• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC Member - Just purchased @ VGF

DavidG1966

Mouseketeer
This is my first post. I have just been lurking. All the posts I have read here made my decision a lot easier, so Thank you! My wife and I are Floridians. Most of our visits are day trips. However, we typically go for several nights for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and for another few nights once the parks are decorated for Christmas.

We ended up purchasing a contract at the Grand Floridan and will purchase another contract at the Polynesian once that becomes available. There aren't many resale contracts available for the VGF yet so we purchased directly. We wanted to be assured of a few nights during Christmas at the VGF.

We toured it this week. We were sold as soon as we drove up to it! Didn't even need to walk in... BUT we did! :)

:welcome: Home!

We have friends that own at VGF and have visited them there. BEAUTIFUL is all I can say.

Congratulations!

Going for the Epcot Food and Wine show and sometime around Christmas. No other plans yet...... Since it comes with the 2013 pts and the 2014 pts will populate this year we "MAY" use some of the points for Hawaii early in 2015!!!!! I just don't know if I could handle that many hours in a plane!!!

We bought GFV in September, our first trip home will be May this year, we stayed at BLT & AKV in November. We are also planning on buying Poly points~!

Welcome!

Welcome home.

We just added a 250 point Vero contract to our SSR and HHI contracts. Just waiting on RofR currently.

Welcome Home!!!:thumbsup2 Enjoy VGF its beautiful :beach: I hope to also add on at the poly unless the points are way out of line...

Welcome home to all the new members! Awesome! VGF is gorgeous, I wanted to add on some points there (we own at BWV and AKV) but DH insists we don't add on until we see Poly. That I think he'll go for :cool1:

Enjoy every trip and all the fun in planning!

I have just been lurking.

Glad to know I am not the only one!popcorn:: My wife and I have discussed DVC many times since we first visited with our family in 2009, we mad the trip in 2011 and are planning for this year as well. Perhaps we should have purchased already, but what made you pull the trigger so to speak?

If we plan a purchase now, should I look into a resale with 2013 pts and use the points from the purchase this year to go? Is this a good thought to use the money set aside for travel this year to invest? We would like to go every other or every two years, eventually a cruise. Thanks

(Sorry for hijacking your post :confused3)

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

We bought VGF after we saw the model in May. We stayed in a one bedroom for a week in Dec and a week in Jan.

It is a beautiful resort and the villas are exquisite.

We spent more time at the resort because there are so many things to do there.

Enjoy your new vacation home!

Congratulations! We added on 150 Pts at GFV and our first trip to our new home is next month. Super excited!

Best of luck!!

Welcome Home and Congrats!

We became DVC members in 2013 and VGF was our first DVC trip. Probably to a fault, I am a 'hotel snob' (as DH puts it) and the VGF knocked my socks off! Our home is Aulani (which we'll visit in 2015) but we are buying a contract at VGF next month....I fell in love with this resort!

One day we even saw the glass Pumpkin Coach pulled by 6 white ponies and accompanied by 3 Footmen on its way to the Wedding Chapel (I presume)...took several minutes to pick my jaw up off the ground :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter