• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have even opted to take the express bus to MK and then walk out to get the boat vs walking to the WL bus stop. We decided an unknown wait for a boat was preferable to an unknown wait for a bus. Mostly because we find boats run more often. We've been quite lucky in that we've had a boat pulling up each time as we got to the dock

We did this in February. There are also benches that are usually in the shade at the boat launch. We would stop and grab a snack, eat on the way out and while waiting for the boat. It worked awesome...Much better than going out to catch the WL bus at Epcot.

I am not sure if this is in here somewhere, but i am wondering what time do the buses start running? Say we are at MK for an early 7 park opening and want to leave by 9 to get to epcot for opening? Do they start running that early?

Express transportation is available each day from 10:00 AM until park closing.

Could someone advise if this is correct - we are planning to express to MK (open til 11 pm) after Epcot closes. Do we need to be on an express bus 10 min after 9? Therefore, no Illuminations?

Thank you!

I think this service will be awesome! We PH all the time, and this will just make it that much easier. Will be trying it out in July. I'm sure by then we'll have more and more info from folks at they try it out.

What is everyone's opinion on the longevity of this service? I'll be going the first week of December this year and trying to get a plan down. I don't want to plan around a service that may not even be around anymore.

What is everyone's opinion on the longevity of this service? I'll be going the first week of December this year and trying to get a plan down. I don't want to plan around a service that may not even be around anymore.
It seemed fairly solid, then Disney announced their "Uber like" service is coming soon. While I see that service and the Express bus as complementary and personally I would probably take advantage of both I worry Disney will see the Express bus as taking business away from the Uber style system.

It seemed fairly solid, then Disney announced their "Uber like" service is coming soon. While I see that service and the Express bus as complementary and personally I would probably take advantage of both I worry Disney will see the Express bus as taking business away from the Uber style system.
My gut says it stays around too.
The usage is rising, not dropping. We saw others using is every time we walked past a check in point. Most of the time we even had 2, 3 other groups in front of us to check in. There seemed to be guests going to other parks each time too.

As for the Uber service with Disney I don't think it will replace this one. This one's main draw is skipping lines/security. Their Uber like service will not offer that. This will be in addition to that service. Their Uber service will fill the need for a resort to resort service, where the Express bus is a park to park service so similar service but different target audience. Like you, we'd use both. I think most who would use the Express bus would too. But I wouldn't use the Uber service for park to park. I'd just use regular buses if I had to walk all the way out anyway. So in that light, they loose money by keeping only one. So I see both sticking around. At least as long as usage continues to grow. If it drops that would be when it's in danger

So, I just wanted to share my general experiences. I was there last week with my two sisters - only two of us chose to use the service, as my other sister isn't much of a ride person and chose to start her pool time earlier... First, I have traveled the third week of April 3 years in a row, the previous two times with my family. I thought it would be busier this year, due to Easter, but it didn't feel busier. If anything, the crowds felt lighter and I felt like there was more availability for "good" FPs later in the day. I don't know if it was due to longer Easter hours or what, but just wanted to say that since the FPs were kind of driving what we did, so not sure how it would change during a busier time like Christmas or whatnot.

I understand why people might feel like it's difficult to deal with the schedule when there are unforeseen delays (as there always are!) but we loved just knowing the schedule and being able to plan/decide our next move with that in mind. There wasn't that feeling of - hey, if I go to the restroom or into that store, will I just miss the bus and half to wait? If we had a delay or a better option, we just planned for the next one or reassessed, but we didn't feel like we were wasting time, if that makes sense. I also don't know if I'd spring for it with my whole family - not so bad when you're just paying for yourself - it would only be worth it if my kids had the stamina to go to the next park, since no matter what you do, you're adding a bit of time. Normally we're a mid-day pool break family, but as the kids get older that will probably evolve.

So anyway, we spent two mornings at MK and did our first three FPs there. I was able to get Rock N Rollercoaster FPs both days right during lunch (around noon) for the 1-2 range, so it made hopping very easy and worthwhile for us, as we had used our Tier 1 HS for Toy Story. On one of the days, we then got a Great Movie Ride, then a Soarin' so we decided to hop to Epcot. The other day I think we just did the RNRC and went back to the resort. I feel like we used it 4xs (including twice one day), but I'm drawing a blank on the other time...in any case, I felt like it added to our spontaneity, but that may not be the case during a peak week or if you have a larger party...

The CMs I spoke with last week about this (we chatted every time, and constantly praised how awesome this service is) said that they're still really keeping it on the DL in terms of advertising. It's very minimal at this point, and info is out there and available but not being pushed. This is because WDW is hoping to make it completely seamless and get all the bugs out of the system before it gets very very popular. It sounded like they're really trying to take it step by step, and so far I'd agree it's going in the right direction; look where it started and how much more amazing it is now!

The CMs I spoke with last week about this (we chatted every time, and constantly praised how awesome this service is) said that they're still really keeping it on the DL in terms of advertising. It's very minimal at this point, and info is out there and available but not being pushed. This is because WDW is hoping to make it completely seamless and get all the bugs out of the system before it gets very very popular. It sounded like they're really trying to take it step by step, and so far I'd agree it's going in the right direction; look where it started and how much more amazing it is now!

I meant to mention that as I had seen a previous question about it's popularity, etc. The CMs we spoke to said that same thing - they're not doing a lot of advertising at this point while they're testing it and working things out, to (hopefully) avoid some of the possible growing pains.

I wonder whether the experience will be as positive when/if they really push this service... ...

It just occurred to me that many times the Express ride from park to park does not take as long as walking from attraction to attraction, within a park. So, combining FP with the bus ride can actually be a major time saver in general, not just saving time over using the regular park buses or driving your vehicle!

It just occurred to me that many times the Express ride from park to park does not take as long as walking from attraction to attraction, within a park. So, combining FP with the bus ride can actually be a major time saver in general, not just saving time over using the regular park buses or driving your vehicle!

On one of our express trips, we got the FP for RNRC while we were finishing lunch at the Plaza, so we walked from there into Tomorrowland, jumped on the bus and there we were! Our other sister that had gone directly back to the hotel to nap had hoped it would take us longer to return!

We plan to use the express to hop back and forth from HS to Epcot one day to watch the new Pixar show. How long does it take to get to HS from Epcot on the express bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter