New Jazz Kitchen pic makes me want to cry

This is so sad. It looks like a medical building or strip mall, there's no charm anymore. If they were going to use $$$ to renovate anything, they should have done something with the old ESPN zone.

Heartbreaking! We used to love coming here and a big part of the charm was the NOLA atmosphere plus Disney magic which is all completely absent from this reboot. Won’t be going back and am pretty worried for the rest of downtown Disney! Hoping they don’t continue to sacrifice the magic just to attract a “wider audience”.

We saw it in person last week…. They’re going for some cool, ultra modern, minimalist vibe. It fails miserably. The restaurant is so generic and has no character…. Whoever came up with the idea to eradicate all traces of Nola should be fired.
Totally agree. It was a unique, beloved design and I just can't comprehend why the decision was made to destroy that.

Is the Piano gone?

I might never go here again, the theming was what made the prices of food ok, this is too generic to want to pay those prices
I can't tell. There was an area that was set back and that's where the piano/small stage area was. It looks like that set-back area is still there but I can't tell if the piano is still in it.

This article about the remodel is incredibly depressing to me. They've removed the iconic figures and the giant saxophone "Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen" neon sign, and they're not replacing the sign. I doubt the figures will be back, either, as according the linked article below they're giving it a "cleaner look and vibrant California energy" (barf). The entire DTD area is being converted to mid-century modern. This makes me so sad.

https://***********.com/2023/04/sax...ans-jazz-kitchen-at-downtown-disney-district/

Yeah...we got to eat in the upstairs room when that opened after the first phase of remodel...it was too bright, too loud, too bland and lost all its character and charm.

That design choice was a swing and a miss IMO...time will tell how consumers respond but we hated it.

Yeah...we got to eat in the upstairs room when that opened after the first phase of remodel...it was too bright, too loud, too bland and lost all its character and charm.

That design choice was a swing and a miss IMO...time will tell how consumers respond but we hated it.
People may hate it for a while but memories can be short in place like that, and there may not be any alternatives that are much better if they are "wiping the slate clean" in the whole of DTD. I'm obviously not one who embraces a generic, sterile look. I enjoyed the quirkiness of the different establishments and if it's simply transformed into one big nod to the bland and boring, it's a giant step in the wrong direction IMO. I mean, it's Disney, not an outlet center!

ETA: and the fact is that I probably won't be around for the next revamping or if I am, I'll be really old.

My friend asked when we were there a few weeks back. Apparently they had to change because it’d be too similar to Tiana’s in the park. It was either change or they’d be booted out of DTD is what she gathered from the convo.

My friend asked when we were there a few weeks back. Apparently they had to change because it’d be too similar to Tiana’s in the park. It was either change or they’d be booted out of DTD is what she gathered from the convo.
lol

What a Joke. Even if true this could not have been the best alternative version but I do not doubt Disney trying to make only the theme park unquiet while Universal is adding Toothsome to Citywalk, DIsney really is being run by the worst kinda people right now.

That sounds extreme, but if true, I kind of get it. And if they do Tiana's right, I would feel a bit better about the Ralph Brennan's reno. Who knows? Maybe when Tiana's opens, the current Jazz Kitchen might switch to a different restaurant with different cuisine. I'm from the Texas Gulf coast with deep Louisiana roots, so I really do hope they get Tiana's right.

Ok, but why change the whole DTD area to the same bland thing?

We have just arrived home for DL and as usual we ate at Ralph Brennans. Unfortunately we won’t eat there again. The whole vibe of the place has gone. As previous posters have said it feels like a cafeteria now and they have removed the bread from the menu, which we loved, I can make jambalaya at home myself and we will get our beignets at the fast serve counter. Just to top it off the music was just bland, certainly not jazz music. It is not worth the money anymore. Ralph Brennans has been on our must do at least once each visit for years, it’s sad to see that end.

We have just arrived home for DL and as usual we ate at Ralph Brennans. Unfortunately we won’t eat there again. The whole vibe of the place has gone. As previous posters have said it feels like a cafeteria now and they have removed the bread from the menu, which we loved, I can make jambalaya at home myself and we will get our beignets at the fast serve counter. Just to top it off the music was just bland, certainly not jazz music. It is not worth the money anymore. Ralph Brennans has been on our must do at least once each visit for years, it’s sad to see that end.
That was good cheap bread. Yeah seems like I wont be going any more. I wish other would follow so disney would stop making DTD so boring looking.

This makes me so sad. We ate there for the first time during our trip last year and we were looking forward to dining there again next week.

I’m wondering now if I should try and snag an opening at Cafe Orleans instead. Would anyone recommend it over Jazz Kitchen?

Not the House of Mouse bullying Ralph Brennan's! that's wild. It shouldn't be a competition. Why can't there be both Creole themed inside and outside the park? Either way they're getting coins, just less coins now that they've gutted the Jazz Kitchen.

They really fudged up this 'upgrade'

A company known for immersive theming, under themes a restaurant as an upgrade? Make that make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter