New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

1/3-7/31/2010 For purchase. (Use through 9/30)

Special Offer:

Active and Retired U.S. Military, also includes members of the U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists. You may purchase a 4 Day Base ticket for $99. If you would like to add the Park hopper option and Water Park Fun & More option is about for $25 plus tax per person. Military personnel can purchase one for themselves and up to 5 family members or friends.

If active US military members are unable to come to Walt Disney World their spouses may purchase the tickets for up to 5 family members or friends. They will need to provide valid military ID to purchase the tickets.
Tickets must be purchased at the theme park ticket windows. They are not available online or by phone or at the resorts.

These tickets are valid until 9/30/2010. Block out dates 3/27- 4/9/2010 All locations. 7/3-4/2010 Magic Kingdom only.

These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes.

Active or Retired Military must show a valid United States Military ID card. Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present their orders in addition to a Military ID card.

From www.mousesavers.com:

2010 Special Ticket Offer for Military

From January 3 - July 31, 2010, active or retired US military personnel may purchase up to a maximum of six 4-Day Base Tickets (which provide access to one theme park per day, no hopping) for $99 per ticket, plus tax, to be used by themselves, family members (including spouse) or friends. These tickets will be valid through September 30, 2010 or until all entitlements on the tickets have been used, whichever comes first. There are block-out dates (when the military tickets are not valid) of March 27 - April 9, 2010 at all four theme parks, and July 3-4, 2010 at Magic Kingdom only.

Although these tickets do not include either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More options, they can be upgraded to add either option, or both, for an additional $25, plus tax, per option (half the regular price).

How to Get the Tickets:

Beginning January 3, 2010, guests can pre-purchase the tickets (in the form of an exchange voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base, TAX-FREE! The exchange voucher is then taken to a Main Entrance theme park ticket window, where it is exchanged for the actual ticket. The military tickets can also be purchased at the Main Entrance theme park ticket windows beginning January 3, but if you do this, you must pay tax.

Rules:

These tickets are for active and retired US Military including Coast Guard and active members of the Reserves or National Guard, and permanently disabled veterans with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

If the service member is not present, the spouse or unremarried widow may purchase up to five tickets during the validity period.

The tickets may be upgraded to Seasonal (for Florida Residents) or Annual Passes, with credit toward the upgrade based on the actual price paid.

No Expiration Option cannot be added to these tickets. No other upgrades, such as adding additional days, will be available.

Tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days.

This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

Where to Ask Questions:

If you have questions about this promotion, I strongly recommend that you wait until January 3, 2010 and then call Shades of Green directly and ask them. They seem to have the best handle on all the various issues involved with the military tickets.

Man... I saw a partial title of this post and thought it was an announcement for a room discount for military personnel. I already know about the tickets, but if they don't offer a room discount, then we can't get the Dining plan, which will reduce the potential of my DH letting me plan a trip.

Man... I saw a partial title of this post and thought it was an announcement for a room discount for military personnel. I already know about the tickets, but if they don't offer a room discount, then we can't get the Dining plan, which will reduce the potential of my DH letting me plan a trip.
And... the tickets are only good for 4 days. If you could purchase 2 sets of tickets which would then be good for 8 days, then this makes more sense. As it is, do many people only go for 4 days?

If we went, we probably would only go for four days...well 4 full days. I just want a Disney fix before we leave for Korea in September, and this would be the only way I could get it.
It may not be a possibility though, because we were planning on going to see my sister during the time period that I am now earmarking for Disney.
It may be possible that we could combine both...like stop by to see her on the way there and back, or convince her to come with us (this probably won't happen, but who knows).
I'm torn, because I want to see my sister, but I also want to go to Disney again.

Ah, Korea. Our daughter was born there when we were stationed at Yongsan.

Sounds like you'll just have to bring your sister to WDW!

We have a friend in the military that can buy the tickets on base but would he have to come with us to use the tickets. I know the rules state the military member can buy for family and friends but what if he cannot come with? Thanks ahead of time. :confused3

If someone in the party has a military ID, then it should be fine...I think.

I'm having mixed feelings about Korea. While I'm excited about the opportunity, I'm very nervous about it as well. I've lived overseas before, but never for that long of a time. I do think some things will be easier, because we'll have access to military resources. However, I'm due to have my first child in August, which is a month before my husband is supposed to report. That's another reason why I'm anxious to do Disney again kind of as a Babymoon.
Now there's always the chance that they could change their minds, but then again one of the perks of going to Korea is we've been told he's non-deployable while we're there. I would much rather spend 2 years in a foreign country with my husband, than spend who knows how long without him.

Yes, you must have a military member travel with you. This is a military promo for military people to travel with family and friends. Not just for military members to buy and give to friends. Hope this helps clarify for you.

If you did this is 2009, can you do it again in 2010? Sorry if this question has been answered already. Thanks!

So if I buy the 4 day tickets and the water park option I can go to the parks for four days and two days for water parks and eek out 6 days for about $150 a person right? Any word on if they will let us buy the dining plan with the military tickets like last year?

We have a friend in the military that can buy the tickets on base but would he have to come with us to use the tickets. I know the rules state the military member can buy for family and friends but what if he cannot come with? Thanks ahead of time. :confused3

You have to have someone with you who has a valid military ID when you activate the tickets at the park.

Don't feel bad my husband seved 8 years for america(not canada) was attacked in Iraq, almost died, was shot and could not continue service because of the injury. We are not eligable either! We can't even stay at shades of green!

Don't feel bad my husband seved 8 years for america(not canada) was attacked in Iraq, almost died, was shot and could not continue service because of the injury. We are not eligable either! We can't even stay at shades of green!

We are in the same boat. DH was in the Marine Corps. He is now a police officer so he is still serving our country. Kind of sad for those that have served and do not have the option of purchasing the tickets for their family. I just wish his friend could go ahead and get the tickets for us. He has no interest in Disney and says he would have no problem getting them for us. :(

Can someone let me know if I am understanding this deal correctly?? I am getting the 4 days for $99:cool1: Then, if I pay for the upgrade I can get the waterpark fun & more for $25. If I am at WDW for 5 days and I do 4 days of parks can I use my water park fun and more option on the 5th day to go to a water park and/or Disney Quest???

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

O.K., no offense here, but why would someone from another country who has served in their military think that the discount would apply to them. We have traveled all over the world and have never expected a foreign countries discount to apply to us. Just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter