new blog: Sunglass Hut Opening in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

Wow. :confused3

I'm not sure how the report of a Sunglass Hut store coming to AdventureLand translates to an assumption that it will look like a futuristic mall store. Isn't it possible that it will be nicely themed to blend in with the surroundings? Kind of like the Starbucks on Main Street?

And before anybody (I know Nikki didn't do this) starts complaining about the commercialization of Disney, this location already carries a bunch of non-Disney merchandise. Its not introducing a new wrinkle into the fabric of the park.

There used to be a Hallmark Store and a bra shop on Main Street in Disneyland.

These were Walt's idea.

We have an Edy's Ice Cream Store and a Stabucks on Main Street in Orlando.

This isn't new.

Leave it to the new ***_ _ _ _ _ running Disney World to go into partnership with LUXOTICA, parent of Sunglass Hut, the most expensive eyewear retailer in the world. I work for the company and I do know they are multi national and without doubt the most expensive. This company makes so much money on glasses I guarantee you that LUXOTICA is not only leasing the space from Disney but they are probably paying Disney a portion of their profit. I'm sure LUXOTICA made them an offer they could not refuse. LUXOTICA is determined to not only be the largest retailer of eyewear, but to put all other optical retailers out of business. I have to work for this company, they own almost every optical chain within 50 miles of my house, to put food on the table but I don't have to agree with the way they do business. I truly hope that NO ONE is stupid enough to purchase eyewear from this store. Disney is not offering it's guests the convenience of having an upscale place to purchase designer eyewear at the park, they are just lining their own pockets. But, as we have all witnessed lately, the powers that be at WDW don't care about their loyal customers only the profit. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!! :confused3

Disney is not offering it's guests the convenience of having an upscale place to purchase designer eyewear at the park, they are just lining their own pockets.

Is this not the definition of business?

Disney is a business. Their goal is to make money. Lots and lots and lots of money.

Shopping at this new sunglass store is not a requirement when visiting the park.

As Dionne Warwick put it so well...."just walk on by".

Leave it to the new ***_ _ _ _ _ running Disney World to go into partnership with LUXOTICA, parent of Sunglass Hut, the most expensive eyewear retailer in the world. I work for the company and I do know they are multi national and without doubt the most expensive. This company makes so much money on glasses I guarantee you that LUXOTICA is not only leasing the space from Disney but they are probably paying Disney a portion of their profit. I'm sure LUXOTICA made them an offer they could not refuse. LUXOTICA is determined to not only be the largest retailer of eyewear, but to put all other optical retailers out of business. I have to work for this company, they own almost every optical chain within 50 miles of my house, to put food on the table but I don't have to agree with the way they do business. I truly hope that NO ONE is stupid enough to purchase eyewear from this store. Disney is not offering it's guests the convenience of having an upscale place to purchase designer eyewear at the park, they are just lining their own pockets. But, as we have all witnessed lately, the powers that be at WDW don't care about their loyal customers only the profit. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!! :confused3
I am not against Disney trying to make money. What I am against is commercializing WDW parks and I think this is a very bad decision. Of course, Disney sells name branded items in their shops. My favorite pair of Roxy pants came from one of the Island shops in Adventureland. But..I remember buying those pants at the shop and my wonderful experience at the parks. I certainly wouldn't have those fond memories had I purchased them at Pac-Sun. Corporate sponsorships are very different from corporate stores. I believe Disney is alienating the true guests and Disney lovers. Starbucks is popular because people want coffee. The Main Street Bakery was popular too. This is a slippery slope.

I hope they can make the store fit in to the location, but there's a big part of me that wonders whether people just want a quick & inexpensive pair of sunglasses when they are at a park, rather than a designer pair.

Either way, I'm not their target market, so it really won't affect me much, aside from the fact that I will have to see the store on my way to or from getting a Dole Whip fix.

Oh well, time will tell...

"the true guests"???

Who are these people?

who-are-these-people.jpg

Isn't this what that bold new vision at TIFCP(the island formerly containing pleasure) is for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter