New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

I don't want to stir the pot or create an argument or anything like that, for all of you that have known me, either personally or on here know that I am not about that. But a pre park opening meal reservation gives you a meal, a seat at the table of the different restaurants. It is not and was never sold as a way to get fairly empty pictures of the park. I understand the frustration, I really do, but you should never expect anything more than what is being sold.
In addition to it possibly being a PPO Breakfast thing, entertainment can be streamlining characters and the behind the scenes teams needed to keep the characters in good working order.

The new Mickey and Minnie heads are to expand everywhere soon. There won't be new heads and old heads in the same park. The preprogrammed heads are already at the Castle Stage. By doing the Welcome Show at the Castle where the heads and the technicians are already located, it utilizes the personnel who are already in place and saves a huge amount of money because the preprogrammed heads are quite costly.

I'm extremely sad bc I never got to see the Welcome Show. I had it planned this past June and my dad caused us to be late every day. Boo hoo. I really wanted to experience this and I had prepped the hubs for our next trip this upcoming June (no dad to derail my plan) to be up and out in time.

With that said, it will be interesting to see how this works. I do like the idea of being on Main Street early and browsing the shops. At least Disney has a few months to tweak it before our trip and I have a few months to get my strategy set up.

But Park Open Guests won't be continuing past The Hub and into the Lands meaning Main Street USA and The Hub will be much more congested-everyone will be "backed up" together.
yeah, cause the vehicles won't start until 9am, so as soon as 9am hits everyone will disperse, same as always

Well count me in for liking this change. Sure, we were near the front of the line most mornings at MK but I'd much rather mill around in a larger space than stand there in front of the arches. The welcome show as cute and the song catchy, but I'd rather not get caught up in the herd heading up main street. But I am now reconsidering my early breakfast to more like 10:30 AM. I guess I'll have to wait and see how things shake out.

I'm all for this. This is how Magic Kingdom use to open prior to 9/11. Main Street U.S.A always opened 30 to 45 minutes prior to park opening time. This allowed for less congestion and you could line up in the hub for which land you wanted to head first, or just look through the shops until the park officially opened. It's about time they return to the old way of doing things.

But how will they differentiate now? Will they have MB readers at the ropes to check who is onsite? Will they have a separate entrance that takes them somewhere besides Main St? Or will they go back to some kind of wrist band to show who is onsite and eligible for EMH?

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll have handheld scanners or they'll have the bypass roped off and open and they'd guide the resort guests along that path and then they'll have access to the rest of the park.

But Park Open Guests won't be continuing past The Hub and into the Lands meaning Main Street USA and The Hub will be much more congested-everyone will be "backed up" together.

Except they won't all be in the street. They will also be browsing the shops, hitting City Hall, lining up for Photopass photographers, grabbing coffee/breakfast at Starbucks, etc. It won't be like now where everyone is forced to stand, all together, in one place. This idea of a Main Street packed from end to end as if it's the New Year's Eve fireworks will not happen. It doesn't happen at Disneyland and it won't happen at Magic Kingdom. People will crowd at the far north end of Main Street, and everywhere else, they will be chill and do their thing while they wait. I think it's easy to underestimate the sense of freedom you get when you're not forced to crowd at the tapstyles or the archways and finally have things you can actually do while you wait.

Except they won't all be in the street. They will also be browsing the shops, hitting City Hall, lining up for Photopass photographers, grabbing coffee/breakfast at Starbucks, etc. It won't be like now where everyone is forced to stand, all together, in one place. This idea of a Main Street packed from end to end as if it's the New Year's Eve fireworks will not happen. It doesn't happen at Disneyland and it won't happen at Magic Kingdom. People will crowd at the far north end of Main Street, and everywhere else, they will be chill and do their thing while they wait. I think it's easy to underestimate the sense of freedom you get when you're not forced to crowd at the tapstyles or the archways and finally have things you can actually do while you wait.
As much as I liked the Welcome Show and my kids love it, they watch it on YouTube daily! I think lining up on Main Street will be a lot easier. The amount of people waiting before the arches is probably 1/2 if not 1/3 of the space on Main Street. Hopefully they keep the song, too bad the train won't be there.

Awesome-so the Main Street Vehicles will still start when Guests are first allowed in the Park as always-it will just be now at 8:00 or 8:30(assuming they will pick one of those times)?

I love riding the Omni as soon as I enter MK down to the Castle-so much FUN!

Thanks!:)

i don't love this change. We will get on Main Street earlier.....but if we want to stay at the front of the rope drop crowd we really can't take advantage of the shopping and stuff....

Also, just yesterday I decided to splurge and book EMM for my family of 4. I'm a little bummed out that Main Street will be busy now...

I don't want to stir the pot or create an argument or anything like that, for all of you that have known me, either personally or on here know that I am not about that. But a pre park opening meal reservation gives you a meal, a seat at the table of the different restaurants. It is not and was never sold as a way to get fairly empty pictures of the park. I understand the frustration, I really do, but you should never expect anything more than what is being sold.
I understand. Just like BOG doesn't gaurantee you early rides on 7DMT. If it was just me and hubby I honestly wouldn't care. My sister and her family have been looking at me as the expert planner and I guess it's my fault for telling them something can be done that isn't a guarantee. My biggest complaint would be the very short notice that was given. But that's expected at Disney. They didn't announce any details for a brand new festival until a month before it starts.

i don't love this change. We will get on Main Street earlier.....but if we want to stay at the front of the rope drop crowd we really can't take advantage of the shopping and stuff....

Also, just yesterday I decided to splurge and book EMM for my family of 4. I'm a little bummed out that Main Street will be busy now...

I think you'll be okay. You should still get onto Main Street ahead of the rest of the crowds (by about 15 minutes, I'd guess), and you won't see them at all once you get into Fantasyland.

If you have an 8 am PPO reservation, you are usually allowed in at 7:45, yes? That would still mean you have a couple of minutes before the herd enters. I'll keep my BOG reservation for now.

Yeh, I was thinking about this as well. Might just be waiting the same, just in a different place (if you want to be near the front).

Yeh, I was thinking about this as well. Might just be waiting the same, just in a different place (if you want to be near the front).

Yes, I'd imagine it's just as crucial for fantasyland, but hopefully not for tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter