New confirmation number?

Mickeycrocs

Mouseketeer
got an email from Disney saying they changed my confirmation number. Was wondering if this happened to anyone else

Yes. When they upgraded their reservation system it assigned new confirmation numbers. I logged into MDE and all is good with my resort, tickets and magic band order.

Moving to Resorts as that is where package confirmations are discussed. :)

Kind of annoying though because it won't even load my balance remaining and there isn't an option to make a payment online which we always do!

I also received one and relieved that others received email too. Was a bit nervous.

Wonder if only package reservations changed? I didn't get a new number, that I can see but we book room only. They've always had different confirmation numbers than packages do

I called Disney and take what you will from it, the cast member said they are switching servers and it should be back in a week or so.

I have not received any emails, I'm guessing maybe my TA has? But looking at MDE, I can see the confirmation numbers are different. Everything else seems to be there are is should.

Must comment.... in database terms, your Res Number for a vacation is referred to as your "primary key".

WDW probably had a real NEED to change these - most likely due to EXPANSION of reservations. But this is a very DANGEROUS action..... it can screw up past data beyond belief, and needs to be done by EXPERT staff.

So - keep an eye on your current data.... and be ready to CALL CALL CALL like mad. This sort of operation CAN be done successfully.... by really GOOD DataBase coders. Just commenting that really GOOD IT staff do not appear to exist at Disney - WATCH OUT! The possibility of "disconnected data" is fairly high.

I have not received any emails, I'm guessing maybe my TA has? But looking at MDE, I can see the confirmation numbers are different. Everything else seems to be there are is should.

TA's got an email today with all the revised confirmation numbers for their reservations. They also show on individual MDE accounts.

I got the email too. I like having an all numeric confirmation number now rather than the one with letters and numbers. This morning I received a second email that showed all of the payments we made. However I did call them to confirm that everything was aligned since we have a reservation with two rooms and the CM asked me if I wanted to add Magical Express even though I already provided them with our flight information weeks ago. She said the Magical Express portion must not have updated. I am so glad I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter