• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI. Tonight's express bus ride was our longest time wise. Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom took 25 minutes, bus entry to MK entry at Tomorrowland. There were 11 riders in this final bus of the night from AK at closing time, 7:00.

FYI. Tonight's express bus ride was our longest time wise. Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom took 25 minutes, bus entry to MK entry at Tomorrowland. There were 11 riders in this final bus of the night from AK at closing time, 7:00.
And the longer travel time was due to heavy traffic around MK.

My CM friend exited from the MK CM Parking and it took her over 30 minutes to travel and exit WDW property near AK and make it to Target on 192.

Has anyone done HS to Epcot or vice versa? I'm curious if it's faster than the rather leisurely pace of the Friendship boat?

Did HS to EPCOT yesterday. We arrived at the pickup location right after a bus had departed so we waited about 25 minutes. I timed the ride and it took right at 20 minutes. This was around shift change time so our driver had to wait for some traffic backstage at HS. Once on the road it was a cakewalk.

I believe it was every 30. So it would come at 12:30 then again at 1:00. I did that one yesterday. Today was AK to Epcot which was 20 and 50.
Time as in length of time to get between the two parks. Probably much faster than the boat and security?

Good to know! So far, I've been thinking about this feature more in terms of my group travel- both with my upcoming sister trip and future family trips. But today I've been thinking about how much of a game changer it could be when I want to Lone Wolf....usually with my husband and kids, they're ready for pool time sooner than I am, but I don't want to miss ALL the pool time - this opens up more options...and with my sisters, there are things they're not interested in that I want to do (roller coasters, Star Wars related things...) - if this is still around it will make things easier...

You are probably right, although you're not exactly comparing apples to apples. You are picking two locales, both next to the express pick up point yet furthest from the gate. What if you were doing things near the front gates? Now the walk time is somewhat evened out.
In addition, you are assuming the express bus is right there waiting for you. What if you're ready to go but the bus just left? Add another 1/2 hour for express transportation?

MG

But the only one that is near the entrance is Spaceship Earth at EP, so the walking distance does figure in unless you're planning your days to be near the entrance when you're ready to exit. As to the timing, you stop and get a schedule when you arrive, so there's no guessing and no waiting. That's the beauty of it. If you're headed to the parking lot, and you parked far away, you may have to wait on the tram to take you to your car. That's even more time you have to at least consider if you're driving.

So it seems that everyone feels this is a time saver and worth the money. Pretty cool they give you departure times too.
Maybe I overlooked it but is there a way to sign up in advance or do you have to do it at the park?
If at the park, where are they doing it?

So it seems that everyone feels this is a time saver and worth the money. Pretty cool they give you departure times too.
Maybe I overlooked it but is there a way to sign up in advance or do you have to do it at the park?
If at the park, where are they doing it?
Some locations are listed in Post #1. They include:
Purchase when buying your park tickets
Guest Relations
Ticket Booth
Kiosk near Bus Loading area inside the park
Front Desk of resort

But the only one that is near the entrance is Spaceship Earth at EP, so the walking distance does figure in unless you're planning your days to be near the entrance when you're ready to exit. As to the timing, you stop and get a schedule when you arrive, so there's no guessing and no waiting. That's the beauty of it. If you're headed to the parking lot, and you parked far away, you may have to wait on the tram to take you to your car. That's even more time you have to at least consider if you're driving.
However.... if you are shopping at DHS and trying to make a Tony's ADR at MK...

The schedule is important... *IF* you can time everything precisely. Can you say what time, to the minute, you'll be exiting Space Mountain?

No doubt it will save time overall. I just think that the savings may be a bit overstated.

MG

We'll use it for sure as well if it's still there in June. Fingers crossed! There are 30 of us so I'm hoping park hopping will be easier.

If the service becomes popular, I'm thinking all 30 of you may not get on the same bus, but supposedly they'll call for another one.

If the service becomes popular, I'm thinking all 30 of you may not get on the same bus, but supposedly they'll call for another one.
I'm pretty sure Disney buses can carry more than 30 people at a time. I believe, and by looking at pictures of the interior they have seating for 35 and then everyone they fit standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter