new blog: Disney MagicBand Styles Begin to Surface

I'm ready for them to get this thing done already. I was not amused with us "paper" ticket and AP people being directed to longer lines every time at the turnstiles. Plus my friend had a plastic ticket, so we were separated every time. It had me rethinking renewing my AP and going someplace else next year instead.

".... I have even learned that Dooney & Bourke might be working with Disney to create a MagicBand based off of their popular line of handbags. I can see this being a hot ticket (and hefty price tag) item that is sure to be flying off of the shelves in the near future."

Interesting, can't wait to see what the price point will be on those. I like the bags but I always decide against it when I see the tag.

I wonder if this means that the band will somehow be able to be turned on and off at some point since I assume a D&B MagicBand will be reusable.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the idea of paying more to personalize your bracelet just a little bit disgusting??

I just payed a little over a thousand dollars for 5 adult base MYW tickets. No hopping, no water parks, no nothing. The fact that my 10 and 12 year old kids are considered adults by Disney is ridiculous to begin with. Now some bean counter at corporate decides to offer different styles so they can make back the money invested in the new system.

I don't recall ever saying "gee this card in my pocket is so inconvenient". OK I'm done ranting now, I'm going back to my happy place of planning for our next trip.

I like the personalized designs! I really hope they don't cost an arm and a leg, but that may be too much to ask for :rolleyes: I'm really glad to have it confirmed that they are adjustable, though. That means I won't have to wear it on my wrist all the time and can loop it around a strap on my bag. The keychain option sounds interesting, too.

key chains will also be available

Hate the idea of paying to "upgrade", but I would be much more comfortable with a key chain in my pocket then something on my wrist.

I can't really see myself caring about making the magic bands "personal". We don't go often enough. Now if we were AP holders and were going every weekend or something maybe....but that is still a big maybe.

Looking at that family with all their "Magic Bands" ... I thought (fully acknowledging it's a BRACELET and not a COLLAR) that it looked like they were all wearing a dog collar. Everybody looks like they're chipped and ready to go!

Some of the designs are cool.

LOL...I had the dog collar thought as well, especially on the pics of just the bands. Half expect them to come out with a "kids leash" accessory to help keep toddlers from running off :lmao:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the idea of paying more to personalize your bracelet just a little bit disgusting??

I just payed a little over a thousand dollars for 5 adult base MYW tickets. No hopping, no water parks, no nothing. The fact that my 10 and 12 year old kids are considered adults by Disney is ridiculous to begin with. Now some bean counter at corporate decides to offer different styles so they can make back the money invested in the new system.

I don't recall ever saying "gee this card in my pocket is so inconvenient". OK I'm done ranting now, I'm going back to my happy place of planning for our next trip.

So just get a basic one rather than upgrading. No biggie. (I'll be paying to upgrade to match my Wine & Dine Half Marathon costume. :lmao:) Isn't those of us suckers paying more for customized ones better than passing the cost off on everyone?

But then again, I also don't have a problem with 10 year olds being considered adults. There wasn't a single attraction my then 7 year old couldn't ride/watch in October.

LOL...I had the dog collar thought as well, especially on the pics of just the bands. Half expect them to come out with a "kids leash" accessory to help keep toddlers from running off :lmao:

lol...the scary thing...that might sell. :rotfl2:

I am totally one of those people who I am sure Disney is counting on. Up front I honestly think it is a little silly to "customize" your "dog collar" :-)rotfl: on that one, PP!) However, if I see one with Elliot, R2-D2, Maleficent or a monorail on it, you can bet your boots I will fork over the money to have it! :blush:

I don't really want to pay extra to alter my band...but I'm drawn to being able to customize something that I will be sporting on my wrist for a whole week. If I consider it a souvenir then I might feel a little better about it...of course I haven't seen the cost yet..

Ready for these things to be rolled out.

I like the customizable options! I don't like the big bright colored solid ones so yeah, I'd pay more for a designer one. And if they could be used for more than one trip that would be totally amazing since we go rather often. Get this thing going before my July trip and all will be good :)

i feel like these bands might get lost more than your standard ticket.. i mean i take my ticket out to get into the park and it back in my wallet.. it only comes out if i'm charging something to it or for EMH, and if they are removable - just seems like they could come off at some point by themselves... :confused3 we shall see

Am I the only one that this is all old news for? We've had some of the pictures for over a month. Some of them for almost a year.

I am totally one of those people who I am sure Disney is counting on. Up front I honestly think it is a little silly to "customize" your "dog collar" :-)rotfl: on that one, PP!) However, if I see one with Elliot, R2-D2, Maleficent or a monorail on it, you can bet your boots I will fork over the money to have it! :blush:

I am with you. But I would be persuaded by Rafiki or sorcerer Mickey. Or maybe king Louie! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter