New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

We're not going until November. I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting to see if they extend this!

I ended up booking today. We had a 40% off code, so that was good. I did talk to the cm and he said that as of now, there are no plans to offer the 40% military resort discount. But, we all know, that could change. Hope this helps!

This is just what I was waiting for. :cool1: So what if it isnt 5 days like last year. We only used 4 days anyway and added the water park option. We spent 10 days at Disney and loved it. :thumbsup2 The only difference this year is that now the veteran has to pay for their ticket. :mad: To all those veterans, thank you for your service. My husband loves when someone recognizes him. But I must say, I think they should open this to all prior military. My husband is 100% suffering from severe PTSD. It took the VA 7 years to rate him but they did. Keep on trying, one day they will recognize your husbands injuries and you will be compensated.

say tks to your husband for me. PTSD is not something to take lightly.

i know to many people who suffer from it and its not a pleasent adventure.

O.K., no offense here, but why would someone from another country who has served in their military think that the discount would apply to them. We have traveled all over the world and have never expected a foreign countries discount to apply to us. Just wondering.

I think I can shed some light on this.

There is historical precedent for this - in years past Disney DID extend Military discounts to members of armed forces of countries of the 'Coalition' working in Afghanistan after 9-11.

Disney has also extended Canadian Military Discounts on a few occasions prior to 9-11 ... so it's not completely unheard of ..

Thanks,

Knox

I was told that at this time Disney is not allowing you to book a room and dining package (with no tickets). Last year, we were able to book the room and dining and then buy our tickets when we got there. Hopefully they'll do this again, because I'd like to go in late April, but I really wanted to be able to book a room and dining and not just a room.

and once again us Canadian's that serve are getting screwed on this.

tks Disney

Don't feel bad my husband seved 8 years for america(not canada) was attacked in Iraq, almost died, was shot and could not continue service because of the injury. We are not eligable either! We can't even stay at shades of green!

Im disappointed that, once again, it appears that WDW is shutting out all those who served honorably but didn't retire from the military:rolleyes1. DCL's policy is just as restictive. IMO, doesn't make sense when other cruiselines (NCL, Carnival) offer discounted fares to those who can provide a DD214.:headache:Many cruiselines offer police/teacher/EMT-Fireman discounts too.

fyi, unless SOG has changed their policy, you should be able to book a room by calling the number listed on their website with documentation of service. Last time i checked any honorably discharged military can book in Sept or January, subject to availability.:wizard:

I was told that at this time Disney is not allowing you to book a room and dining package (with no tickets). Last year, we were able to book the room and dining and then buy our tickets when we got there. Hopefully they'll do this again, because I'd like to go in late April, but I really wanted to be able to book a room and dining and not just a room.

Oh man, this is exactly what I was wondering about. I'm with you, I hope they allow us to add the dining to a room without tickets. Let's hope they change their minds. :)

My son was told for his birthday he could take one friend to Disney, now he wants to take 3! So the question is, if one of the kids is a military dependant ( dad retired) , and the family does not plan to use their tickets this year, can we use his ID to buy 3 tickets?

When we take a friend we pay for everything. So the cost differnce on the 3 tickets would be great. My son and I have passes already, so I really just need the tickets for the 3 teen boys.

My son was told for his birthday he could take one friend to Disney, now he wants to take 3! So the question is, if one of the kids is a military dependant ( dad retired) , and the family does not plan to use their tickets this year, can we use his ID to buy 3 tickets?

When we take a friend we pay for everything. So the cost differnce on the 3 tickets would be great. My son and I have passes already, so I really just need the tickets for the 3 teen boys.

If the teen has a valid military ID then chances are they could activate the tickets. (but I would maybe call just to make sure)
The dad might have to go and purchase the tickets at their local base, and then you would activate the vouchers at the parks, but I don't know that for sure. Maybe call Disney or SOG and ask if a minor with a dependent ID can purchase/activate tickets with out the sponsor present.

Sorry, but I do not believe that you can do that since ONLY the active-duty/retired service member or the spouse can purchase the tix and exchange the vouchers at WDW.

According to Mousesavers:

If the service member is not present, the spouse or unremarried widow may purchase up to five tickets during the validity period.

Mousesavers recommends waiting until after Jan. 3rd to call SOG with any questions.

What about the families that have more than 1 military id? My brother-in-law is in the military. Both him and his wife have military id's for the base. Can they get a total of 10 tickets? Thier id's are the same.

What about the families that have more than 1 military id? My brother-in-law is in the military. Both him and his wife have military id's for the base. Can they get a total of 10 tickets? Thier id's are the same.
If by "more than one ID" you mean, both your BIL AND your sister are on active-duty and/or retired, then I'm not certain. I looked again at the rules, and it doesn't stipulate that the offer is "per family". It only mentions that up to 6 tix (one for the sponsor and up to 5 for family/friends) can be purchased by the active/retired military sponsor. I would think that it would be per family, but I would defer your question to SOG if another poster doesn't answer your question.

Will U.S. Service Academy cadets be eligible for this program? They have a CAC card and active id. Hoping we get good news!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is his wife active duty or retired military? If she is not and only has a dependent ID card, then, no, they can not get 10 tickets. My husband is retired military and I have an ID for the base. It is a dependent ID and I can not get 5 additional tickets on top of what my husband can get. It would be nice though! :) I am assuming if she is active duty or retired, then she can get a ticket for herself and 5 others. Not 100% sure, though.

Will U.S. Service Academy cadets be eligible for this program? They have a CAC card and active id. Hoping we get good news!
Good question.

If their status is listed as "active" or "active-duty" on their ID card, then, yes, they are eligible. I do know for those attending OCS or OTS (which is only about 12 weeks), they are considered active-duty. But, I don't know what the ID card status is for a 4-year service academy cadet.

I'll ask to find out what it states but I think it lists it as active. I think for rank it says something like cadet.

I'll ask to find out what it states but I think it lists it as active. I think for rank it says something like cadet.
The rank doesn't matter, just that it states "active" or "active-duty" on their ID card.

I hope it works-out for you. Good luck!

I think that you (Cadet), are ok. I am a student in the inactive reserves (medical school program), but I am activated 30 days out of the year for training at a military hospital. WDW accepted my ID last year for the discount every time, and I had been activated, so I qualified, but they did not ask for my papers. My hubby was a Cadet (USAFA) in another "lifetime" and he got all the discounts as a cadet, so I think you would probably qualify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter