New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I don't mean this negatively just trying to decide what to do. We will be going from AK to Epcot. Only time I expect to hop. So it's $19 per person and you skip security in park 2. Uber is less then $10 for family but you have to deal with security again. Is it really worth $80? Is there more of a benefit then skipping security?

It's also a little faster than the regular park-to-park buses as it is on a schedule, so you can know when the bus is leaving and plan accordingly.

With that said, it would not be worth it to me for just ONE hop. I would take the regular buses for FREE. There's really no reason to even use Uber unless you just don't like buses.

It's also a little faster than the regular park-to-park buses as it is on a schedule, so you can know when the bus is leaving and plan accordingly.

With that said, it would not be worth it to me for just ONE hop. I would take the regular buses for FREE. There's really no reason to even use Uber unless you just don't like buses.

The one day price is ridiculous. The $29 spread over 7 days isn't bad. Just like I wouldn't buy a drink mug for one day.

The fact that it is so on schedule is something I like. We missed the Epcot bus by about 12 secs. So we headed back to a bench and had a snack. I knew another bus would come in 30 mins. None of this "while waiting for AK bus, 4 MK buses came by " situation.

We did one day of hopping, but when it was $15. We also hopped 3 times, so it made a little more sense. It was our last day in the parks and we had things we wanted to get done in each one, so we used the Express Bus. Worked for us in that instance.

Saved it as my lock screen. Ready to roll.

On a side note as I count down the last few days before my trip, a big thanks to AngiTN for her constant presence here and the wealth of information she has provided. Bravo!
Glad to help. This is just the greatest service .I want everyone to live it so it continues. I hope you have as much fun on your trip as we did ours. We just moved over to universal today.

The one day price is ridiculous. The $29 spread over 7 days isn't bad. Just like I wouldn't buy a drink mug for one day.

The fact that it is so on schedule is something I like. We missed the Epcot bus by about 12 secs. So we headed back to a bench and had a snack. I knew another bus would come in 30 mins. None of this "while waiting for AK bus, 4 MK buses came by " situation.
Were there any capacity issues in your experience? We are planning a trip the first week of Sept (our first with park hoppers in many years) and I am wondering if there will be times those express buses will fill up.

Were there any capacity issues in your experience? We are planning a trip the first week of Sept (our first with park hoppers in many years) and I am wondering if there will be times those express buses will fill up.

I've been keeping up with this thread since it first opened, and I don't think there has been even ONE report of a full bus yet. You'll have no problem the first week of Sept.

For one single hop, okay. But every time you use the Express that day, the cost per ride drops.

Yes that's true, but it's one of those things that I wouldn't do. Maybe if I was 30 years younger and did a 15 hour day going to all the parks , from earliest opening to latest closing, the express bus would probably save about 3 hours in "normal" hopping.

I remember for my 50th birthday we did all four parks. I was dragging my DH by the end of the day, but we did it. That was when the parks still had a different birthday button for each park. I wanted each one. One of my best days ever at disney.

Sorry I forgot to screen shot the schedule when I saw it...does anyone know the page it's on?

Glad to help. This is just the greatest service .I want everyone to live it so it continues. I hope you have as much fun on your trip as we did ours. We just moved over to universal today.
We are making it a "Must do" for our trip. It will be hot, so the less walking and waiting or having to go through security (with little ones and strollers) the better.

Do you all know about this? I can't get it to copy and paste. AP holders sign into your My Disney Experience, and click on Annual Passholders, then pick View Passholders Extras. Top of the page. Special $59 Express Transportation Summer Pass will be sold from June 5 to July 31. Applicable annual passes must be valid for admission to all 4 theme parks on all dates between June 5 and August 10.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/specials/

Oops, just saw rteetz posted about it.

Do you all know about this? I can't get it to copy and paste. AP holders sign into your My Disney Experience, and click on Annual Passholders, then pick View Passholders Extras. Top of the page. Special $59 Express Transportation Summer Pass will be sold from June 5 to July 31. Applicable annual passes must be valid for admission to all 4 theme parks on all dates between June 5 and August 10.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/specials/

Oops, just saw rteetz posted about it.
thanks for posting, adding it to the 1st page for easy access

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter