• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's the thing - Leathergoods. The HM is basically a plastic purse!
How terrible is that I really didn't know that.This is my first expensive purse. I been using Cath Kidston for years, which is oil cloth and I only know that from the description.

I got mine back in less than 2 weeks. Good luck!

When did you send yours and did you send to dooney or disney? people on the FB groups are getting their bags returned back to them from dooney saying that can't help them and 'per disney' send it to them.

still available if anyone is interested: HM D&B Satchel and Weekender. I'm still waiting for the wallet to come out! Very hopeful.
upload_2015-4-6_8-46-47.png

Oh no... I bought the tote back in October. Mine isn't having the issues some of the others are having with the white corners, but what I REALLY wanted was a satchel! I just bought one!! It seems like a better size for an every day purse than the tote. Yay, I'm excited!!!

Last edited:

Looks like I'll try contacting Disney and see if they can replace my letter carrier if they're getting in the new ones.
Are you referring to the new styles of HM design? I hadn't heard they were getting new LC style - yet.

I called both disney and dooney today. Told disney about the letter dooney sent me saying to send to disney for credit. Manager had not heard of that. Surprise! I'm faxing her everything.

I got a little heated w dooney (apologized to the sweet boy trying to help me that I was not 'yelling' at him but upset w the mass confusion and poor product of his company). After speaking w his mgr he says they do not yet have a clear position on how this is being handled and that letter was sent by some other dept (can't recall who he said). He took all my info and will supposedly call me in the next few days.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the new styles of HM design? I hadn't heard they were getting new LC style - yet.

I called both disney and dooney today. Told disney about the letter dooney sent me saying to send to disney for credit. Manager had not heard of that. Surprise! I'm facing her everything.

I got s little heated w dooney (apologized to the sweet boy trying to help me that I was not 'yelling' at him but upset w the mass confusion and poor product of his company). After speaking w his mgr he says they do not yet have a clear position on how this is being handled and that letter was sent by some other dept (can't recsll who he said). He took all my info and will supposedly call me in the next few days.
Yeah, the new style that I posted a picture of a couple pages back that I found on a Facebook group. It's really frustrating that no one on either end knows a darn thing about well anything. :mad:

Yeah, the new style that I posted a picture of a couple pages back that I found on a Facebook group. It's really frustrating that no one on either end knows a darn thing about well anything. :mad:
I asked the first time I called dooney about that new letter Carrier w the corners. The agent told me it wasn't true? I told her a saw a photo on one of the several 'angry at dooney' fb pages that someone just received. She just ignored my comment.

I sent my bag to dooney with that photo you posted saying this was what I wanted to replace my defective bag.

Of course I got the letter just saying there was nothing they are going to do and to call disney.

I've got a case open w both companies but no hard contact at this point. Just agents taking my info.

I'm faxing (per disney request) my letter from dooney and the emails I've seen from other people from dooney stating "per disney...send it to them" To disney since they had no idea what I was talking about.

im not sure that new style is really a thing at this point. They may be working on it and just sent one out mistakenly.

I will specifically ask about it when I dpesk to someone next.

Last edited:
I asked the first time I called dooney about that new letter Carrier w the corners. The agent told me it wasn't true? I told her a saw a photo on one of the several 'angry at dooney' fb pages that someone just received. She just ignored my comment.

I sent my bag to dooney with that photo you posted saying this was what I wanted to replace my defective bag.

Of course I got the letter just saying there was nothing they are going to do and to call disney.

I've got a case open w both companies but no hard contact at this point. Just agents taking my info.

I'm faxing (per disney request) my letter from dooney and the emails I've seen from other people from dooney stating "per disney...send it to them" To disney since they had no idea what I was talking about.

im not sure that new style is really a thing at this point. They may be working on it and just sent one out mistakenly.

I will specifically ask about it when I dpesk to someone next.
They really are giving you the run around. I have not heard anything about my bag yet, but will keep you updated when I do.

Just found the weekender still availableimage.jpgI feel so bad so many people have had the flaking issue. I use mine virtually daily and it still looks almost brand new. I have about 10 of the Disney Dooneys and haven't had problems with any of them

Just found the weekender still availableView attachment 86860I feel so bad so many people have had the flaking issue. I use mine virtually daily and it still looks almost brand new. I have about 10 of the Disney Dooneys and haven't had problems with any of them

Which bag do you have? I'm glad you've had good luck. Such s shame because it's so pretty.

My sister and I both have the satchel

The HM satchel was just released this week. I'd hope you wouldnt have problems in that short of time. Do you mean another style - Smith maybe? Or do you have a HM design? You said you had many Dooney bags. I think it's the design of the pointy corners of the letter carrier that is so susceptible to damage the the dark print. I haven't heard of complaints really of anything but the letter carrier and small cross body ones getting the most white corners.

That was another question I had since this is my first Disney Dooney - how their other styles have held up. Good to know you haven't had problems with all of yours.

The HM satchel was just released this week. I'd hope you wouldnt have problems in that short of time. Do you mean another style - Smith maybe? Or do you have a HM design? You said you had many Dooney bags. I think it's the design of the pointy corners of the letter carrier that is so susceptible to damage the the dark print. I haven't heard of complaints really of anything but the letter carrier and small cross body ones getting the most white corners.

That was another question I had since this is my first Disney Dooney - how their other styles have held up. Good to know you haven't had problems with all of yours.

I have the smith bag. Bought it in May but didn't start using it til Nov. All 4 corners have the flaking. So it's not just the letter carrier.

You're right sorry we have the Smith bag... I work overnights and shouldn't answer questions 30 seconds after waking up in the afternoon

Almost 2 weeks and no response. I will be calling tomorrow. I missed out on the satchel because I wanted to sell my other HM bags before buying. I am bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter