Discount
$ 886.20 King room ($1477 * 60%)
$ 766.80 Tickets ($268.38+57.51+57.51 per person)
$1105.86 Deluxe Dining ($78.99 per person per night)
=========================================
$2758.86

Free Dining
$2246.22 King room + tickets + basic DDP dining (this is full price for room plus tickets)
$ 462.00 upgrade from basic DDP to DxDDP (78.99-45.99=$33 per person per night)
$ 99.95 photobook
=========================================
$2808.17

So basically it's costing you $49.31 to get the photo book. If you want the book then it's a good deal. If you don't then you're wasting money by changing.

Free dining will just about always save more money for a family of 4 at a moderate. You're a party of 2 and you got an almost unheard of room discount for a moderate resort. There are no absolutes when it comes to discounts beyond the absolute of you should always do the math to find out which discount is best for you.

Copied straight off mousesavers.com

Disney Visa FREE Dining "Memories Vacation Package"

For a limited time, Disney Visa cardholders can get a FREE dining plan when they buy a "Memories Vacation Package" at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Offer is valid for stays most nights 8/28/11-9/24/11.

The Memories Vacation Package includes:

Accommodations in a select Walt Disney World resort hotel (3 nights minimum)
Walt Disney World theme park Base Tickets (2 days minimum; can be upgraded to include add-ons such as Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More at an additional cost)
A Disney's PhotoPass Photo Book (note that this required item adds about $100 to the overall cost of this package)
Stay at select Disney Value resorts and get the Quick Service Dining Plan for FREE.

Stay at select Disney Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts and get the regular Dining Plan for FREE.

This vacation package offer will become available to the general public on 5/2/11. :banana:

Book by 8/27/11. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Base Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu if available. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter