• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC Ticket Offer.

Don't forget about Annual Water Park passes either. $110 for one year. It makes it cheaper to buy a Gold with the water park pass and not the Platinum Plus.

It also says must be used within 14 days of first use. I'm betting this is a case of mistaken identity that they've bled the new MYW DVC pass restrictions into the Gold Pass and that they will be available for purchase by DVC members after 31 March.

I know that makes no sense. I have a contact in tickets. Will email them tomorrow and let them know that needs fixing.

I know that makes no sense. I have a contact in tickets. Will email them tomorrow and let them know that needs fixing.
I had emailed DVC maybe a week ago about some of these questions but figured I must have gotten lost in the system. They gave me a full spiel about both the passes and special tickets, it clearly says the 3/31 deadline for for tickets but none for the passes and as worded I'm sure I'd be there if applicable. It includes the info about members of the household that are family in the passes but not the tickets as well.

The weird thing is if you check any of the annual passes as DVC, they all have that date restriction of 3/31/16. If you check those annual passes for nonDVC that restriction disappears.

Can someone with a current AP check to see what it says for Annual Passholders, is it giving you the date restriction too. Mine expired in Dec. so I can't check.

The weird thing is if you check any of the annual passes as DVC, they all have that date restriction of 3/31/16. If you check those annual passes for nonDVC that restriction disappears.

Can someone with a current AP check to see what it says for Annual Passholders, is it giving you the date restriction too. Mine expired in Dec. so I can't check.
From the AP/DVC site:
Ticket Use

This promotional ticket must be purchased by March 31, 2016. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up a maximum of 8 tickets or passes.

But the Gold Pass doesn't need to be used within 14 days of first use. This has got to be a mistake.

If one looks at the info page for APs on the website there is no mention of the Mar date. As I said, MS confirmed the only thing that had a purchase by date is the Anniversary ticket special.

If one looks at the info page for APs on the website there is no mention of the Mar date. As I said, MS confirmed the only thing that had a purchase by date is the Anniversary ticket special.
When you click on the purchase link. that's where I found the March 31 date. Where you select how many you want, etc.

When you click on the purchase link. that's where I found the March 31 date. Where you select how many you want, etc.

Yes, it's there for the tickets. But I just looked and didn't see it when on the AP page. The regular ticket link included some slightly confusing restrictions for FL tickets even though at the top of the page it said I'd need to set up my profile to seep ant FL ticket info.

Thanks fo checking and verifying that I am not crazy guys.

From the AP/DVC site:

But the Gold Pass doesn't need to be used within 14 days of first use. This has got to be a mistake.

As I am still trying to close my initial contract so I cannot access the web site, can I ask the details of "This promotional ticket must be purchased by March 31, 2016" for DVC ?

I don't think it is that great of a deal. Not to confuse things further but I actually bought two 6 day PH while I was at WDW in November. I usually buy my tix from UT or more recently buy AP's. BUT I had anew discover card and there was a promotion for using apple pay with discover for 20% cash back, so I bought the tickets in person using apple pay. Then when I went back last month, I went to guest services and asked if I could get the DVC member promtion in those tickets. I was able to get my two tickets exchanged for two more that an extra day was added plus waterparks! Made me wish I had bought a few more in November, but I too, have a few stored away that I have bought in the past from UT before price increases. I have two physical cards. I have not linked them to MDE. But I did get them in person.

As I am still trying to close my initial contract so I cannot access the web site, can I ask the details of "This promotional ticket must be purchased by March 31, 2016" for DVC ?
If you look at the prices for UT for Magic Your Way base tickets and for MYW tickets with all the bells and whistles you'll be pretty close. The DVC tickets are a little cheaper when you add the minor parks and park hopper and you can't get either of those options separately with the DVC special tickets but can with UT. There's no great savings but every little bit can be helpful.

If you buy at least 4 days you'll get an extra day free. If you add the Park Hopper option to any ticket you'll get the Water Park and More for free. Unless you do want the Water Park and More option Under Cover Tourist prices are a bit better, at least in the 5 to 6 day range. I did not look at other lengths of time.

According to MS the info on the Gold Annual Pass should have only been shared to the Anniversary offer ticket. It is a mistake and they will try to get it off.

One other possible small savings for the DVC ticket special over UT is that you can buy discounted Disney gift cards (e.g. at Target with Target card for 5% off) and combine them into one or two gift cards at DisneyGiftCard.com. Then you can use the gift card to buy the DVC tickets through member services or at a park. (I don't think you can use the gift card to buy online, but I could be wrong about that.) If you are buying multiple tickets, it can be worthwhile.

We bought six of these tickets for an upcoming trip. Ordering them was interesting because one person in the party needed a shorter duration ticket than the rest of the party. The website wouldn't let us add different days at the same time so we had to add them to the cart, close it out and come back into the website. But eventually it did work. We linked to the ordering site via the DVC member site and ordered under our dvc member log in on the WDW site. They offered an option to mail them or do willcall. We chose mail, so we'll see if we get them in the mail. The tickets were linked up to our MDE right away allowing me to look at FP+ 60 days into the future. Hopefully this will all work. The person who's name is on the actual member card is ;eaving after a week and the rest of the party is staying a few days longer. Hopefully this will all work out OK. I am wondering if we should have just went with UT, it might have been easier.

One other possible small savings for the DVC ticket special over UT is that you can buy discounted Disney gift cards (e.g. at Target with Target card for 5% off) and combine them into one or two gift cards at DisneyGiftCard.com. Then you can use the gift card to buy the DVC tickets through member services or at a park. (I don't think you can use the gift card to buy online, but I could be wrong about that.) If you are buying multiple tickets, it can be worthwhile.
I had two $50 gift cards and my Chase Rewards card and needed to buy two Water Park Annual Passes. When I bought them over the phone, the CM had to do two purchases, one for each card with one gift card and the Rewards card for each because he could only use two cards to make the purchase.

I had two $50 gift cards and my Chase Rewards card and needed to buy two Water Park Annual Passes. When I bought them over the phone, the CM had to do two purchases, one for each card with one gift card and the Rewards card for each because he could only use two cards to make the purchase.
That is the advantage of the DisneyGiftCard website. You can combine gift cards. I had 12 $25 cards and 4 $100 cards and combined them into a $700 card.

So, just to verify, the march 31st deadline is just to buy the tickets, correct? Not to use them? I have a June trip upcoming that I think I want to buy them for. And they'll mail them to me, but in addition they should show in my MDE account for FP+ selections?

FYI - I'm getting 8 day PH passes, and the cost for these through DVC is $424.94 (incl tax), UCT is $413 I believe using the mousesavers link, but I'll be buying Disney giftcards with my Target redcard which will made the DVC ticket $403.69, so it's a better deal.

So, just to verify, the march 31st deadline is just to buy the tickets, correct? Not to use them? I have a June trip upcoming that I think I want to buy them for. And they'll mail them to me, but in addition they should show in my MDE account for FP+ selections?

FYI - I'm getting 8 day PH passes, and the cost for these through DVC is $424.94 (incl tax), UCT is $413 I believe using the mousesavers link, but I'll be buying Disney giftcards with my Target redcard which will made the DVC ticket $403.69, so it's a better deal.
Correct, they are good indefinitely unused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter