• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Figment Meet & Greet

I assume that there is no Genie+/Lightning Lane option for the Figment M&G? Any chances they'll add it?

The good news is that I didn't see any stories about long waits. The bad news is that all the stories were about Figment tripping as he made it out of the entrance. Twice.
I saw those too. Poor Figgy. I hope the re-evaluate his entrance today, maybe walk slower with a handler in tow?

Honestly I think they got Figment all wrong. It should have been a much smaller character. We loved meeting Figment with Dreamfinder back in the day. They made the new Figment as big and clumsy as Barney. Very odd.

Honestly I think they got Figment all wrong. It should have been a much smaller character. We loved meeting Figment with Dreamfinder back in the day. They made the new Figment as big and clumsy as Barney. Very odd.
Maybe if Disney could get Peter Dinklage under contract to play the character...otherwise they would have to get a very small person to be a "friend" of Figment. When I worked at the World it was usually a very small petite Asian girl who was a friend of Mickey.

I’m assuming waits were long the first day because everyone wanted to be “first”. We haven’t had a new character offering in awhile so people are excited.

Why I think this meet and greet became overhyped was simply because I think Epcot is planning some new attraction or new cartoon series with Figment and they wanted to bring back Figment for a new generation of fans. Because the way I see it I've never ever seen so many excited people over a meet and greet with a Disney character as much as I have with Figment. I've seen people get very excited when they meet sports stars and Hollywood celebrities but rarely a Disney character and I can't figure out why they do this? I mean Figment is silent like Black Bolt and only moves his hands and arms for hugs. If Disney had made a talking version of Figment the crowd of people would've gone wild over meeting him. But what I think Figment is mainly there is to promote his anniversary and I can guarantee Epcot will retire him after Christmas or he will be rare to find in Epcot as time goes by

Has anyone been recently? I’d like to know how wait times have been these last few days.

My unpopular thought is they should have at least 2 Figments for a M&G. If they are in different rooms, how would anyone even know??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter