New Blog: Starbucks to Replace Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom - UPDATED 11/10!

Everyone keeps bringing up the DCA location. Everyone says the decor is great and SB signage is almost unnoticeable. That's great...I agree. I think it's fabulous but the difference is that it isn't located on Main Street at Disney Land. You cannot compare the two locations.

Actually you can compare the two. The location of the SB in DCA is in a section that is themed to be Hollywood around the time that Walt arrived. I just went back to look at the pictures I took around DCA in August and I don't have one of the SB location - it wasn't anything that really stood out.

I would love to have a Starbucks but I have mixed feelings about it being in the Main Street Location.

I do have an alternative location. There is a large empty ex-restaurant in Adventureland that would be perfect.

It is a large space and it is close to the entrance of Adventureland and close to the hub.

Disney Parks Blog Update:

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

I walked into Starbucks this morning to get my morning coffee. I sometimes stop in Dunkin or Panera, I'm not especially loyal to either one. As someone who is disgusted about this move, am I making too much of this? Like every Starbucks store, the store I visited today was furnished with lovely couches, Starbucks mugs and calendars for sale , with cheesy Rod Stewart Xmas music playing (no disrespect to Rod The CD was on sale at the cashier). Is this the environment we're supposed to walk into on Main Street ? No offense to the NYC Starbucks crowd, but that is the stressful non stop rat race culture I'm trying to forget when I visit Main Street on my yearly trips to WDW. Put the store or kiosk somewhere else in the MK.

I guess I want to keep visiting the Main St of the early 1900s and not the Main St of 2013.

Totally agree. Why can't the bakery just serve SB coffee without becoming a Starbucks? My DH and I love the bakery. It's one of our favorite places in the park. I can't believe they're getting rid of it. Starbucks pastries stink. I will miss my beloved chocolate chip cookies from the bakery.

Because then it holds no appeal for lots of customers. I can't stand when locations claim to be Starbucks but only have the coffee or a limited menu. I want my Grande Caffe Vanilla Frappucino Light darnit!

And again... we do not know if they are getting rid of the chocolate chip cookies or not. Everyone is wildly assuming things without any evidence to back it up!!!

Disney Parks Blog Update:

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

Hooray! They addressed it. Hopefully that will calm the firestorm!

Hooray! They addressed it. Hopefully that will calm the firestorm!

One would think. LOL ;)

I think this portion of the post was really worded poorly:

Disney Parks Blog said:
At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

I get what they were going for, but they probably should have said something like "The Main Street Bakery/Fountain View will sell Starbucks products in addition to Disney offerings" (although I guess we don't know what's going on with Fountain View...;)).

I think this portion of the post was really worded poorly:

I get what they were going for, but they probably should have said something like "The Main Street Bakery/Fountain View will sell Starbucks products in addition to Disney offerings" (although I guess we don't know what's going on with Fountain View...;)).

Doesn't Fountain View currently sell Edy's ice cream?

I don't drink coffee and therefore do not care.

All I care about is it's themed correctly. Besides, the Starbucks symbol looks like it's old.

jcb said:
Doesn't Fountain View currently sell Edy's ice cream?

Right, what I meant was that they have now specifically addressed that Main Street Bakery will still have Disney bakery items along with the Starbucks stuff, so will Fountain View still have ice cream along with the Starbucks stuff?

More poor wording! ;)

I think 2Tiggies was being sarcastic. Because if her taste is anything like mine, I find their latte's far too weak. You can hardly taste the coffee. I mostly taste the milk! :crazy2: My fave coffee shop, Second Cup (in Canada), makes the perfect latte. You can actually taste coffee! But its not too strong either. Just right. :)

I figured she was being sarcastic, and I second the second cup vote. Maybe they should move into the Canada Pavilion. The only thing I don't like about Second cup right now is they don't have Gingerbread late this year what's up with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter