New Freshman

Why yes, yes it is.

There's lots of Pokémon, Call of Duty, and late nights on Saturday (and Sunday...and Monday...and Tuesday...and well, you get the idea).

haha Phineas and Ferb FTW!!!!!!!

Oh wow. I remember when I was just starting high school. Now I'm a junior.

Oh wow. I remember when I was just starting high school. Now I'm a junior.

Same here, except I will be a senior in the fall.
I'm so excited.

To the freshman going into high school, HAVE FUN! Make the best out of your four years there.

Yup...:eek:
It's going waaayyy too fast!

College is probably the best thing EVER!! I'm addicted to it and I never want it to end!

Are you going to grad school?

I'm having to make the decision this semester if I want to do a program that will put me in a DCS job after graduation or if I want to work towards advance standing graduate school. AS is impossible to do if you have outside commitments. its 3 completely full semesters and you get an MSW in a year. So far, I'm torn down the middle. If I do the DCS program, I have a minimum 2 year obligation to DCS, if I don't I'm not sure what kind of job market I'll be looking at once I graduate with my MSW.

/word vomit.

Are you going to grad school?

I'm having to make the decision this semester if I want to do a program that will put me in a DCS job after graduation or if I want to work towards advance standing graduate school. AS is impossible to do if you have outside commitments. its 3 completely full semesters and you get an MSW in a year. So far, I'm torn down the middle. If I do the DCS program, I have a minimum 2 year obligation to DCS, if I don't I'm not sure what kind of job market I'll be looking at once I graduate with my MSW.

/word vomit.

Ugh..good luck with that decision!

I'm kinda in a similar situation. My school offers a 4+1 program, where I can stay there for another year and leave with my Masters degree. But I still have to decide whether I should do that or just go into the teacher profession with my BA and then go back to get my Masters in a few years. It really depends on the job market and how the economy is looking. For teachers who only have a BA, our starting salary is lower, so that might make me more marketable to places hiring. Maybe they can't afford to pay me a higher rate, which would be the case if I had my Masters, so it would broaden my area of prospective jobs.

I have to go out and talk to a couple schools/superintendents to see how they feel. That's just my logic, but I need a professional opinion before I make an decisions. I apply for the program my senior year, so I still have some time to think about it more.

I'm going to be a freshman in HS. I signed up for 2 honors classes, I'm going to do 2 sports, and I am scared to death!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Oh, and yearbook on top of that...

Ugh..good luck with that decision!

I'm kinda in a similar situation. My school offers a 4+1 program, where I can stay there for another year and leave with my Masters degree. But I still have to decide whether I should do that or just go into the teacher profession with my BA and then go back to get my Masters in a few years. It really depends on the job market and how the economy is looking. For teachers who only have a BA, our starting salary is lower, so that might make me more marketable to places hiring. Maybe they can't afford to pay me a higher rate, which would be the case if I had my Masters, so it would broaden my area of prospective jobs.

I have to go out and talk to a couple schools/superintendents to see how they feel. That's just my logic, but I need a professional opinion before I make an decisions. I apply for the program my senior year, so I still have some time to think about it more.

I have to have at least three semesters left to apply for the DCS program, so I need to decide one way or another pretty quickly. The thing about my university's AS program is that its not specialized. Its basically an extended general education. It wouldn't be like getting a clinically based masters (which would lead me towards basically either counseling or working in a hospital) its more general so I could really do anything with it. I just don't know what kind of field I want to work with yet.

I'm thinking about leaning towards the DCS program. The state of tennessee will pay for my masters degree if I'm working for them, so IN THEORY by the end of my two year obligation I could walk away with a masters that I got while working at DCS.

Its so confusing!

I have to have at least three semesters left to apply for the DCS program, so I need to decide one way or another pretty quickly. The thing about my university's AS program is that its not specialized. Its basically an extended general education. It wouldn't be like getting a clinically based masters (which would lead me towards basically either counseling or working in a hospital) its more general so I could really do anything with it. I just don't know what kind of field I want to work with yet.

I'm thinking about leaning towards the DCS program. The state of tennessee will pay for my masters degree if I'm working for them, so IN THEORY by the end of my two year obligation I could walk away with a masters that I got while working at DCS.

Its so confusing!

I couldn't agree more!!! :headache:

I was a freshman last year, some advice to upcoming freshman:
I'm going to be brutally honest with you, not gonna sugar coat it a bit, it's not exactly the bees knees. Okay, if you have older friends, that helps, but you can count on carrying all the gear if you're in a sport. Some older kids are jerks and will go out of their way to make your life miserable. Don't worry, it kind of toughens you up. I just sort of mentally callused myself through freshman year and none of the really bad stuff bothered me. Some of you popular kids might actually enjoy it too.

Don't worry too much though, survival rate is pretty high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter