New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

I came across a card (and pin) I received after completing one year of service with The Walt Disney Company (Disney Store to be exact). It echos what Tara wrote in a previous post. It took everybody that attended to make the event a success. Especially on a holiday weekend.

"The whole thing here is the organization. Whatever we accomplish belongs to our entire group, a tribute to our combined effort. I feel there is no door which, with the kind of talent we have here, cannot be opened." Walt Disney

I think this is true of the entire DIS community.

I remember seeing the people arrive and thinking "Oh good they should make their goal of $5,000". Well what the heck do I know!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.. as you can imagine I have been recovering and enjoying the rest of the weekend with my family. I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words. Each person who attended helped us raise over $10,000 and you should all be proud of the work you have done. I had a great team of Divas, Kristin (BornTeach), Erika (Eduke98080) and her family (Tom, Victoria & Jason), Kim J (mejkjj97) , Kim D (Jacksmom99), Bill (Billtm), Brian & Tracey (doconeill & tigger813) and Mike (Buzz31) who worked so hard to make this vision a reality. There hard work and dedication to this cause is amazing. Bill said it in the begining "One Team, Same Dream" and that is what we were!!

This event would not have possible without all of you being there, all of you writing checks and without the support of Pete, Walter and Kathy. I know you all had fun but I also know the Podcast team is what got you there. When they said they were coming I was in just as much shock as all of you.

I think we met two goals though.. we raised A LOT of money for GKTW and we got a lot of people out of their comfort zone and they met some new friends. I have seen the friendships form on the boards over the last few days and everyone seems to have some new FB friends. I will be mailing GKTW a lot of money tomorrow thanks to A LOT of people and I cannot wait to get to know many of you more as time goes on.

So my only question is how are we going to top it.. what are we going to do next? We still have $950,000 to make it to 1 Million!!

Pan-Mass challenge ??

I want to thank Tara and the Diva helpers and the PC team for all they did for this event. It was a wonderful day! A much needed distraction for me, it's been a tough time these days. Also missing my baby girl and although our DD couldn't be there, she was paid for and there at heart. We told her all about it and she was thrilled to hear of the success of over 10,000.00!!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

I am glad we all met new friends and so happy to know GKTW has more support coming their way.... Tara and every one of the helpers, contributors, supporters who helped and/or attended - YOU ALL ROCK!!!!:) We all need eachother, and that is what makes the DIS so special!!!!

I have pictures of the event to post too :)

p.s. Pete and Walter thanks for your kind words to Khalee, she will be so suprised and will LOVE it when she gets it :)

Great great time and great great job by Tara and her crew! Shanny McB and I had the pleasure of actually sitting with one of the kids and his family who went to Give Kids The World. Got to learn more about it. Just amazing! We enjoyed being at our first Dis Event!

Me and the kids had a great time at the event, and my daughter is thrilled she won a snow globe!!!!

Hey all! I know I'm a week late, but we left from the movie to go to a week in Cape Cod and just got home. My little boys loved the movie (my youngest so much, he fell asleep during the last 15 minutes or so!) and I was so glad I got to attend such a special event. I'm sad I didn't get to the BBQ, but DH was worried about traffic to the Cape (rightly so, I'm afraid). Anyway, I didn't really get to talk to many people, but it was just fun being in a theater filled with Disney fans and doing something so good. Great job to all involved, I can't believe how much money was raised!

Maybe I missed it someplace, but is there a list of the various silent auction items and what they went for?

I will post it tonight Jeff

Thanks Tara. I'm just curious about what some of the items went for. I was chatting with a friend last night who wondered how much the Tom Brady autographed football went for. That lead to my curiosity about some of the other items.

Here are the Auction Items

1 A Photo Walk with Kathy $300
1 B Photo Walk with Kathy $350
2 A Dining Review W/ Kevin & John $715
2 B Dining Review W/ Kevin & John $750
3 Sharks Tickets & Signed Puck $70
4 Sports Team Rug $100
5 Pre Season Pats Tickets $75
6 Signed Tom Brady Football $200
7 Red Sox Tickets $150
8 One World Cusine Gift Certificates $30
9 Boston Market Chicken for a year $100
10 Cars 2 Movie Poster Signed by team $100
11 Cars 2 Movie Sign Signed by team $75
12 DisneyAnna Basket $150
13 Mickey Earings $110
14 Tom Hanks Basket $150
15 25th Anv Plates $75
16 Collector Bears $30
17 Signed Charlie Ridgeway Book $50
18 Vera Bradley Set $85
19 Comcast Sports Net Tour $140
20 A Custom Mailbox $55
20 B Custom Mailbox $50
21 Koss Photography $50
22 Epic mickey $55
23 Blu Ray DVD $40
24 Vintage Disney Toys $30
25 Disneyland Figurines $60
26 Hockey Sticks $150
27 Hockey pucks (1) $126
28 Hockey Pucks (2) $175

:cool1::cool1:Totaling $4596!!!!:cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter