new laptop purchase help

Very pleased with my Microsoft Surface. We travel a lot so its lightness is a benefit.
Not too bothered about the size of the hard drive because the vast bulk of my files are in the cloud.
I find it a great convenience that the Surface, my desktop and my Windows phone are always automatically synchronised.

I do have an Ipod which was useful for running the My Disney Experience until they "upgraded" the software so that I can no longer use it on my model.
Instead, I access MDE via its website using my phone. I'll stick with the Ipod for my music, at least until it fails, but will then look for a simple mp3 player.

ford family

ASUS...

Apple's are great for what they are, but the only way to add space with them is to get a detachable hard drive. PC's today can handle a lot. Hard drives can be swapped and upgraded, unlike the Apples.

Dell's are great too, mine died not too long ago after about 7 years of having it.

I removed the DVD drive from my 17" MacBookPro and replaced it with an extra solid state drive. It can be done in some cases.

Mac is the only way to go. Yes they do cost a little more than some of the others, but it is well worth it.
Not necessarily. If you have special software that only runs on Windows, that adds a complication. I know you can boot into Windows, but not a great solution IMO.

What's your definition of "a little more"? You're looking at spending 50-100% more for a comparable specced Mac than a PC.

I'm not saying a Mac isn't a good solution, but saying it's the only solution is flat out wrong.

Not necessarily. If you have special software that only runs on Windows, that adds a complication. I know you can boot into Windows, but not a great solution IMO.

What's your definition of "a little more"? You're looking at spending 50-100% more for a comparable specced Mac than a PC.

I'm not saying a Mac isn't a good solution, but saying it's the only solution is flat out wrong.

Mac is the only way to go if you want to love your computer. For my personal use, I use Macs... for work I have always used Windows and the associated software. I know that I want to pull an "Office Space" on all Windows computers. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter