New (Made-Up) Position -- WDW VP of Guest Comfort --- WWYD?

What labels have to do with hotel *s, you can have your mind as open as you want but you get what you paid for, room, bus, pool, food court, nothing else, not even trees. You can enjoy watching birds along the lake, not that you can sit there and you can make your own fun, like counting red cars on a parking lot, since hotel provides none. The only good thing about value is access to Disney transportation and price.

Have you ever been to a value resort? It doesn't sound like it by your descriptions.

I'm going to put this post back on track.

As the VP of Guest Comfort, my first task is to find out what kind of money is in the budget for this title. I know that Disney Parks alone made 1.4 billion(net, not gross). I have been allotted the .4. I will then do some research on what Guests want.

-Fixed price hotels. $75 Value, $125 Moderate, and $200 Deluxe. It does not matter the season. This way we could do away with room pin codes. Club level is an additional $25. For DVC resorts...$225 Studio, $275 One BDRM, $325 Two BDRM, and $400 for the Three BDRM.

-Going back to the original DDP. App, Entree, Dessert, Tip. $ 40 per Adult, $10 per Child. (Parents of Children who are between the ages of 10 and 15 have the option to stay with the kids plan, or to upgrade to the adult plan. That way if you have a picky eater, you don't feel as if you are being ripped off once the child turns 10)

-Fridges, Microwaves, and Hi-Speed in all rooms. If you don't use them, that is fine. They are standard, like beds.

-Loyalty program. For those guests that have been, but keep coming back. I know not all come back every year, so AP's wouldn't be a benefit. Each trip, after your first, you accumulate points. One point per night. Points are worth $10 Disney Dollars each. What you do with them is up to you. They never expire. You can leave them on your account, and only take them when you want to. They do roll over with each trip, so you don't have to stress about using them by the end of your stay.

-Free Continental breakfast in all resorts. (Juice, muffins, bagels, and fruit.)

The public has spoken, and I am going to try and meet all demands.

OP here-- some fantastic ideas! I like all the discussion (i.e. arguments...) about certain items! :rotfl: While I think, in general, WDW does a great job of catering to their guests, in recent years their focus has turned more to cost-efficiency rather than guest comfort. Find the cheapest thing, the "least we can get away with" and go with that. And I really think for the money they charge us, they could go a little farther.

- Erin

Have you ever been to a value resort? It doesn't sound like it by your descriptions.

I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites? As somebody said, if you spend all time in parks and only need a place to eat and sleep then yes value is perfect but if you like me spend a lot of time in resort then sorry, you can not enjoy Motel6 with oversized decor, JMHO.

I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites? As somebody said, if you spend all time in parks and only need a place to eat and sleep then yes value is perfect but if you like me spend a lot of time in resort then sorry, you can not enjoy Motel6 with oversized decor, JMHO.

*ahem*

http://www.passporterboards.com/for...sort-disney-value-resort-reviews-ratings.html

When we checked in we got a calendar of resort activities. - movie nights at the pool, hoola hoop contests, trivia games, etc. We did not participate in any of these activities, but the movie night at least seemed to be well attended by families with young kids. (We didn't see any of the other activities - I think they took place during the day and we spent all day at the parks)

Some poolside activities, primarily for kids, have been added. There is a nightly movie, bingo (extra charge), scavenger hunt, etc. Hair wraps are available and a sketch artist is located inside Melody Hall.

I have to say, I haven't read through this entire thread, but one question comes to mind for me.

Some people are suggesting more buses, better dining options, eliminate ALL kids from coming becauses strollers are no longer allowed (I am taking creative licensing on my interpretation), better coffee, wi-fi availablity, etc, etc, etc...

These things all come with an added expense of:
a) The new salary of the VP of Guest Comfort
b) Research
c) Aquistion
d) Integration
etc...

My question is: How much would YOU the guest pay for these ammenities? and where do we allocate the cost to? I also read that Values should remain bareboned, so how does WDW recover this HUGE additional expense.

I have to say, I haven't read through this entire thread, but one question comes to mind for me.

Some people are suggesting more buses, better dining options, eliminate ALL kids from coming becauses strollers are no longer allowed (I am taking creative licensing on my interpretation), better coffee, wi-fi availablity, etc, etc, etc...

b) Research
c) Aquistion
d) Integration
etc...

My question is: How much would YOU the guest pay for these ammenities? and where do we allocate the cost to? I also read that Values should remain bareboned, so how does WDW recover this HUGE additional expense.

Disney Dollars, of course!

Come on, folks! This is a "gee-whiz", "what would I do if I were in charge" kind of thing. If I was King for a Day. Let's not squabble over the trivial matters of cost. This is DISNEY!

b) Research
c) Aquistion
d) Integration
etc...

From what i've read here the person who is VP of Comfort would gladly word for free season passes and a room at a Deluxe resort when they need it.

BTW I took some heat for the stroller idea. I have to clearify. The park is very crowded is some areas because of the number of strollers being used. I've seen many strollers being used that only carry bags of items purchased and a backpack of things needed in the park. If you have a 1 to 2 yr old and your running around the park with your older child I can see the need for a stroller. The little one can't keep up. (Yes I have kids its been a long time since the stroller though). I just like to see kids getting exercise.

Now as far as paying out new VP, I think the percentage of people who would returned to WDW more because it is so much more comfortable with all the new ideas would greatly offset the 1 salary of the VP.

Your question has been answered in post #85.

If I was the vp I would take all the labels away from the resorts so no one could be called a resort snob or look down at other resorts. I would have free welcome drinks (like on fantasy island), more buses and taxi vouchers for those who missed the bus, moving walkways throughout the park so no one would ever need to worry about strollers/EVCs/too much walking.

As technology changes I would get rid of the transportation system as we know it now and replace it with transporters.

Tink13x said:
-Fridges, Microwaves, and Hi-Speed in all rooms. If you don't use them, that is fine. They are standard, like beds.
Well, sure - if you're going to 'fixed' prices for the resort rooms, I don't disagree with hsi in all rooms :teeth:

KellyNY said:
I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites?
Aren't there movies and activities at the main pool at one of the All Stars every (or almost every) night?

JDUCKY said:
Sorry about that - I should have read just a little further ;)

Your question has been answered in post #85.

Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.

I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value

Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.

What I liked about the POP:

The bus service (best on property I believe)
The food court
The theming of the buildings and pools
The nice walkways around the resort
The lake
It's convenient location
the friendly staff
The Staff in the food court dancing and teaching the dances.

That is some of the things i can remember off the top of my head. WE haven't been there in a couple of trips but I would be more than happy to go back. Especially if they provided a fridge and free WiFi. I don't need the covered bus stops because I prefer the separate lines for each bus.

I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value

Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.

I have a few...

Upgrade the quality of toilet paper in the parks and at the resorts! This one is self explanatory!! :lmao:

Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun! :headache:

Change the menu's at CS restuarants so they are a little unique! Selling the same food everywhere is boring! :thumbsup2

Institute a repeat customer program for those who stay on property every year. Heck, even receiving a free "10 visit" pin would be great!

Doug

Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.

Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not need anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.

idieh said:
Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun!
I see your point, but given the ubiquitousness of the Dining Plans, maybe it would be more efficient to have one or two "cash only" registers instead of limiting DP payments to just one register?

Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.

That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?:confused3

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.

Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. :rolleyes1 It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.

2. A store at DTD and/or DHS that sells all the Disney and MGM Movies, even the ones that are "In the Disney Vault"!

I think that this is a FANTASTIC idea! :yay:The "Disney Vault" could be a super-special store at DHS, the only one in the world that sells all Disney movies at all time. That way, DIsney could say movies are in "the vault", while still making money selling them and making Disney fans happy by enabling them to get their fave movies if they are willing to come to DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter