New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

If I sign up for the Pete Docter signing, do I have to get the book signed? I’m getting the book, but I’m also bringing my Carl and Ellie Funko 2 pack that i’d really love for him to sign. I know at regular conventions the talent will sign pretty much anything you hand them, but for Docter and Merrick it specifically says they’ll sign the book. If thats the case and I can get into the signing, i’ll just get the book signed

It really couldn’t hurt to try both. Sweeten the deal with getting the book signed first and then ask them nicely if they’ll also sign your Carl & Ellie and that it would really mean a lot to you if they did...

Thanks. I'm confused that I can't find a link for the talent or that signing on the Expo app.
Go to the Marc Davis panel at 12:30, go into that event, at the bottom you will see Pete Doctor and Chris Meeker. Click on Pete Doctor, his two appearances will show & you can see the signing at 1:30 to star it to your favorites

@spideymike, and others who may need this info - I found that someone here was mentioning things on the schedule in the app I was not seeing in mine. I have not seen any App Store updates come through. I closed the app, reopened it (did not delete & redownload) and then the “missing items” showed up for me. So if you’re like me and rarely close apps might want to close and reopen it to be sure your app has all of then latest info.

Im trying to deceide between Legends and Disney + for stagepass. Which one will be harder to get into do you think?So I can line up normally for the other.

I mean seriously - you can bring in snacks to Disneyland, but not to a convention center? What about those of are diabetic and need something to eat in an emergency? Buy a candy bar at a vendor?
Past Expos they have let you bring snacks. Even when they say they don’t, they do. Sort of like Disney parks. Heck they have let us bring food too in some cases. While waiting in one of the long lines for Hall D23 we sent someone in our group over to the Hilton food court for sandwiches. But I would not count on that last part.

:wizard:

A virtual queue will be used when the reservation system goes live. If you're on the page prior to the queue opening, you'll need to refresh the page.

The reservations page message has been updated to show they will utilize a Virtual queue,,,similar to SWGE and sorcerer

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17 UPDATE
VIRTUAL QUEUE
Due to the anticipated heavy traffic to the site, we will be utilizing a virtual queue that will begin at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m. ET to make sure that reservations can be made in an orderly and fair way. If you are on this page prior to the queue opening, you will need to refresh this page to enter the virtual queue after reservations open.

Thanks! I finally see some of the talent on my app. I don't see much on it on the site. Could have been the issue.

Im trying to deceide between Legends and Disney + for stagepass. Which one will be harder to get into do you think?So I can line up normally for the other.

That's a hard one. In my mind, everyone is curious about Disney+ so it's a hot ticket. On the flipside, there's the line of getting through security in the morning and making it in time for Legends.

Two strategies, Stagepass for Legends and get there super early. Once it ends, wait in standby line for Disney+. Or arrive super early for Legends stand by line, enjoy the show, then use a Stagepass for Disney+.

I hope when I log in the system will recognize that I have multiple single day badges connected to my email address so that I don't have to get in to the virtual queue twice.

I hope when I log in the system will recognize that I have multiple single day badges connected to my email address so that I don't have to get in to the virtual queue twice.
I am not sure, since they say badge ID and email address will be required to log in to reservations.

I typed my badge number and copied it so I an just paste it in the reservation. For those of you with multiple badges you might want to do that to make it go more quickly, in case the system doesn't recognize them.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17 UPDATE

D23 Expo Online Reservations are set to launch today at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m ET.
VIRTUAL QUEUE

Due to the anticipated heavy traffic to the site, we will be utilizing a virtual queue that will begin at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m. ET to make sure that reservations can be made in an orderly and fair way. If you are on this page prior to the queue opening, you will need to refresh this page to enter the virtual queue after reservations open.
How does the virtual queue work?
We use the queue to make sure that reservations can be made in an orderly and fair way. Guests enter the queue in the order in which they arrive when reservations open. When you are placed in the queue, a unique identifier will allow us to hold your place in line.

As long as your browser is open, you will not lose your place. You will automatically be taken to the reservation page to login with your activated badge number and associated email address when it is your turn, without needing to refresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter