• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new blog: Why I chose the Walt Disney World Marathon for my first marathon

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
I’ve always wanted to run a marathon. This is partly because I’ve always respected the challenges of the marathon and the physical strength and mental rigor of the marathon runner. To me, the marathon has always been one of those life’s challenges, a bucket list item, if you will, similar to climbing Mt. Everest or Mt. Kilimanjaro, or hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Read more here:

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/05/25/...-disney-world-marathon-for-my-first-marathon/

Disney was my first marathon as well (and my 4th, and next year, my 6th). I, like, MANY people, started running because of runDisney. It's a great organization and there are so many people who run these races, so you're NEVER alone.

love it! I ran the half last year and doing the full this year. I often forget there are "other" places to run. When I say to someone "oh yeah I'm doing the full marathon this year" they respond "where?" I always respond and say there's only one place I'd run a marathon, Disney of course.

But it's kind of funny because I have really been brought into this craziness by my Disney friends so I forget not everyone immediately equates marathon and Disney :rotfl:

I respect the full marathon folks. Still, I am sticking to my halfs and 10 milers. I found out over time my body is built for more Crossfit and strength events. I am not a fast long distance runner and the thought of running for 4 hours does nothing for me. :rotfl:

That said, from running the half I am sure the full is as entertaining. Side Note: from all the runs I will do in the 12 month time (starting Nov 2013) I will have run in each theme park and ESPN Wide World of Sports. So I got that going for me.

love it! I ran the half last year and doing the full this year. I often forget there are "other" places to run. When I say to someone "oh yeah I'm doing the full marathon this year" they respond "where?" I always respond and say there's only one place I'd run a marathon, Disney of course.

But it's kind of funny because I have really been brought into this craziness by my Disney friends so I forget not everyone immediately equates marathon and Disney :rotfl:

Go for the Dopey! I've run it twice: once, unofficially, in 2010 (when I ran every Disney race, including the 5ks), and this year for the inaugural official Dopey. As much as I love the Disney races, there are other great marathons out there. My favorite was Antarctica. Go for it!

The Disney full marathon wasn't just my first marathon but my first race ever,I skipped all the 5ks,10ks and half marathons and went straight to the biggie.Since then I've run dozens of the smaller races,half marathons and full marathons,the Disney full marathon is the one I plan on doing forever.I'm signed up for the Goofy Challenge in 2015 and I can't wait to take that one on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter